Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Cardiff City Player has a row with Cardiff Fans:

Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:52 pm

Just read:

Wintle had a row with fans in Ninian after failing to beat first man with dangerous looking free kick.

Then went back for more words.

Wish he’d focus on his game cos 10 mins later he takes a free kick on other side - and again didn’t beat first man!Why isn’t Colwill taking them?

Re: Cardiff City Player has a row with Cardiff Fans:

Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:55 pm

Horvarth had to make a worldie of a save because he was stuck in the mud. Having a bad season!!!

Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:58 pm

How he is our captain, I never know. Poor in everything he does.

Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:59 pm

Making Wintle a regular and even captain sums up why this club have struggled so much in recent years. Works hard but he is bang average and City fans have every right to moan at his distribution from basic set pieces.

Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:06 pm

Shouldn't be captain

Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:33 pm

Plymuff Bloobird wrote:Shouldn't be captain

Shouldn’t be on the pitch.

Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:42 pm

He just motioned to calm down, nothing special, Bellers did far worse

Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:57 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Just read:

Wintle had a row with fans in Ninian after failing to beat first man with dangerous looking free kick.

Wish he’d focus on his game cos 10 mins later he takes a free kick on other side - and again didn’t beat first man!Why isn’t Colwill taking them?

This was in front of us and he shouted for us to "calm down!" after another wasted set-piece; not his first or last poor delivery of the night...

Those around us gave him some deserved 'stick' and rightly so...

For me, Ralls should have been in there with Siopis and I feel sure he would have added better delivery, as well as that little 'bite' that Wintle hasn't got...

To be fair, Etete put in some great defensive work tonight, too...! :ayatollah:

Tue Feb 20, 2024 11:04 pm

There was nothing in this and it certainly wasn’t a “row” !!

He was just saying calm down and I don’t see anything wrong with that. He didn’t hide, he kept going and I thought he and Siopis played pretty well today.

Wed Feb 21, 2024 7:41 am

Worrying to think he consistently plays 90 and is captain for games.

More worrying that he’s our highest earner.

Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:19 am

Of he's a regular starter we are in trouble, very below average player.

Wed Feb 21, 2024 12:24 pm

His second free kick he got some stick from the fans near me, nothing harsh just told him to leave it to Bowler and walk away

Wed Feb 21, 2024 1:23 pm

It's amazing to me that a professional footballer, one division below the elite in the sport, kicking a ball that's not moving and with no opposition player within 10 yards, cannot deliver a free kick or corner accurately.

Especially when our only chance of a goal nowadays it seems is from such a dead ball situation.

I'd love to know what they actually do in training.

Wed Feb 21, 2024 3:12 pm

Sven wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Just read:

This was in front of us and he shouted for us to "calm down!" after another wasted set-piece; not his first or last poor delivery of the night...

Those around us gave him some deserved 'stick' and rightly so...

For me, Ralls should have been in there with Siopis and I feel sure he would have added better delivery, as well as that little 'bite' that Wintle hasn't got...

To be fair, Etete put in some great defensive work tonight, too...! :ayatollah:

This last line encapsulates why we are struggling to score goals. Your centre forward needs to concentrate more on his lack
of movement in the box, little darting channel runs in behind, rather than defending! Ye gods!!

Even fans are getting the Bulut mentality. It has to STOP to push the team forward. Last night all Etete did was fall over on his 'arris, and moan non stop to the referee. How he starts in our side, totally lost for words. Karlan Grant should wear that shirt all day long - ANOTHER huge mistake by Erol Bulut.

Wiggy

Wed Feb 21, 2024 3:21 pm

Never a good sign when a player feels like he has to argue with fans.

Agree with others on here, he shouldn’t even be playing.

He’s only still at the club because he had a half decent few months on loan at Blackpool.