Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

12th man or detrimental to the team?

Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:13 am

I honestly believe the fans can make a massive difference at home, positively and negatively. At the moment every missed pass or pass backwards is met by groans (or one guy by me continually screaming “FORWARD” at every opportunity.

This can't be a good environment for the players to be playing in.

SUPPORT THE BOYS AND MAKE SOME NOISE

Re: 12th man or detrimental to the team?

Tue Feb 20, 2024 11:23 am

Underhill1927 wrote:I honestly believe the fans can make a massive difference at home, positively and negatively. At the moment every missed pass or pass backwards is met by groans (or one guy by me continually screaming “FORWARD” at every opportunity.

Problem there is the team are very un inspiring. Last home game, the crowd were noisy and buoyant first 20 minutes,
that soon eroded. We've had months and months of crab football and frankly it's enough. Our gates will dwindle, if
they haven't already, our style and play is chronically bad.

When your team can't even muster a decent strike on the opposition goal in free play, it dents any singing. Throw in the
make up of the stadium, which is another recipe for a library.

The Preston game I ended up having a good chat with Gilo about passion and the good old days. What was in front on the pitch became incidental. Entertainment value - ZERO! :bluebird:

Tue Feb 20, 2024 11:57 am

Wiggy wrote:
Underhill1927 wrote:I honestly believe the fans can make a massive difference at home, positively and negatively. At the moment every missed pass or pass backwards is met by groans (or one guy by me continually screaming “FORWARD” at every opportunity.

Problem there is the team are very un inspiring. Last home game, the crowd were noisy and buoyant first 20 minutes,
that soon eroded. We've had months and months of crab football and frankly it's enough. Our gates will dwindle, if
they haven't already, our style and play is chronically bad.

When your team can't even muster a decent strike on the opposition goal in free play, it dents any singing. Throw in the
make up of the stadium, which is another recipe for a library.

The Preston game I ended up having a good chat with Gilo about passion and the good old days. What was in front on the pitch became incidental. Entertainment value - ZERO! :bluebird:

I get that mate and it’s hard to get excited at the moment. I do kind of feel for the players though, as it’s not an environment where they feel they can express themselves (whether that’s down to Bulut or fear of being abused for something not coming off)

Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:03 pm

Sounds like one or two should not be making any noise.

Tue Feb 20, 2024 1:22 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:

Honestly I’m surrounded by middle aged men (and I am one) who have no other outlet for their anger. It’s embarrassing at times haha

Tue Feb 20, 2024 1:43 pm

Underhill1927 wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

Honestly I’m surrounded by middle aged men (and I am one) who have no other outlet for their anger. It’s embarrassing at times haha

Amusing for some of us :laughing6:

Tue Feb 20, 2024 3:56 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
Underhill1927 wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

Amusing for some of us :laughing6:

At 44 I’ve finally realised that football isn’t worth getting too upset about haha

Tue Feb 20, 2024 4:01 pm

It’s been the same for a while. Fans are up for it pre-game and support the team when they come out the tunnel.

But if we don’t score in the first 20 minutes it dies down.

If we still haven’t scored after half an hour then there are groans whenever we pass it backwards.

The fact is the fans try to support the team but can’t be blamed when the players don’t deliver and feed off the crowd.

Tue Feb 20, 2024 6:11 pm

I blame social media..... As do everyone for everything

I don't believe the majority of our fan base (the Ninian and Canton) care about playing the right way, they want the ball forward quickly, not aimlessly but much quicker and struggle to see the tactics of pass and staying absolutely still (nor sure there are benefits)

A decent tackle or someone running and beating their man and we are on our feet, we are not Swansea, we love this rather than pass, pass,pass whack it forward.

Tue Feb 20, 2024 6:17 pm

llan bluebird wrote:I blame social media..... As do everyone for everything

I don't believe the majority of our fan base (the Ninian and Canton) care about playing the right way, they want the ball forward quickly, not aimlessly but much quicker and struggle to see the tactics of pass and staying absolutely still (nor sure there are benefits)

A decent tackle or someone running and beating their man and we are on our feet, we are not Swansea, we love this rather than pass, pass,pass whack it forward.

Spot on

In the game against Preston, there was a big cheer when Phillips made a crunching tackle early on.

We would all love to play like Man City but we can’t, so let’s just play in the best way we can to get results.

Nobody was talking about the style of play under Malky or Warnock.

Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:18 pm

To be fair the crowd stuck with the team tonight, can’t fault the players effort

Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:24 pm

Nothing new mate. Been like it a while.

We have seen off many a confidence player with the way our fans are.

We need to look in the mirror for sure.