Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

How to stop Szmodics

Tue Feb 20, 2024 3:04 pm

That will be the key tonight I think.

Blackburn are an average team but Szmodics is a very good player, as everyone can see from his goalscoring this season. I expect he’ll get a PL move in the summer.

The only player we have that can successfully man-mark him from the start is Siopis, because of his energy. Wintle or Ralls can’t do that job.

We also need to attack them, we’re the home team. Want to see Grant through the middle now.

So, in terms of team selection, I would go with something like:

Horvath
Romeo Goutas Phillips Ralls
Turnbull Siopis
Wilson-Esbrand Colwill Bowler
Grant

Re: How to stop Szmodics

Tue Feb 20, 2024 3:22 pm

Erol Bulut needs to change the way he approaches tonight's game , Ned...

I think this team would be interesting with no Rubin and Grant up the middle but is he under too much pressure to experiment...?

I'd like to think so... :ayatollah:

Tue Feb 20, 2024 3:35 pm

Siopis can shine tonight doing that job

Tue Feb 20, 2024 4:18 pm

i'll have a fiver on 4 nil to Blackburn with that nonsense of a team!

Tue Feb 20, 2024 4:19 pm

Agree with all of that with the strict exception of Hovarth, I really hope Alnwick is back as EB intimated he's now OK. I'm not too confident of Hovarth being effective as cover either.

Whatever, EB and the team need to make a statement tonight and a reaction after Norwich and Preron. It's a home game and a team with problems that we really should be beating, no excuses. Let's get back to the type of play and attitude we saw in the first 3 months.

Tue Feb 20, 2024 4:49 pm

Desperate times call for common sense measures.

Bulut does need to experiment by doing something he hasn't done in months and that's getting the team on the front foot and play some positive football.

If we fail by throwing the cart at it, fair enough. He's under pressure largely created by himself.

Tue Feb 20, 2024 5:58 pm

Tuna Pasta Bake wrote:Desperate times call for common sense measures.

Bulut does need to experiment by doing something he hasn't done in months and that's getting the team on the front foot and play some positive football.

If we fail by throwing the cart at it, fair enough. He's under pressure largely created by himself.

Very good post, if we lose then lose in the right way.

We obviously need to deal with Szmodics (Siopis’ job in my view) but otherwise take the game to them.