Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Relegation battle on our hands?

Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:01 pm

Like it or not we are now in a relegation battle and I fear this is the season we will finally drop out of the championship.

If you look at last season and this seasons squads on paper this season has more quality but last seasons had a hell a lot more fight in it. This season our midfield is too nice no-one putting their foot in and making hard tackles. Our back 4 is all over the place and we can't score to save our lives.

I've been calling for Bulut to go since Christmas but now it's too late, whoever comes in now is not going to keep us up. It's time to wake up and smell the roses league one here we come.

Re: Relegation battle on our hands

Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:23 pm

No we are not and won't be. Qpr need to win 3 and us lose 3 and all other clubs between us to win games for us to drop in there. Not going to happen.

Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:05 pm

Can you really see us winning 3 more games this season and if so where,obviously not at home.

Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:09 pm

Can you really see us winning 3 more games this season and if so where,obviously not at home.

Sun Feb 18, 2024 7:52 pm

8 points above the relegation places,and we are in a relegation battle :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Feb 18, 2024 7:54 pm

We will win our next two games and it will save bulut .

Sun Feb 18, 2024 8:43 pm

Always makes me laugh these threads.

The teams below us are there because they have been worse. It's always implied that they're suddenly going to win 3 or 4 games on the bounce. Something they haven't done all season!!

We'll be ok.

Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:03 pm

At the moment we are not in a relegation battle but we need to play and behave like we now are. Next week is huge for Bulut and the club. We simply have to win or avoid defeat in our next two games. Lose them and we will be in a full relegation battle. Let's see where we are next Sunday

Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:16 pm

i feel we would need to loose atleast 5 on the bounce to be in a relegation fight, as crap as we are i dont see us failing to win atleast 2

Mon Feb 19, 2024 9:14 am

Cant see us beating Blackburn but Stoke we will

Mon Feb 19, 2024 9:31 am

wez1927 wrote:We will win our next two games and it will save bulut .

That's the spirit Wes.

Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:12 am

jimmy_rat wrote:Always makes me laugh these threads.

The teams below us are there because they have been worse. It's always implied that they're suddenly going to win 3 or 4 games on the bounce. Something they haven't done all season!!

We'll be ok.

We are only above the relgation trap door due to early season form. We are now in free fall and definitely in the relegation mix. We've been awful for months, it's hard to see where the next win is coming from

Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:26 am

Dazza,

I am usually with you on your posts, but if and if we don’t Win the next 2 home games Very Mediocre teams , I will fully bavk him being Sacked.

Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:27 am

That’s it Wez,

Plenty of positivity.

And if wr do then Bulut should stay till May.

Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:31 am

Yes of course we want to see some wins but we want to get the players performing better.
The latter might happen first but not translate into wins. It doesn’t necessarily mean Bulut then needs sacking. It was very frustrating watching on Saturday and there’s a glaring lack of confidence. That more than anything needs addressing.

Mon Feb 19, 2024 8:15 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

That’s it Wez,

Plenty of positivity.

And if wr do then Bulut should stay till May.

Agree , not sure about next sesson tho

Mon Feb 19, 2024 8:16 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Dazza,

I am usually with you on your posts, but if and if we don’t Win the next 2 home games Very Mediocre teams , I will fully bavk him being Sacked.

Agree too .