Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Our fan base is toxic

Sun Feb 18, 2024 2:22 pm

I used to be proud of our fans , vocal, passionate , loyal… what happened … social media has to be most of the blame.

Nowadays seems our fans can’t wait to moan and turn on club manager and players at first opportunity.

Guess it’s modern day football… however. we are no longer a club that opposition teams to play in front of as a fan base.

Re: Our fan base is toxic

Sun Feb 18, 2024 2:59 pm

IT all started with the riddler then dictator tan, over the years people has lost the love they once had, and when things go wrong people voice there anger more than usual.

we need a fresh start at this club, new owners new direction start again, lets face it things will probably get worse as the decline is there for all to see.

i want to go to a match and feel that buzz that was once there, but the stadium is flat there is a better buzz away from home, sad to think really in the old lady people hated playing us now, now in the new stadium we are just an easy 3 points :banghead:

Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:03 pm

Nothing wrong with our fanbase except for those who can't wait to slag them out.

I suggest that type go with them to the away games and see how our fan base get behind the team.

Awesome fanbase we are.

Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:12 pm

Our fanbase is actually fantastic, it’s destroyed by the Regime at Cardiff City:

14 years of it and the fans have had enough.

False promises / lies / shit football etc etc etc

Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:33 pm

We’ve had so many managers since Tans been in charge surely somebody needs to tell him he’s the problem. Only 2 managers were backed with a 3 year or so reign, 1 was backed financially and one was given time with his wheelings and dealings, both securing Premier League football.

This is what we need.

Yes we’re all pissed off with results and the blame there lies with Bulut and the squad, but does it really fall on them when Bulut has had his hands tied due to the boards poor running of the club which resulted in cut backs and transfer bans!!

Bulut inherited a weak squad of freebies and a little experience. The fact that over the years the cutbacks Tan has enforced have been gearing us up to League 1 with each manager forced to cut back even more from the previous manager. In the process relying on loans and free transfers.

Us fans have had to accept this and whenever fans have voiced opinions inside the stadium they are removed and given a 5 match ban. The toxicity you refer too has been built up over the past decade or so and stems from the red change. As a fan base we haven’t got over that. Yeah Tan came good but that was mummy’s doing. He would have been better off buying Wrexham

Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:11 pm

Whenever people disagree with what some fans are saying, they always say our fanbase is toxic.

We have a great fanbase which is passionate about the club.

Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:27 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Our fanbase is actually fantastic, it’s destroyed by the Regime at Cardiff City:

That bullshit annis , our fans have protested against most owners in my life time of supporting city nothings is differnt other than social media ,

Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:32 pm

Our fanbase is the best in the country.im surprised there still some much support and passion for around for the club in South Wales.so many people want the club to push on and be successful but history shows we fall flat on our arses time after time. .I'm no fan of tan and go but when they go they will just join a very long list of owners who have failed to take the club forward.

Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:36 pm

I'm usually positive but the toxicity is from the board.

The fans have had enough

Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:47 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Our fanbase is actually fantastic, it’s destroyed by the Regime at Cardiff City:

That bullshit annis , our fans have protested against most owners in my life time of supporting city nothings is differnt other than social media ,

That’s because they love their club and are passionate.

I have led demonstrates against Clemo, Kumar Brothers, The Riddler and Tan ( Rebrand) and rightly so.

We have for 50 plus years starved of real success that we deserve

Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:48 pm

skiprat wrote:Our fanbase is the best in the country.im surprised there still some much support and passion for around for the club in South Wales.so many people want the club to push on and be successful but history shows we fall flat on our arses time after time. .I'm no fan of tan and go but when they go they will just join a very long list of owners who have failed to take the club forward.

Mike,

You speak sense.

Tans followers don’t like the truth

Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:49 pm

Roath_Blue wrote:I'm usually positive but the toxicity is from the board.

The fans have had enough

Exactly,

Watch out Tan fan won’t like this post.

Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:50 pm

snoopystorm wrote:We’ve had so many managers since Tans been in charge surely somebody needs to tell him he’s the problem. Only 2 managers were backed with a 3 year or so reign, 1 was backed financially and one was given time with his wheelings and dealings, both securing Premier League football.

This is what we need.

Yes we’re all pissed off with results and the blame there lies with Bulut and the squad, but does it really fall on them when Bulut has had his hands tied due to the boards poor running of the club which resulted in cut backs and transfer bans!!

Bulut inherited a weak squad of freebies and a little experience. The fact that over the years the cutbacks Tan has enforced have been gearing us up to League 1 with each manager forced to cut back even more from the previous manager. In the process relying on loans and free transfers.

Us fans have had to accept this and whenever fans have voiced opinions inside the stadium they are removed and given a 5 match ban. The toxicity you refer too has been built up over the past decade or so and stems from the red change. As a fan base we haven’t got over that. Yeah Tan came good but that was mummy’s doing. He would have been better off buying Wrexham

Wez, answer this.

Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:54 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

I have led demonstrates against Clemo, Kumar Brothers, The Riddler and Tan ( Rebrand) and rightly so.

Yes I know that's my point , nothing is differnt currently at all , your never happy :lol: the only way you will be happy is if you owned the club then we can protest against you . :lol:

Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:58 pm

For me, this goes back to the rebrand again. Split the fanbase in two and showed me the true colours of a lot of our fans who I’ll never forgive.

Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:59 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Yes I know that's my point , nothing is differnt currently at all , your never happy :lol: the only way you will be happy is if you owned the club then we can protest against you . :lol:

If Annis owned the club he would give me Wayne Nash's job.

Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:01 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Without a doubt Ian,

Wez might agree on this

Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:01 pm

Underhill1927 wrote:For me, this goes back to the rebrand again. Split the fanbase in two and showed me the true colours of a lot of our fans who I’ll never forgive.

