Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Is it time to sack Bulut?

You may select 1 option

View results

Re: “ POLL: IS IT TIME TO SACK BULUT? “

Sat Feb 17, 2024 11:18 pm

Nope.

It’s time to give a manager some serious investment.

This is a Leage One side that has the odd Championship player. We are nowhere near play-off quality.

Re: “ POLL: IS IT TIME TO it SACK BULUT? “

Sat Feb 17, 2024 11:21 pm

I personally think it's a case of careful what you wish for here.
We have a history of managers that come in and turn things around for x-amount of games then it all goes pair shaped.
We also have a history of the board mainly Tan not backing the manager and expecting them to do it on a shoe string budget of freebies and loan signings.
Managers get let down.
Fans get let down.
But out of all of the make shift managers of late.
Bulut at least has a history of winning something.
But as all the above states he is up against the same problems as those before him.
History is repeating itself.
On here ATM on the pitch and on the board.
Maybe Erol is the problem or you lot slating him or the one we all know is the lack of support from Tan.
Get rid of Bulut and the problem is still there.
I think he grinds down all those that step into the place personally.
And maybe this is why sh*t keeps happening on the pitch
But your call everyone.
Personally I say give him funds.
Let him sign who he wants and give him a contact.
But he will get neither.
As Tan let's the whole thing keep going around in circles.

Sat Feb 17, 2024 11:37 pm

Why can’t he see the tactics, team selection just aren’t working.
I don’t know what his man-management is like but some of these players need a boot up the arse.
They are as much to blame, they just seem apathetic, work-hard and show us fans a bit of passion and pride to wear the shirt.

Sat Feb 17, 2024 11:38 pm

End of season. Get rid.

The team is showing zero. You get a contract based on merit in my opinion.

No point now.

Who can follow? God knows. At least this appointment was more ambitious than the previous. It just isnt working.

Dave Jones mastered this league, with this level of resource. A wheeler dealer who recruited loonatics and misfits (characters) and managed them. That is our blueprint. Just get on with the job!

Sun Feb 18, 2024 1:30 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:
Sven wrote:
Bluebird 67 wrote:What Svem weeks ago he wasthe best thing since sliced bread changing your mind or on the fence?

First of all, get it right and readable... :roll:

Secondly, I have backed Erol Bukut from day one and continue to do so, even in tbe face of a poor run and with posters like you deciding any given manager's fate depends solely on a result or run of results...

Want to have a 'pop' at me...? Fair enough, I've fended off far better than you, but at least keep it real...! :oops:

As for this thread? I simply said there weren't enough options and it seems others agree...! :ayatollah:

Chris, I don’t agree at all that there should be more options.

The options I gave were:

- Sack him now
- Replace him at the end of the season
- Offer a new contract

He has been at the club for over six months now and his contract is due to expire in just a few more months.

We are clearly not going to be in the top six. We could still be in a relegation battle but are unlikely to go down in all honesty.

So the decision on whether they want to give him a new contract should be made by now. If they are still not sure whether to offer a contract or not, that sums up the fact that they don’t know how to run a football club.

So I don’t think something along the lines of “see how the rest of the season goes” is a reasonable option.

We have 14 games left. If he won 5/6 of those hypothetically (which I don’t see happening), does that mean we should disregard these last six games and offer him a new contract? I don’t think so.

Being honest, we know the standard of football has been awful for months now.

The majority of the season is gone. I would like to think they’d judge him on that instead of the small proportion of the season that is left.

What they want to do at the end of this season should already be decided, based on all the above.

I stand by what I said, that he should go. It is very difficult to see him turning this around.

So this guy Bulut inherits a relegated Squad, and in the space of 6 months and two team rebuilds on scraps, he’s supposed to launch a promotion challenge.

I know some of our fans take drugs. I just didn’t realise the extent of it.

Sun Feb 18, 2024 1:40 am

rumpo kid wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
Sven wrote:
Bluebird 67 wrote:What Svem weeks ago he wasthe best thing since sliced bread changing your mind or on the fence?

Secondly, I have backed Erol Bukut from day one and continue to do so, even in tbe face of a poor run and with posters like you deciding any given manager's fate depends solely on a result or run of results...

Want to have a 'pop' at me...? Fair enough, I've fended off far better than you, but at least keep it real...! :oops:

As for this thread? I simply said there weren't enough options and it seems others agree...! :ayatollah:

The options I gave were:

- Sack him now
- Offer a new contract

He has been at the club for over six months now and his contract is due to expire in just a few more months.

We are clearly not going to be in the top six. We could still be in a relegation battle but are unlikely to go down in all honesty.

So the decision on whether they want to give him a new contract should be made by now. If they are still not sure whether to offer a contract or not, that sums up the fact that they don’t know how to run a football club.

So I don’t think something along the lines of “see how the rest of the season goes” is a reasonable option.

We have 14 games left. If he won 5/6 of those hypothetically (which I don’t see happening), does that mean we should disregard these last six games and offer him a new contract? I don’t think so.

The majority of the season is gone. I would like to think they’d judge him on that instead of the small proportion of the season that is left.

What they want to do at the end of this season should already be decided, based on all the above.

I stand by what I said, that he should go. It is very difficult to see him turning this around.

So this guy Bulut inherits a relegated Squad, and in the space of 6 months and two team rebuilds on scraps, he’s supposed to launch a promotion challenge.

Where in that post did I say I expected a promotion challenge? In fact, I’ve always said a mid table finish would be an improvement on last season.

