Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

What will the result be of Cardiff City v Blackburn Rovers?

Poll ended at Tue Feb 20, 2024 8:00 pm

Cardiff City win (7/5)
37%
Blackburn Rovers win (15/8)
44%
Draw (23/10)
19%

Total votes : 27

MATCH THREA “ CARDIFF CITY v BLACKBURN ROVERS “ MATCH THREAD

Sat Feb 17, 2024 8:00 pm

CARDIFF CITY v BLACKBURN ROVERS
Tuesday 20th February, 7.45pm
Sky Bet Championship
Cardiff City Stadium

Cardiff City: Horvath; Romeo, Goutas, Phillips, Collins; Siopis, Wintle; Bowler, Colwill, Grant; Etete.

Subs: Turner, Ralls, Turnbull, Sawyers, Diedhiou, Wilson-Esbrand, Tanner, Ng, Ashford.

PAY ON THE NIGHT FOR CARDIFF FANS

TEAM NEWS:

Updated: Ramsey injury

Ramsey 1-2 weeks now out with a calf strain, that could be even more time before Ramsey actually starts for us.

Erol Bulut on Aaron Ramsey injury:

“For Tuesday, Aaron, it will be difficult. I think it will be a short time, around one week or so.”

"For Tuesday, I think it will be difficult," Bulut said of Ramsey. "He got injured, he has a strain on his calf.”

“Also Perry Ng was injured on his hips. That's why they didn't play."

Erol Bulut:

Aaron Ramsey hopefully back on another week.

Striker Meite out injured

“Macca will be out for 8 weeks”

“Callum Robinson had a virus and is getting back to full training .”

“O’Dowda had his first training session last week, we hope to have him back playing in March.”

“We have a near full and fit squad.”

Alnswick seems to be ok now

The Opposition's Manager

John Eustace was appointed Blackburn manager earlier this month.

He was previously in charge of Birmingham, before being harshly sacked.

Opposition Dangerous Players

Sammie Szmodics is the obvious danger with 18 league goals this season.

Head To Head 

We have already played Blackburn twice this season. We lost both of those games at Ewood Park.

We have only won one of the last five meetings.

Team News - Predicted Line-Ups

Cardiff City: Horvath, Romeo, Goutas, Phillips, Collins, Siopis, Ralls, Colwill, Wilson-Esbrand, Grant, Diedhiou

Blackburn Rovers: Pears, Brittain, Hyam, McFadzean, Wharton, Hedges, Fleck, Tronstad, Dolan, Szmodics, Gallagher

Last Game

We were thrashed at Norwich on Saturday.

On the same day, Blackburn drew at Preston.

Match Odds

Cardiff City - 7/5
Blackburn Rovers - 15/8
Draw - 23/10

Predictions

Post your predictions below  :thumbright:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: LATEST NEWS “ CARDIFF CITY v BLACKBURN ROVERS “ MATCH TH

Sat Feb 17, 2024 8:08 pm

This is a must win for the BLUEBIRDS roll your sleeves up get on the front foot from the start give the FANS WHAT THEY DESERVE A WIN

Re: LATEST NEWS “ CARDIFF CITY v BLACKBURN ROVERS “ MATCH TH

Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:08 am

Erol Bulut:

“We need our players on Tuesday [at home against Blackburn]. We need to be positive. I cannot shout at them and bring them more down after losing 4-1, so I need to keep their morale up.
“I think in my career I never lost so many games in a row, so I have to adapt to that as well.
"I don’t like losing and my players don’t like losing. We have to give the fans something back.”
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: TEAM NEWS “ CARDIFF CITY v BLACKBURN ROVERS “ MATCH THRE

Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:13 am

PAY ON THE NIGHT FOR CARDIFF FANS

Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:15 am

Erol Bulut:

Aaron Ramsey hopefully over his knock, but at least a week or so.”

Striker Meite out injured

“Macca will be out for 8 weeks”

“Callum Robinson had a virus and is getting back to full training .”

“O’Dowda had his first training session last week, we hope to have him back playing in March.”

“We have a near full and fit squad.”

Alnswick seems to be ok now

NG is 50-50

Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:17 am

6th Jan FA CUP 3rd Sheffield Wednesday 4 Cardiff City 0 Crowd 10,955 Away Support (411)

13/01/2024 Cardiff City 0 Leeds United 3 Crowd 25,991 Away Support 3,236

20/01/2024 Plymouth Argyle 3 Cardiff City 1 Crowd 16,471 Away Support 1,733

03/02/2024 Watford 0 Cardiff City 1 Crowd 19,734 Away Support 2,104

10/02/2024 Cardiff City 0 Preston 2 Crowd 18,763. Away Support 562

13/02/2024 West Bromwich Albion 2 Cardiff City 0 Crowd 23,541 Away Support 1,629

17/02/2024 Norwich City 4 Cardiff City 1 Crowd Away Support 372

20/02/2024 19:45 Cardiff City v Cardiff City Crowd Away Support

24/02/2024 15:00 Cardiff City v Stoke City Crowd Away Support

02/03/2024 12:30pm Bristol City v Cardiff City Crowd Away Support
06/03/2024 19:45 Huddersfield Town (h)

Live on Sky 09/03/2024 12:30pm Ipswich Town (h)

Live on Sky tv: 16/03/2024 12:30pm Swansea City (a)
29/03/2024 15:00 Sunderland (h)

Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:25 am

Erol Bulut has Won 4 of his last 16 League and Cup games and just Won 1 in City’s last 7 games (6 defeats).

Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:30 am

Cardiff are still propped up by their form from August and September. After 10 games, they were 7th.

If you look at the following 22, they’ve only dropped seven places in the table, but if you look at the form table during that period, from October until now, they would be 22nd

Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:40 am

This has to stop.

But I really don’t know what to do about Erol Bulut?

If we Sack him now, once again we will be saying re-build, give the manager a season to get adjusted etc

I personally believe we have a better Squad than we have for the last 2-3 seasons.

Surely a Win away at Blackburn and at Home to Stoke, both very very ordinary teams.

Then decide after these two games, win keep him till at least end of season, lose both Sack him.

But will Tan / Dalman get better?

Sun Feb 18, 2024 8:04 am

Erol Bulut on Aaron Ramsey injury:

“For Tuesday, Aaron, it will be difficult. I think it will be a short time, around one week or so.”

Sun Feb 18, 2024 8:34 am

Erol Bulut:

"For Tuesday, I think it will be difficult," Bulut said of Ramsey. "He got injured, he has a strain on his calf.”

“Also Perry Ng was injured on his hips. That's why they didn't play."

Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:35 am

Without a doubt Bulut needs a home win here v A Very ordinary Blackburn side.

Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:31 pm

I'm glad to see John Eustace back in management at Blackburn because I felt he was harshly treated by Birmingham although he must be laughing his head off about what has happened to the Birmingham now.

At the moment I just feel anyone can beat us and as its a home game then that makes it a lot worse. So I'm going for an early Blackburn goal then them to close up shop.

Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:18 pm

We may scrape a draw if Blackburn don't score.

Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:38 pm

Plymuff Bloobird wrote:We may scrape a draw if Blackburn don't score.

Can’t see us being able to stop Szmodics.

Sun Feb 18, 2024 11:41 pm

John Fleck looks likely to miss the trip to Cardiff City on Tuesday night after suffering a calf injury against Preston North End on Saturday.

The Scot was in for a Rovers debut in place of Joe Rankin-Costello, who missed out on the clash due to a knee injury picked up at Birmingham City in midweek.

For Fleck, game number one in Rovers colours lasted just 16 minutes, with the 32-year-old dropping to the turf in the home box after a short corner kick routine and being replaced by Jake Garrett.

And John Eustace has his fingers crossed that Fleck’s calf injury isn’t as bad as first feared, although it looks doubtful that the experienced midfielder won’t be on the coach to Wales on Tuesday.

“We’ll assess that tomorrow,” Eustace said to RoversTV following the draw.“I think he took quite a bad kick to the calf.

“John’s come in with huge experience and I’m a big admirer of his work from Sheffield United over the years.

“He’s a top, top player and I thought today’s game, a local derby, was one that he could get through with his adrenaline and experience.

“The way he started, that was very evident, so we’re disappointed for him.”

Mon Feb 19, 2024 8:14 am

I'm going for an against-the-grain, comfortable home win. 2-0. Colwill to score and assists.

Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:25 am

Ramsey 1-2 weeks now out with a calf strain, that could be even more time before Ramsey actually starts for us.

Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:17 pm

Eustace provides injury updates on Blackburn midfielders -

Blackburn Rovers will be without John Fleck and Joe Rankin-Costello for their trip to Cardiff City and the next few weeks.

John Eustace's options are light in midfield with the pair both ruled out for the visit to South Wales. Rankin-Costello was forced off at Birmingham City with a knee injury and went for a scan last week.

He now faces three to four weeks out after the club received the results. Fleck meanwhile suffered a similar fate at Deepdale, with a shin injury ruling him out for a couple of weeks.

That leaves Rovers short of options in the centre of midfield. Yasin Ayari and Jake Garrett are both competing to start the match alongside Sondre Tronstad in the centre of midfield.

John Buckley was set to play for the Under-21s at Derby County on Monday evening but after Fleck's injury, he will instead travel with the first-team squad to Cardiff.

Tue Feb 20, 2024 7:16 am

Cardiff City v Blackburn

Latest Match Odds:

Cardiff City - 7/6
Blackburn Rovers - 16/8
Draw - 23/10

Re: MATCH THREA “ CARDIFF CITY v BLACKBURN ROVERS “ MATCH TH

Tue Feb 20, 2024 7:15 pm

Cardiff City: Horvath; Romeo, Goutas, Phillips, Collins; Siopis, Wintle; Bowler, Colwill, Grant; Etete.

Subs: Turner, Ralls, Turnbull, Sawyers, Diedhiou, Wilson-Esbrand, Tanner, Ng, Ashford.

Tue Feb 20, 2024 7:43 pm

Stadium looks pretty empty, telling.

Tue Feb 20, 2024 7:50 pm

Liles93 wrote:Stadium looks pretty empty, telling.

Are you here (in the stadium)...? :?

Tue Feb 20, 2024 7:53 pm

Rovers attempt a ball down the line, Phillips does a decent job at shielding it out

Tue Feb 20, 2024 7:55 pm

So far so good and the Bluebirds in attack mode without threatening the Blackburn goal...

The home support maybe venting their frustrations of the last few games with chants of "Get on with it, shoooot!" at every opportunity...

LATEST SCORE: CARDIFF CITY 0 - 0 BLACKBURN ROVERS (9 mins)

Tue Feb 20, 2024 7:58 pm

Half a chance there from Cardiff and Wintle goes to swing for a shot on the edge of the box, but a Rovers foot pokes it away

Tue Feb 20, 2024 7:59 pm

First 12 mins all Cardiff

Tue Feb 20, 2024 8:00 pm

Wintle's corner finds Goutas, who gets his timing wrong on the jump and Pears gathers the header.

So far so good, nice to see the boys looking forward rather than back for once

A period of good play from the Bluebirds sees a cirner given but it comes to nothing...

Looking around, the crowd isn't great; but it's not the worst I've seen on a cold Tuesday night either...

A good move sees Etete head across the goal...

LATEST SCORE: CARDIFF CITY 0 - 0 BLACKBURN ROVERS (14 mins)