Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Attend Games or lose your season ticket

Tue Feb 20, 2024 5:23 pm

This is being done at Arsenal in a bid to improve their match-day atmosphere
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Attend Games or lose your season ticket

Tue Feb 20, 2024 5:26 pm

Messy this is. Can see arguments both ways.

Tue Feb 20, 2024 5:52 pm

Surely they’ll just give the ticket away or sell it for the ones they do not attend ?
The club doesn’t know who’s going through the turnstiles ??

Tue Feb 20, 2024 5:54 pm

I like it.

There are people, particularly at “top six” clubs, that buy a season ticket but only go to the attractive games.

It wouldn’t happen at our club because these are clubs that sell out season tickets and have huge waiting lists.

Good on Arsenal for doing this, would be good to see the other big clubs follow them.

Tue Feb 20, 2024 6:12 pm

Simple solution, don't buy a season ticket. You're not going to miss much. Plenty of seats available every game.

Tue Feb 20, 2024 6:27 pm

FOOTSOLDIER wrote:Simple solution, don't buy a season ticket. You're not going to miss much. Plenty of seats available every game.

At our club but not at the Arsenal and/or similar teams...

Waiting lists for years at Spurs, Liverpool and Man City, too... :ayatollah:

Tue Feb 20, 2024 6:30 pm

Sven wrote:
FOOTSOLDIER wrote:Simple solution, don't buy a season ticket. You're not going to miss much. Plenty of seats available every game.

At our club but not at the Arsenal and/or similar teams...

Waiting lists for years at Spurs, Liverpool and Man City, too... :ayatollah:

Exactly Chris, I know a long time season ticket holder at Man Utd (none of them live in or come from Manchester) and he has friends who have been on the waiting list for over ten years.

Tue Feb 20, 2024 7:16 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:I like it.

There are people, particularly at “top six” clubs, that buy a season ticket but only go to the attractive games.

It wouldn’t happen at our club because these are clubs that sell out season tickets and have huge waiting lists.

Good on Arsenal for doing this, would be good to see the other big clubs follow them.

I think we sold plenty of season tickets for people who just wanted to see the big games

Tue Feb 20, 2024 7:26 pm

Mr Ducie wrote:This is being done at Arsenal in a bid to improve their match-day atmosphere

'best possible atmosphere on matchdays'

we'd need to re-open ninian park than the graveyard we've got

Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:05 pm

Hope this isn't implementee for us. Or if they do its because you click you'll be attending and not show up. As I can't do most weekends due to work. My games are usually midweek and the odd Saturday if I can get half a day in work.

Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:54 pm

I hope they do it for us......The only way i an going to break this habit.....

Tue Feb 20, 2024 11:07 pm

arri potta wrote:
Mr Ducie wrote:This is being done at Arsenal in a bid to improve their match-day atmosphere

That’ll be the same “graveyard” that has seen some of the best atmospheres ever for Wales games !!??

Nothing to do with the ground, all to do with the fans in it !!

Wed Feb 21, 2024 6:43 am

piledriver64 wrote:
arri potta wrote:

That’ll be the same “graveyard” that has seen some of the best atmospheres ever for Wales games !!??

It's not just the fans. It's the football also. Wales have done well in recent years since the Speed days and enjoyed relative success in international tournament progression which is why the atmosphere can be so good.

Go back to the days of regular 100 + international standing and fans would stop going so much.

When we have relative success in prem and cup finals fans turn up and create an atmosphere.

Thu Feb 22, 2024 7:52 am

Bambasbestbuddy22 wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:
arri potta wrote:

It's not just the fans. It's the football also. Wales have done well in recent years since the Speed days and enjoyed relative success in international tournament progression which is why the atmosphere can be so good.

Go back to the days of regular 100 + international standing and fans would stop going so much.

When we have relative success in prem and cup finals fans turn up and create an atmosphere.

Yeah that’s the point Mr piledriver is making.

It’s been loud in the CCS so people just blaming the stadium are incorrect. Ninian could be a graveyard as well.

Thu Feb 22, 2024 12:45 pm

Other top teams in premier league have various conditions for having ST! One is forcing fans to but cup tickets which are extra to ST. Some I believe have ticket exchange system so if can't go can offer to other fans..