Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

This is why I Totally Respect Erol Bulut / Despite:

Mon Feb 19, 2024 7:10 am

And why I am not pushing like most to get rid of him / Despite Awful Results

His recent results say he should go, but I just love his honest , straight talking and was he backed for the players he really wanted? Simple NO

But Buluts football since October has become boring / dire and results awful.

But Bulut himself said we need a plan, future , I need backing, I have players lined up etc etc

If Bulut had got the players he really wanted,woukd it be different now?

This Twitter poster below Sums it up.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: This is why I Totally Respect Erol Bulut / Despite:

Mon Feb 19, 2024 7:54 am

Reply:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Feb 19, 2024 8:14 am

It's true Tan needs to go, but the players we have should still be performing better that 13 losses in 19 games and looking so sluggish, slow and unimaginative - we know they are better than that because we looked far batter in September and October.

But of course the two things can be true at the same time - Tan needs to go and Bulut isn't good enough.

We would have gone down on 49 points last season if reading hadn't gotten a 6 points deduction.

I struggle to see how, given the way we are playing, we are going to get 10 or 12 points out of the remaining games. But this week will answer that - no points out of the next two home games and I think we are in real trouble.

I would also be interested in why we spent 2 million on a player who is free in the summer and, despite some good quality, slows a slow team down further and didn't address the lack of goals, drive or pace in the team.. a bizarre and unnecessary signing - was he Buluts signing? Tans? a desperate attempt to appease fans?

We could have spent 2 million adding some goals and pace into the forward line and at at no. 10.

Since October we have been awful... Yes Tan needs to go, but Bulut also has to take responsibility

Mon Feb 19, 2024 8:24 am

AfricanBluebird wrote:It's true Tan needs to go, but the players we have should still be performing better that 13 losses in 19 games and looking so sluggish, slow and unimaginative - we know they are better than that because we looked far batter in September and October.

But of course the two things can be true at the same time - Tan needs to go and Bulut isn't good enough.

We would have gone down on 49 points last season if reading hadn't gotten a 6 points deduction.

I struggle to see how, given the way we are playing, we are going to get 10 or 12 points out of the remaining games. But this week will answer that - no points out of the next two home games and I think we are in real trouble.

I would also be interested in why we spent 2 million on a player who is free in the summer and, despite some good quality, slows a slow team down further and didn't address the lack of goals, drive or pace in the team.. a bizarre and unnecessary signing - was he Buluts signing? Tans? a desperate attempt to appease fans?

We could have spent 2 million adding some goals and pace into the forward line and at at no. 10.

Since October we have been awful... Yes Tan needs to go, but Bulut also has to take responsibility

I agree this Squad should be performing a lot lot better.
These two home games against mediocre teams we should get 2 Wins without a doubt.

We still need a prolific Striker.

These latest Signings were def not Buluts first choice.

These 2 games coming up could decide Buluts future.

But will we get a better manager under Tan???

Mon Feb 19, 2024 8:41 am

That's the issue, get rid of Bulut and who will come in and be allowed to manage effectivity.. No one really.

But Bulut isn't making a great case for himself either.

What a basket case Tan has made us.

Mon Feb 19, 2024 9:06 am

Last seasons championship was very poor, big clubs jettisoned as much cost as they could and the better ran clubs over achieved
I believe that last seasons team would have struggled to be mid table L1, but luckily there were worse than even us. Our best players were O’Dowda, Philogene and Sory, we have missed their talents
On old punter once told me a good jockey can’t make a bad horse win, but a bad jockey can make a good horse lose
I think Bulut is a good jockey on a poor horse and he is maximising the ability
We are good enough to beat the poor teams but can’t win against the better teams and this run of games has been tough

Mon Feb 19, 2024 9:36 am

Reply Twitter:

Mon Feb 19, 2024 9:37 am

AfricanBluebird wrote:That's the issue, get rid of Bulut and who will come in and be allowed to manage effectivity.. No one really.

But Bulut isn't making a great case for himself either.

What a basket case Tan has made us.

There is the argument both sides, Mark.

Mon Feb 19, 2024 9:40 am

Good points.

