Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Could we sell out at home games regularly?

Sun Feb 18, 2024 2:54 pm

https://www.bcfc.com/news/all/blues-rev ... sunderland

Birmingham City have managed it using these initiatives… fan representatives should be all over this kind of stuff…….shouldn’t they ?

BIRMINGHAM CITY FC:

So, Birmingham City is rising to the challenge and, with everyone’s support, achieving something that has not been seen at St. Andrew’s @ Knighthead Park for nearly four years – a sell out.

Tony Mowbray, his staff, and the players would benefit from seeing and experiencing this feeling on Saturday 17 February, kick-off 3pm.

The Club have launched five initiatives to make this big game even bigger:

Category B

The game is now Category B, instead of Category A. This makes it more affordable and accessible, with tickets now starting at £30
Tickets can be purchased by clicking here.
'Celebrate Birmingham Industry Day’

Working with big local employers, the essential services, and local universities Blues have created partnership packages that enable them to offer their employees and students Blues tickets for the hosting of Sunderland at a reduced price
Each organisation will work directly with their employees to redeem subsidised tickets
Platinum and Gold

The Club are giving the ‘Gift of Blues’ to our Platinum and Gold Members who travel 1,000s of miles each season to cheer on the team
These fans can buy up to two tickets for family and friends at £10 for an adult and £3 for a child
To take advantage of this offer, our Platinum and Gold members need to contact the Ticket Office by calling 01217720101 (option 2) to purchase the discounted tickets
Tickets 4 Teams

Blues wants to bring young football-crazy kids back to St. Andrew’s @ Knighthead Park
Youth Team Managers/Coaches or Club Secretaries of local youth teams - boys and girls - can buy a Tickets 4 Teams package which covers three adults and 15 children for £90 at a Men’s game, starting with Sunderland and £20 for a Women’s game, starting with Southampton on Sunday 18th February, kick-off 2pm
They can apply for this scheme by calling 01217720101 (option 2) or by emailing matthew.syposz@bcfc.com
1,000 free tickets for children’s charities and schools

Working with charities and schools across Birmingham, the Club are making tickets available for those children who would not normally be able to come to a game
Now they can come, experience the sights and sounds, and become part of the Blues family for life
The Birmingham City Foundation is managing these tickets and will approach organisations to confirm their ticket allocation
Everyone is encouraged to get behind Tony Mowbray’s team and make the visit of Sunderland to St. Andrew’s @ Knighthead Park a day that lives long in the memory.

Keep Right On!

Re: Could we sell out at home games regularly?

Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:04 pm

Ideas that is fabs Joff have talked about for years.

But you need a proper CEO / Chairman / Fans Representatives etc all working as one and wanting to fill our stadium.
Remember Our CEO on fortunes is only part-time for us now as in London selling cars.

We have none.

Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:17 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Ideas that is fabs Joff have talked about for years.

But you need a proper CEO / Chairman / Fans Representatives etc all working as one and wanting to fill our stadium.
Remember Our CEO on fortunes is only part-time for us now as in London selling cars.

We have none.

My point is, these initiatives are so important and should be implemented regularly and be a priority in the regular public discussions.

Financial aspects , transfer kitties, and the like are not of interest to the fans these initiatives should be targeting, and like you said they are discussed over and over again with attendance nerds like me and you.

Sun Feb 18, 2024 7:42 pm

Our tickets are some of the cheapest in the championship let's face it apart from us die hards , south wales fans are a bit of a fickle bunch , will only turn up if we are winning .not sure how many clubs put bands on in there stadium for fans either , maybe the fan park idea would be a good thing ? .

Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:03 pm

Anything is possible with innovation. Start with a decent pint, that's my priority 1!

Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:10 pm

All good initiatives and should be a constant exercise. To be fair, we've tried most of the above over the years, the Foundation did some excellent work in getting parks clubs and schools free or discounted tickets, I'm not sure where we are today with those drives though. it's curious why our average attendance has risen more than to be expected considering we've had an awful few years, could this be a result of those past initiatives and some have stayed?

