Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: This is why I Totally Respect Erol Bulut / Despite:

Mon Feb 19, 2024 5:36 pm

kyle08 wrote:
eddie j wrote:So who's gonna buy us out then. Needs to be someone with more money than Tan. Don't see them queuing up.

there is always a buyer, west brom just sold for 60 mill to american owners im sure someone would buy us

60 million plus 180 million of debt

Mon Feb 19, 2024 6:07 pm

I don’t agree with this post as team selection has been poor, tactics wrong, wingers playing on the wrong wing etc. Bulut did well at the start but has steadily declined as the season goes on. Difficult to someone in now but if possible Cooper would make a good replacement. :bluescarf:

Mon Feb 19, 2024 7:15 pm

wez1927 wrote:
kyle08 wrote:
eddie j wrote:So who's gonna buy us out then. Needs to be someone with more money than Tan. Don't see them queuing up.

there is always a buyer, west brom just sold for 60 mill to american owners im sure someone would buy us

60 million plus 180 million of debt

Wez, which club does that remind you of ?

Mon Feb 19, 2024 8:53 pm

I also have a lot of respect for Bulut.

But our football has been awful recently and things can’t go on like this.

We have to improve in these two home games this week.

I’ll be travelling to Cardiff in the morning and will hope, if not expect, we put in a much better performance in the evening.

Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:37 pm

Found this tactical break down really interesting from Jesse Marsch on Sky Sports tonight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RN5YXhc_1U

Everything he said you shouldnt do Cardiff City do, free coaching for you there Bulut

Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:42 am

AfricanBluebird wrote:Good points.

It's true that it's hard to judge Bulut because there isn't a level playing field, but he did get a tune out of this team in september and october.. With the team more dangerous, more creative, more solid and faster.

So whats hapened since then apart from the injury to Ramsey? Surely Bulut has to take the majority of blame for that.

As mentioned, the two games this week are absolutely critical.

Anything less than 4 points is unacceptable.. But i just can't see where the goals are gonna come from unless there is a radical change to the selection and tactics.

I've always been realistic about this season and the previous talk of a play off challenge was always a bit of fantasy, i would be happy with a 14th place finish IF we seen the team develop and a style of play being attempted so we have something to build on next season.. Sadly I've seen nothing since October that indicates Bulut has a vision or goal for how he wants us to play.. E.g...

We don't press as a team.. Either presss as a team or don't.. But we press as individuals.. So we are not a pressing team

We are not cutting teams apart with slick passing.. Our passing is poor and negative. We don't dominate possession at all.

We are not absorbing pressure and hitting teams on the break (scored zero goals on the break)

We don't even play the long ball looking to hold up play and play off a big man... I dislike that style but at least it can be effective.

We don't play with wingers who get to the byline and cross or cute the ball back.. In fact we play with wide players on their weaker food who always have to bring the ball inside as they don't have the confidence to play on their weaker foot.

Point is... I am not seeing any progress or players improving.. Quite the opposite.

We can blame Tan for interfering, we can blame him for being disinterested, we can blame him for not backing bulut in the transfer window, but we can't blame him for bizarre tactics and the slow slow approach to games.

Saturday evening is gonna v

Spot On post get the manager out asap

Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:36 pm

Wiggy wrote:
AfricanBluebird wrote:Good points.

It's true that it's hard to judge Bulut because there isn't a level playing field, but he did get a tune out of this team in september and october.. With the team more dangerous, more creative, more solid and faster.

So whats hapened since then apart from the injury to Ramsey? Surely Bulut has to take the majority of blame for that.

As mentioned, the two games this week are absolutely critical.

Anything less than 4 points is unacceptable.. But i just can't see where the goals are gonna come from unless there is a radical change to the selection and tactics.

I've always been realistic about this season and the previous talk of a play off challenge was always a bit of fantasy, i would be happy with a 14th place finish IF we seen the team develop and a style of play being attempted so we have something to build on next season.. Sadly I've seen nothing since October that indicates Bulut has a vision or goal for how he wants us to play.. E.g...

We don't press as a team.. Either presss as a team or don't.. But we press as individuals.. So we are not a pressing team

We are not cutting teams apart with slick passing.. Our passing is poor and negative. We don't dominate possession at all.

We are not absorbing pressure and hitting teams on the break (scored zero goals on the break)

We don't even play the long ball looking to hold up play and play off a big man... I dislike that style but at least it can be effective.

We don't play with wingers who get to the byline and cross or cute the ball back.. In fact we play with wide players on their weaker food who always have to bring the ball inside as they don't have the confidence to play on their weaker foot.

Point is... I am not seeing any progress or players improving.. Quite the opposite.

We can blame Tan for interfering, we can blame him for being disinterested, we can blame him for not backing bulut in the transfer window, but we can't blame him for bizarre tactics and the slow slow approach to games.

Saturday evening is gonna v

Spot On post get the manager out asap

And what about the people who keep hiring managers not fit for the job? Can't always be the managers fault, I maybe feel we would be In a much better position if he was given the players he was promised, instead of players nobody else wanted.