It's true that it's hard to judge Bulut because there isn't a level playing field, but he did get a tune out of this team in september and october.. With the team more dangerous, more creative, more solid and faster.

So whats hapened since then apart from the injury to Ramsey? Surely Bulut has to take the majority of blame for that.

As mentioned, the two games this week are absolutely critical.

Anything less than 4 points is unacceptable.. But i just can't see where the goals are gonna come from unless there is a radical change to the selection and tactics.

I've always been realistic about this season and the previous talk of a play off challenge was always a bit of fantasy, i would be happy with a 14th place finish IF we seen the team develop and a style of play being attempted so we have something to build on next season.. Sadly I've seen nothing since October that indicates Bulut has a vision or goal for how he wants us to play.. E.g...

We don't press as a team.. Either presss as a team or don't.. But we press as individuals.. So we are not a pressing team

We are not cutting teams apart with slick passing.. Our passing is poor and negative. We don't dominate possession at all.

We are not absorbing pressure and hitting teams on the break (scored zero goals on the break)

We don't even play the long ball looking to hold up play and play off a big man... I dislike that style but at least it can be effective.

We don't play with wingers who get to the byline and cross or cute the ball back.. In fact we play with wide players on their weaker food who always have to bring the ball inside as they don't have the confidence to play on their weaker foot.

Point is... I am not seeing any progress or players improving.. Quite the opposite.

We can blame Tan for interfering, we can blame him for being disinterested, we can blame him for not backing bulut in the transfer window, but we can't blame him for bizarre tactics and the slow slow approach to games.

Saturday evening is gonna v

Mon Feb 19, 2024 9:48 am

llan bluebird wrote:Last seasons championship was very poor, big clubs jettisoned as much cost as they could and the better ran clubs over achieved
I believe that last seasons team would have struggled to be mid table L1, but luckily there were worse than even us. Our best players were O’Dowda, Philogene and Sory, we have missed their talents
On old punter once told me a good jockey can’t make a bad horse win, but a bad jockey can make a good horse lose
I think Bulut is a good jockey on a poor horse and he is maximising the ability
We are good enough to beat the poor teams but can’t win against the better teams and this run of games has been tough

There is a massive gap between the Top 4 or 5 Clubs, but mediocre clubs have beaten them recently.

We are getting hammered by clubs that are equal to us.

Bulut has to beat Blackburn & Stole home, who 2 very mediocre teams.

Mon Feb 19, 2024 9:54 am

I totally agree with you Annis.

Best case scenario right now is if Bulut manages to turn it round over the next few games and we end the season strong and he gets another summer to build the squad with players he actually wants (rather than given).

It would be interesting to see what he could do in a summer window without a transfer embargo.

But without a decent striker in this squad I'm affraid its going to be tough for him to get results (as it would be even for any decent manager).

If he goes and Tan gets another yes man in it would be another 1 step forward, 2 steps backwards and I'm not sure I could cope anymore :banghead:

Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:02 am

Our club needs to change, but under Tans stewardship and stubborn unrealistic asking price it sadly and frustratingly won’t. I fear we have darker times ahead than what’s happening right now. Until Tan finally parts with us, the revolving door of cheap yes men appointments will continue.

Gutted to say but there is no case for Bulut for me. Like Warnock , I like him but not his football . Many many managers had frustrating January windows, he wasn’t alone. Yet he has done nothing with the players at his disposal, no sign of variety, creativity. Or different plans. And still not fixing obvious issues going back months and months. I’ve seen enough, I want the revolving door to stop, but not for Erol I’m sad and annoyed to say. If he is backed, I hope he proves me wrong. I can’t see it.

But Tan is the root cause. Always has since that red day.

Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:12 am

Forever Blue wrote:Reply Twitter:

I alluded to this in another post; Erol Bulut was not backed with his preferred choices and we had a confusing reason as to why...

What I can't understand is how after looking into it as a layman, we were still restricted by FFP when we've hardly spent on anything other that wages for three transfer windows...

The whole shape, scope and future direction needs to be laid out in an open and honest manner; something that has been broadly missing for 14 years... :cry:

Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:21 am

My reason for Bulut going is he is doing the same thing game after game, strange line ups dropping a player who had a good game previously etc

Cant believe how we were scoring goals, tight defence and high press to what we see now. That aint Tans fault

Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:29 am

Sven wrote:

I alluded to this in another post; Erol Bulut was not backed with his preferred choices and we had a confusing reason as to why...

What I can't understand is how after looking into it as a layman, we were still restricted by FFP when we've hardly spent on anything other that wages for three transfer windows...

The whole shape, scope and future direction needs to be laid out in an open and honest manner; something that has been broadly missing for 14 years... :cry:

Chris,

You did.

But I honestly do not believe we were stopped by FFP.

That was our ace card out with their Representative doing all their dirty work on behalf of them, I do not believe it at all.

Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:31 am

TaffEmbankment wrote:I totally agree with you Annis.

Best case scenario right now is if Bulut manages to turn it round over the next few games and we end the season strong and he gets another summer to build the squad with players he actually wants (rather than given).

It would be interesting to see what he could do in a summer window without a transfer embargo.

But without a decent striker in this squad I'm affraid its going to be tough for him to get results (as it would be even for any decent manager).

If he goes and Tan gets another yes man in it would be another 1 step forward, 2 steps backwards and I'm not sure I could cope anymore :banghead:

The root lies with the CCFC Regime.

But if Bulut earns the right to another season, then he has to be properly backed.

Not another manager and another season of fans saying as long as we stay up, that suits the Regime.

Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:32 am

tangledupinblue wrote:Our club needs to change, but under Tans stewardship and stubborn unrealistic asking price it sadly and frustratingly won’t. I fear we have darker times ahead than what’s happening right now. Until Tan finally parts with us, the revolving door of cheap yes men appointments will continue.

Gutted to say but there is no case for Bulut for me. Like Warnock , I like him but not his football . Many many managers had frustrating January windows, he wasn’t alone. Yet he has done nothing with the players at his disposal, no sign of variety, creativity. Or different plans. And still not fixing obvious issues going back months and months. I’ve seen enough, I want the revolving door to stop, but not for Erol I’m sad and annoyed to say. If he is backed, I hope he proves me wrong. I can’t see it.

But Tan is the root cause. Always has since that red day.

Tan and his Regime and his Representatives all need to be cleared out, A Real New Beginning.

Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:36 am

Logie wrote:My reason for Bulut going is he is doing the same thing game after game, strange line ups dropping a player who had a good game previously etc

Cant believe how we were scoring goals, tight defence and high press to what we see now. That aint Tans fault

You say that but it was only a couple of games ago that many on here declared "At last! An attacking line-up!" when he changed both shape and personnel after the new arrivals...

Clearly, they needed a few games to bed in but we should/need to start recovering results before the current toxicity bandwagon that a poor run inevitably but unhelpfully generates overflows...

Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:18 am

Bulut will probably walk or hope he is sacked as was mislead from the start .Was. Promisedmoney but got scraps and probably Noel’s thinks why bother

Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:27 am

And probably thinks to himself why bother

Mon Feb 19, 2024 2:19 pm

Sorry Annis, normally agree with a lot of your posts, but not this one.
Bulut must go. Simple as that.
He has problems literally all over the park.
Strikers not scoring.
Midfield too defensive with sideways and backwards passing.
Wingers afraid to take the man on and cross the ball, but cut inside every time.
A leaky defence, always prone to lapses of concentration.
Wing backs who who don’t get forward and are shit against pace.
A keeper who faffs and punches rather than catch.
The whole team doesn’t press when without the ball.
The whole team doesn’t move into space when with the ball!

All of the above especially the negativity are coaching issues. Good players don’t all of a sudden become bad. Even bloody Ugbo is scoring. And the complete tosh about Tan not supporting the team financially… I presume we’re still losing a million quid every month and outside of the relegated 3 we have one of the highest wage bills in the league. Bulut has been given funds.

Let’s also ignore the terrible substitutions (Ruben plays well then benched the next game and same goes for Siopis).
City are currently clueless with no attacking threat. Playing some of the worse football for years. Worse than bloody Slade. Can anyone really see if we stick with Bulut how all the above will miraculously change.
The walk out music should be changed to “things can only get better”.

We need a seasoned, experienced Championship manager. Preferably Cooper. If not we once again will be fighting relegation. I think he’s lost the dressing room. Didn’t want to shout at them?? What the hell is that all about!?! Makes my piss boil.
No passion. No fight. No f*cking idea! Teams like Wednesday and QPR are fighting. Why the f**k aren’t we?

Mon Feb 19, 2024 2:29 pm

He's a negative shocking manager...don't understand the love in

Mon Feb 19, 2024 3:01 pm

Sven wrote:

It's really easy when your spending 110-120 % of your total income on wages then there's no wiggle room ,

Mon Feb 19, 2024 3:02 pm

Ketteringblues wrote:Sorry Annis, normally agree with a lot of your posts, but not this one.
Strikers not scoring.
Wingers afraid to take the man on and cross the ball, but cut inside every time.

All of the above especially the negativity are coaching issues. Good players don’t all of a sudden become bad. Even bloody Ugbo is scoring. And the complete tosh about Tan not supporting the team financially… I presume we’re still losing a million quid every month and outside of the relegated 3 we have one of the highest wage bills in the league. Bulut has been given funds.

Let’s also ignore the terrible substitutions (Ruben plays well then benched the next game and same goes for Siopis).
City are currently clueless with no attacking threat. Playing some of the worse football for years. Worse than bloody Slade. Can anyone really see if we stick with Bulut how all the above will miraculously change.

We need a seasoned, experienced Championship manager. Preferably Cooper. If not we once again will be fighting relegation. I think he’s lost the dressing room. Didn’t want to shout at them?? What the hell is that all about!?! Makes my piss boil.
No passion. No fight. No f*cking idea! Teams like Wednesday and QPR are fighting. Why the f**k aren’t we?

Great Post,

Mon Feb 19, 2024 3:05 pm

Ketteringblues wrote:Sorry Annis, normally agree with a lot of your posts, but not this one.
Strikers not scoring.

My feelings exactly, great post

Mon Feb 19, 2024 3:09 pm

Strikers not scoring.

Thank you.

I totally agree Cardiff City need a seasoned experienced manager, but that’s my point this lot of Clowns running OUR CLUB, won’t get one and won’t back one.
So that’s the only reason I am still on the fence regarding Erol Bulut.

I agree about our defence, I agree about the substitutions, both awful.
The attack we have had problems for years regarding this, that’s because the Board won’t pay for one.

No fight has hurt me, as Bulut promised the opposite.

So yes Bulut is not good enough if we want to go forward, but will these Clowns get any better?

Mon Feb 19, 2024 4:37 pm

May I ask why NO ONE is having a go at the politician as according to reports on here HE had taken the reigns on transfer and football matters.
Too many too close to his every word methinks.
My solution.. Tan out, Dalman out and this shocking manager out then either a Knight on a white steed is going to ride in and save us LMFHAO
or we play Barry Town twice a year.

Mon Feb 19, 2024 4:59 pm

Easy to blame a manager who has made a crap side from last season get a bit of belief and playing alot better, its now worn out and the lack of quality is showing.

Let's not forget that bulut was promised players and he didn't get any of them, just look at the state of the striker we brought in ffs, the buck stops at the board, they hired a manager who has never managed in British football and plastered him with promises.

We all know how good this manager can play just look at the beginning of the season that don't just disappear over night for no reason. Him getting let down is one of the major reasons why form has slumped to an all time low i do question alot of his tactic approaches and subs of late but he wouldnt be in the championship if he got it right all the time i guess.

We go around in circles at this club its always the managers fault but not the guys who hire them in the first place ?
its always lets rebuild for next season but when does that ever end. we are a capital city club with endless potential we should be doing alot better.

We need to take action asap this summer big money needs to be spent and top 6 is a must no matter what.

Mon Feb 19, 2024 5:05 pm

So who's gonna buy us out then. Needs to be someone with more money than Tan. Don't see them queuing up.

Mon Feb 19, 2024 5:19 pm

eddie j wrote:So who's gonna buy us out then. Needs to be someone with more money than Tan. Don't see them queuing up.

there is always a buyer, west brom just sold for 60 mill to american owners im sure someone would buy us