TBH, consistent full capacity is only achievable when we are serving up something decent on the pitch or challenging for and achieving PL. Sustainable PL success for 7 years would achieve current capacity and more, the other initiatives are important but only a small part.

Unfortunately, we won't get the former whilst Tan and co are in charge, at least whilst they run the football side of things anyway, which is what will ultimately increase the fan base. Leopards and spots.

Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:32 pm

We could increase crowds no doubt but sell outs I think the grounds to big for us. Last time we were the prem I think we only had over 32,000 5 or 6 times and against Arsenal Man Utd and Liverpool there were definitely a few of there fans in our end. There was plenty of empty seats against the likes of Fulham Wolves Southampton Huddersfield and Watford. I think the crowd announced against Fulham was under 30,00

Mon Feb 19, 2024 6:58 am

Mr Ducie wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Ideas that is fabs Joff have talked about for years.

We have none.

My point is, these initiatives are so important and should be implemented regularly and be a priority in the regular public discussions.

Financial aspects , transfer kitties, and the like are not of interest to the fans these initiatives should be targeting, and like you said they are discussed over and over again with attendance nerds like me and you.

Joff,

They are great initiatives but this board and its staff don’t seem to care or have not got it in them to do simple things like this and we have not got Fan representatives who will tell them this.

Mon Feb 19, 2024 7:20 am

Im sure I saw somewhere that there was a limit on how often you could offer cheap tickets?!

Probably made that up though or read on here anyway.

Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:34 am

Football ticket prices should be cheaper all around but ours are relatively cheap, so i applaud the club on that one issue.

Mon Feb 19, 2024 2:54 pm

Cardiff_CPT wrote:Football ticket prices should be cheaper all around but ours are relatively cheap, so i applaud the club on that one issue.

The prices are extremely reasonable and that is to be applauded, however , we are in a unique position ( as are Swansea) whereby the transport system in very much behind the curve and makes night games neigh on impossible for many of our fans to get home after games.

These are the games where the initiative schemes should be implemented more often than not especially with people within Cardiff City itself which are hardly considered loyal compared to fans who reside outside the area.

The club is up against many problems that are beyond their control, such as the transportation system, and the fact that many games are on the red button , but I suppose it’s a start and to be successful things should not be allowed to stand still regardless.

Season tickets should be free to kids under a certain age as they are the most valuable asset of our core support.

The cashless system doesn’t work for me either and that could be looked at.

Mon Feb 19, 2024 3:31 pm

Mr Ducie wrote:
Cardiff_CPT wrote:Football ticket prices should be cheaper all around but ours are relatively cheap, so i applaud the club on that one issue.

The prices are extremely reasonable and that is to be applauded, however , we are in a unique position ( as are Swansea) whereby the transport system in very much behind the curve and makes night games neigh on impossible for many of our fans to get home after games.

These are the games where the initiative schemes should be implemented more often than not especially with people within Cardiff City itself which are hardly considered loyal compared to fans who reside outside the area.

The club is up against many problems that are beyond their control, such as the transportation system, and the fact that many games are on the red button , but I suppose it’s a start and to be successful things should not be allowed to stand still regardless.

Season tickets should be free to kids under a certain age as they are the most valuable asset of our core support.

The cashless system doesn’t work for me either and that could be looked at.

49 pound with a paying adult a kids season ticket aint it ? I think that's cheap

Mon Feb 19, 2024 4:09 pm

Sort free tickets to schools.
This is the way to attract new fans and increase sales in club shop, food outlets etc.
you never know, they may want to come back again.

Mon Feb 19, 2024 4:14 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:Sort free tickets to schools.
This is the way to attract new fans and increase sales in club shop, food outlets etc.

The Red Stand Should be FREE Tickets sent to Schools every home game

Mon Feb 19, 2024 4:16 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:Sort free tickets to schools.

The Red Stand Should be FREE Tickets sent to Schools every home game

Exactly, Annis.
The club are missing out on a trick here.
They’re empty do put ‘bums on seats’.
Can’t see any reason why they can’t do this.