Once again Simon, Spot on.

Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:02 pm

Underhill1927 wrote:For me, this goes back to the rebrand again. Split the fanbase in two and showed me the true colours of a lot of our fans who I’ll never forgive.

Not sure that's true mate , there's always been infighting , sams , ridler days etc especially after the selling of kav with sam , it's same old arguments reinvented under each owner .it will always be the same , the difference is now is there's much more social media to moan on .

Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:02 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Without a doubt Ian,

Wez might agree on this

Get Nash out ! :lol:

Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:19 pm

wez1927 wrote:

Not sure that's true mate , there's always been infighting , sams , ridler days etc especially after the selling of kav with sam , it's same old arguments reinvented under each owner .it will always be the same , the difference is now is there's much more social media to moan on .

The rebrand was a lot more emotive than all that mate. We don’t mention the previous rifts, we’re still divided when it comes to the rebrand 14 years later.

Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:35 pm

Our fan base is amazing when we do well toxic when we're shit.
I've seen Cardiff fighting Cardiff over supporting Andy Legg when he first signed. Booing ever touch Andy Jordan took when beating Exeter 6-1. Creating one of the best and most hostile atmospheres against Leeds in 2002 then 6 weeks later less than 8000 being there on a Tuesday v Bury.
Selling out the mellinum but a few weeks before coppers and stewards protecting Lenny Lawrence during the game. There were quite a lot of protests against Tan in the first game against Huddersfield when we got promoted v Charlton most of the ground clapped him. When we went up under Warnock we played Barnsley in march just over 16000 there 2 months later Canton was bouncing 9 in the morning. This year the atmosphere against the jacks and Wurzels was great but direr v Preston.

Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:41 pm

Pencoed wrote:Our fan base is amazing when we do well toxic when we're shit.
I've seen Cardiff fighting Cardiff over supporting Andy Legg when he first signed. Booing ever touch Andy Jordan took when beating Exeter 6-1. Creating one of the best and most hostile atmospheres against Leeds in 2002 then 6 weeks later less than 8000 being there on a Tuesday v Bury.
Selling out the mellinum but a few weeks before coppers and stewards protecting Lenny Lawrence during the game. There were quite a lot of protests against Tan in the first game against Huddersfield when we got promoted v Charlton most of the ground clapped him. When we went up under Warnock we played Barnsley in march just over 16000 there 2 months later Canton was bouncing 9 in the morning. This year the atmosphere against the jacks and Wurzels was great but direr v Preston.

Bang on I don't think it's any more toxic than at any other time tbh , you just hear about it more coz of social media

Sun Feb 18, 2024 6:02 pm

wez1927 wrote:

The rebrand was a lot more emotive than all that mate. We don’t mention the previous rifts, we’re still divided when it comes to the rebrand 14 years later.

Sun Feb 18, 2024 6:35 pm

The rebrand was awful but we have moved on from the rebrand, we can no longer blame the rebrand for our performances

The board we can blame 100%

Sun Feb 18, 2024 6:48 pm

I was most happiest as an City supporter under Sam’s era morphing into Dave Jones management. Yes Sam made mistakes but far less than Tan. Basically ran out of cash it seemed. We were close to the edge, but It was never dull. Fun, Entertaining , we were all together and we had good fluid attacking football too.

Dave Jones gave us Koumas, Bellamy, Whitts, Kev, Chopra, Bothroyd a cup final and good to watch football etc but also made mistakes. But again no more than those after him.

The problem is solely with Tan. Who is the opposite of all the above. Yes. A carling Final and 2 promotions. But the despicable rebrand, the red seats, the wiggly worm, the loss of fans, his lack of ability to let go of the Murphy, Cornelius transfers, alleged interference on the phone with tactics and asking goalies to shoot, the horrendous revolving door of poor managers signed off by him. His biggest error though. Not having a football man by his side , a trusted experienced advisor making football decisions. Maybe this succession of awful appointments might have been very different if he had someone making the big calls.

We are stuck with this. that's the upsetting thing. He feels burned by the wasted transfers (signed off by him) of his money , the awful Sala tragedy, and so won’t provide a decent transfer kitty to have another go, wants frees and loans instead, cheap managers, and therefore will keep us in limbo as a mid to lower championship club with this mindset, until, in his dreams somebody that isn’t Sam will come along with the unrealistic buying price he has in his head. There is nobody who will pay it.

So the revolving door of poor managers will keep on revolving. I do hope he proves me wrong. I can’t see it at all

Bulut is not up to this, we keep him on , we really are risking getting sucked into a relegation scrap. Again I hope to be proved wrong if is given more time. Again, I can’t see it all.

I will be loud and proud on Tuesday nonetheless

Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:10 pm

wez1927 wrote:

How many other than the rebrand made ling term fans walk away from the club? It has had the biggest impact I've ever seen at our club regards to fan division. Got to be top 10 most pathetic decisions in football history!

Rnadom clubs in Scandinavia were against is and had protest banners.

Did't notice anything like that for Risdale/Sam/Koumar etc etc

Mon Feb 19, 2024 8:50 am

SB 1927 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

How many other than the rebrand made ling term fans walk away from the club? It has had the biggest impact I've ever seen at our club regards to fan division. Got to be top 10 most pathetic decisions in football history!

Ridsdale and the ST scandal.

Mon Feb 19, 2024 1:46 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
SB 1927 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Ridsdale and the ST scandal.

Sam and black Monday too , there's always been problems and that's my point , some people walk away from the club over various issues. I still get people saying about toshack being sold :lol:

Tue Feb 20, 2024 7:18 pm

It very much is.

Tan gave us a huge excuse to become toxic though.