Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“ This manager can’t be defended “

Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:21 pm

In my opinion, there is no defending Erol Bulut after tonight.

It was another lacklustre display with no real intent to win the game.

Our best player was Rubin Colwill and he took him off.

Most of us went into these two home games expecting him show us something different but it was just more of the same.

The team look to have zero confidence and they create nothing.

Another poor display tonight.

I’ll be back on Saturday.

Re: “ This manager can’t be defended “

Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:24 pm

Our wingers are always receiving the ball in our own half. This is okay if you have wing backs busting a guy to get in behind, but we don’t.

I’m getting fed up of this mind numbingly boring style of play.

Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:25 pm

Colwill was gassed tonight, in my opinion.

Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:26 pm

SB 1927 wrote:Colwill was gassed tonight, in my opinion.

I’d agree with that, was ineffective at the time he was taken off.

Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:28 pm

It was an awful display.

Granted we kept a clean sheet, but going forward, there is no style of play. We just cut inside and it gets recycled until we hit a diagonal ball out of play.

The only reason he’s not gone is because he’s Dalman’s mate and Tan needs Dalman more than Dalman needs Tan.

Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:35 pm

Ned,

I have finally given up wanting to give Bulut chance after chance.

He said he likes to play attacking football, plenty of goals and never give up.

Well it’s match after match of boring, dire, defensive football and has NO signs of improvement.

I’m glad now Bulut never got a New Contract, but will the Clowns running our club get anyone better in? ??

Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:37 pm

Is Russell Slade available?

Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:40 pm

I apologise. I was wrong. He will never make it in this league.

We can't keep on wash, rinse & repeat, but this guy isn't the answer. At times at home against a team below us there was a back 6, the spares are marking space, and a counter is just not on.

Etete will never make it in the championship within the next four or five years but he is so isolated he'd have to be John Toshak to win and hold onto the ball he has so few team mates within laying-off range. The wingers are extra full backs.

pretty pissed off as we can't keep on doing this but FFS he isn't the answer

Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:57 pm

Let's face it his tactics are negative, its like we are playing a 6-2-1-1 its crap as timechas gone on he's coached all flair out of the team

Tue Feb 20, 2024 11:21 pm

Another awful performance devoid of any real attacking prowess. Have to say though Colwill was subbed as he had run out of steam.
However, Bulut has run out of ideas and isn’t the man for us. We should be able to limp over the line but will get stuffed by the worzels and the jacks. Take the time now to find the right manager in the summer, maybe even give someone new the last 6 games of this season to assess what we have.

Tue Feb 20, 2024 11:38 pm

Agree flat performances not enough energy or desire from the players negative tactics don't press well enough, no spark.
Remember Malkys first season on a low budget? Hard working fit players, press and chase everything give 110% as Warnock used to say you gotta f*cking wanna die for 3 points. Maybe Bulut lacks that charisma and ability to motivate the players, along with shite tactics. That's what the whole club needs a kick up the arse.

Tue Feb 20, 2024 11:55 pm

This defence can’t be managed. I’d include the midfield and attack too.

Wed Feb 21, 2024 6:34 am

wez1927 wrote:Let's face it his tactics are negative, its like we are playing a 6-2-1-1 its crap as timechas gone on he's coached all flair out of the team

A fella by me summarised it well; he said we play like we're a man down due to a red card or injury. Its a very strange style of play.

Wed Feb 21, 2024 9:49 am

I have supported Bulut up until now, I think he should be replaced but let him see this season out. I have no confidence the next manager will do any better with the team we have. Bottom to mid table championship side at best. As I have said for years, Tan needs to go for any real positive change to occur. :bluescarf: