Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Blackburn manager John Eustace: "I thought it was a really

Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:17 pm

Blackburn manager John Eustace:

"I thought it was a really poor game, especially the first half, but I'm absolutely delighted with the point.

"That's our first clean sheet in 17 games so that's a massive positive for us. In the second half I thought we controlled the game with our possession.

"We want to be better in defending. It's important we stop conceding because we had the worst defence in the league when we came in.

"Tonight we defended really well and had the best chance of the game, which on another day Ty [Tyrhys Dolan] would put away. It wasn't a spectacle but what a massive plus that is, a first clean sheet in 17 games."

Re: Blackburn manager John Eustace: "I thought it was a rea

Tue Feb 20, 2024 11:49 pm

Eustace's verdict on Blackburn Rovers penalty appeal -

John Eustace felt Blackburn Rovers should've had a penalty against Cardiff City after Callum Brittain's shot was blocked by an arm.
The game ended nil-nil in South Wales in what was a drab game that neither team deserved to win. Chance were at a premium and Rovers only had one clear-cut opportunity.

Brittain's shot was blocked by the arm of Dimitrios Goutas before breaking to substitute Tyrhys Dolan, who was denied by an excellent save from Ethan Horvath.

Eustace felt that Rovers could've been awarded a penalty for the initial shot but admitted a point apiece was a fair result.

"Yeah, I thought we could've had one, I was right behind it," Eustace told The Lancashire Telegraph.

"I thought it looked like handball. It wasn't given and then we had a big chance just after. Disappointed not to score.

"We have a really nice group of players! I'd have liked to have seen them appeal a bit more maybe but the point is a fair result. The players can be as nice as they want if it went to VAR!

"We did have a good chance after that to score and we didn't. We're taking the positives from the game."

Re: Blackburn manager John Eustace: "I thought it was a rea

Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:38 am

A clean sheet against us isn't much to celebrate, John.