Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

MY VIEW: TONIGHT CARDIFF CITY FANS MUST BE WONDERING WHEN TH

Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:35 pm

MY VIEW: TONIGHT CARDIFF CITY FANS MUST BE WONDERING WHEN THEY CAN SEE THEIR CLUB SCORE AT HOME & SEE AN ENTERTAINING GAME???

A much improved first- half by Cardiff against a very mediocre Blackburn side.

But yet again toothless upfront.

No momentum in the side.

No urgency.

Second-half Cardiff looked tired and allowed Blackburn to be more in control.

Then became yet another dull game.

Cardiff had not scored a goal at home since Boxing AND yet again Cardiff failed to score.

Before Tonight:
Erol Bulut had Won 4 of his last 16 League and Cup games and just Won 1 in City’s last 7 games (6 defeats).
Plus the football has been boring / dire and absolutely toothless upfront.

My man of the match Grant created 4 chances.

FIRST-HALF: For 30mins Cardiff controlled the game and looked good but once again nothing in the final third.
Over all a much improved half, but still totally toothless upfront.

Karlan Grant with the only chance and made their goalie come out and save, but that was it in front of goal.

SECOND-HALF: Two saves by Blackburn goalie in 5 mins.

60th min: Blackburn Double Sub Buckley on, Garrett off.
Dolan on, Gallaher off.

The game changed.
Blackburn got in top , 64th min What a save by Horvath.

67th min: Bowler off, Tanner on.

78th min: Colwill off, Turnbull on.
Etete off, Diedhiou on.

BLACKBURN 0 CARDIFF CITY 0
H-T 0-0
Crowd 17,132
Away Support 369

Cardiff City: Horvath; Romeo, Goutas, Phillips, Collins; Siopis, Wintle; Bowler, Colwill, Grant; Etete.

Subs: Turner, Ralls, Turnbull, Sawyers, Diedhiou, Wilson-Esbrand, Tanner, Ng, Ashford.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: MY VIEW: TONIGHT CARDIFF CITY FANS MUST BE WONDERING WHE

Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:36 pm

A Dreary and Dead Cardiff City Stadium
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:38 pm

Table:

Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:39 pm

Horrible atmosphere which cannot help at all.

Boring result.

Some improvements in individual performances. Blackburn were awful.

What a bore that was.

A hard earnt point that stops the rot. That's all it is.

Awful game. No direction in the final third again.

Couldn’t score in a brothel!

Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:40 pm

much better tonight, but the issue lies in the board very poor transfer window and it shows. we had a good chance to bring in quality and failed to do so, and its showed tonight lack luster upfront quite simply shite. blackburn are a poor side and we should be beating them at home !

Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:42 pm

Rubin when he had the ball just outside the corner of the box with 3 players ahead of him waiting for the cross and then passing it back summed up everything about the way we're playing at the moment for me.

Overall 2 poor teams in poor weather playing poor football.

Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:42 pm

I said we may get a point if Blackburn don't score,I was correct.

Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:43 pm

One of the most boring games I have ever witnessed

Tedious, dull, slow lack of quality two absolutely piss poor teams!!
Last edited by oohahhPaulMillar on Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:44 pm

Two shit teams tonight bar one or two. The end.
Last edited by Bluebird1977 on Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:44 pm

oohahhPaulMillar wrote:One of the most boring games I have ever witnessed

Tedious, dull, slow, lack of quality two absolutely piss poor teams!!

Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:45 pm

There you are once again a Top Side loses Southampton 1 Hull 2

Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:46 pm

I can’t wait to see the back of EB and this lacklustre style of playing. Didn’t even test the keeper tonight! We are destined for relegation. Maybe not this season, but definitely next season.

Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:46 pm

Disappointing but glad we didn't concede. Horvath looked sharper this game than in other ones (apart from the footie he was playing under pressure at the end, heart attack). Colwill and Grant made some leeway but still nothing to celebrate in the finishing department. We gotta review either playing two up top in a better partnership, or just play more aggressively up the middle and pepper shots from the edge of the box or something.

Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:47 pm

Ipswich 4 Rotherham 3

Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:49 pm

If Ramsey, O'Dowda and Robinson played that game we would have won tonight. That's the quality missing. Don't care how we do it just get to 50 points plus as soon as possible. I thought Romeo had a good game tonight and the keeper was better too. Terrible game but give Bulut some credit for trying a different shape and for the team having more urgency in the first half.

Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:52 pm

EastleighBlue wrote:If Ramsey, O'Dowda and Robinson played that game we would have won tonight. That's the quality missing. Don't care how we do it just get to 50 points plus as soon as possible. I thought Romeo had a good game tonight and the keeper was better too. Terrible game but give Bulut some credit for trying a different shape and for the team having more urgency in the first half.

Give him credit? For what exactly? A home game where we fail to test the opposition keeper and constantly asking his players to play sideways and backwards.

Not good enough and we deserve better! He’ll ask us to be patient in a few mins and before long we will be where Reading are.

Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:53 pm

Thought it was a much better performance today, first half we should have turned the pressure into a goal. Their goalkeeper made a few decent saves but ones you’d expect from a half decent keeper, but we just seemed to runout of gas towards the end.

Thought the ref was slow with his cards in the first half, allowed a lot of cynical fouls to go unpunished, but overall didn’t have a bad game either.

Etete played the kind of game that seems to suit him, used to bring other players into the attack and a platform to work off. A fair few shots in this game but remember under Warnock we regularly had 20+ shots at goal with around half on target in our promotion campaign. If we get that many chances there’s a decent chance one will probably go in even if accidentally.

If Colwill kept it up I’d have said he was MoM but as he gassed out I’d say Grant was. One of the better games I’ve seen Romeo play too, but mainly due to him not being caught out of position (same for Collins)

Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:58 pm

Table:

Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:11 pm

17,131 includes 369 away fans.

Looked like 14,000

Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:16 pm

I'm sorry but we are never going to score unless we change something.

It's madness to keep doing the same approach with the same players and expect a different outcome.

Grant has to play as a 9 for me. He's our best player available and looks most likely to score.

Unfortunately Bowler's confidence looks shot and worryingly it seems a common theme through all of our attacking players.

Is that just they're not good enough or something to do with how they're managed/how they're told to play.

Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:21 pm

Nickoblue23 wrote:I'm sorry but we are never going to score unless we change something.

It's madness to keep doing the same approach with the same players and expect a different outcome.

Grant has to play as a 9 for me. He's our best player available and looks most likely to score.

Unfortunately Bowler's confidence looks shot and worryingly it seems a common theme through all of our attacking players.

Is that just they're not good enough or something to do with how they're managed/how they're told to play.

Why we don’t play Grant through the middle I’ll never know.

Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:26 pm

Replies:

Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:26 pm

REPLIES:

Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:27 pm

Replies:

Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:28 pm

Replies:

Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:29 pm

Replies:

Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:30 pm

Bit better but still way to slow near the box, so many times we could of got an early ball in but we stop and f**k around with it

Tue Feb 20, 2024 11:00 pm

Yes, it was better tonight simply because there was a bit of effort and we tried to press and win the ball in the opposition half rather than sitting back like the last 2/3 months.

I agree with those calling for Grant to play down the middle. He’s seems to improving as the season goes on and whilst he might not win balls in the air nor does Etete on the new guy.

Bulut needs to learn that sitting back is asking for trouble in the Championship so play on the front foot and try and force it.

I have a feeling he knows he won’t be here next season and is just treading water. He has lost players like Ramsey, O’Dowda, Robinson, etc., but he’s still not getting the best out of what he has got available.