What isn’t an improvement is the football we are watching, it’s actually worse. It’s so boring to watch.

At least under Lamouchi we got the ball into the striker.

That’s why people now want Bulut gone. We can accept defeats if we’re playing the right way but we aren’t.

Sun Feb 18, 2024 7:18 am

FB:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Feb 18, 2024 8:14 am

Forever Blue wrote:I believe we have a Top 10 squad

Good Morning, I say some things after a beer or two, wrapped up in negative emotion on a Saturday evening then re-read the thread the next morning and think i didn't mean that.

So just checking, you think Tan and Dalamn have given the manager a top 10 squad ?

I don't, I think the squad is bottom quartile and we are hoping for three teams to be worse than us.

Who am i missing on my list that makes you think Tan has given the manager a top 10 squad?

NG,Goutas, Siopis,O'Dowda, Robinson, Grant maybe Colwill

I haven't included 60 mins Ralls or Rambo

That is not enough, we came 12th 2016~2017, have a look at the championship quality in the squad

posting.php?mode=quote&f=2&p=2435158

Sun Feb 18, 2024 8:22 am

llan bluebird wrote:

Good Morning, I say some things after a beer or two, wrapped up in negative emotion on a Saturday evening then re-read the thread the next morning and think i didn't mean that.

So just checking, you think Tan and Dalamn have given the manager a top 10 squad ?

I don't, I think the squad is bottom quartile and we are hoping for three teams to be worse than us.

Who am i missing on my list that makes you think Tan has given the manager a top 10 squad?

That is not enough, we came 12th 2016~2017, have a look at the championship quality in the squad

Morning,

No I don’t think they have , I think between Bulut and what previous managers have left, this squad should be Top 10, if we had a decent Striker and a Ramsey like player fully fit , 6th place was wide open.

From 6th to 12th it has been wide open for 6months, anyone can beat anyone in those positions.

We though seem to have lost our way big time.

Def this Squad should not be in the bottom 10.

As much as their are quality teams in this league, there are also many many ordinary teams.

Sun Feb 18, 2024 8:40 am

Forever Blue wrote:
llan bluebird wrote:

Morning,

No I don’t think they have , I think between Bulut and what previous managers have left, this squad should be Top 10, if we had a decent Striker and a Ramsey like player fully fit , 6th place was wide open.

From 6th to 12th it has been wide open for 6months, anyone can beat anyone in those positions.

As much as their are quality teams in this league, there are also many many ordinary teams.

I'd be careful mate, i reckon one of Tans people will read this and say to Tan"Annis, your biggest critic feels this a top 10 squad we just need a decent striker"

I don't, we need two decent strikers as we don't have a championship striker at the club as Robinson thinks he is a 10
We need two wingers Grant works hard and is durable and one day we'll see O'Dowda back :notworthy: Bowler, Meite are L1 and Tanner is not even that
We need a left footed "8" as Ralls is no longer capable of lasting a game
2 left backs

Then i'd think we are a top 10 squad.

I think they won't offer him a decent contract with guarantees as he is too lippy

Sun Feb 18, 2024 8:46 am

llan bluebird wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
llan bluebird wrote:

Morning,

I'd be careful mate, i reckon one of Tans people will read this and say to Tan"Annis, your biggest critic feels this a top 10 squad we just need a decent striker"

I don't, we need two decent strikers as we don't have a championship striker at the club as Robinson thinks he is a 10
We need two wingers Grant works hard and is durable and one day we'll see O'Dowda back :notworthy: Bowler, Meite are L1 and Tanner is not even that
We need a left footed "8" as Ralls is no longer capable of lasting a game
2 left backs

Then i'd think we are a top 10 squad.

I think they won't offer him a decent contract with guarantees as he is too lippy

Tan, yes all they all still read this forum :lol:

Hmmm your right about needing two good strikers , but that’s asking way to much of this current board.

Ralls is nearly past it.

But the middle of the Championship is very weak and Bulut should be capable of beating the bottom half and most of the middle of the table.

Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:20 am

Give him some proper backing in the summer also to all the Mr Tan haters again I thought the politician was running the show now and EB was his man just like Ole.
Some built their hopes around an aging midfielder because he's a local.
KM was never coming. £££££ speak.
If a certain CR has a virus tell him to stay home not out and about.
We will finish about 16th.

no point sacking him now when he only has this season.
IF the club were any other club they would be looking at his replacement for next season now.
But we are not like any other club because tan is in malaysia alongside ken choo and memet is in monaco.
How disjointed is out board at the moment. Just terrible.

Cooper is out of work, he has a good proven track record, took over forest in a worse position than what we r in now and got them promoted, held his own in the Premier league, he is Welsh and his family follow CCFC. If Tan wants to sell at the clubs highest potential in future the answer is right there. 100% would be worth the investment as if you back Cooper chances are he will get you promoted eventually.

Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:31 am

I read a few interesting things on Twitter yesterday regarding Eeol Bulut and our current situation. One person said he has faith for him to turn it around because he has managerial pedigree. He has only managed in the Turkish league and managing in the championship is a different animal altogether. The foreign managers who have done well change their system when things aren’t going right. This is something that EB cannot do.

There is a complete lack of identity on and off the pitch. The implosion since the win against Bristol City has been nothing short of catastrophic.

Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:34 am

Give him a new contract so he can start planning for next season :bluescarf:
He’ll turn this around :occasion5:

Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:40 am

End of season for me but what a sad state
where fans are wanting the season to come to an end sooner and sooner as each season goes past
a once proud club and fan base crumbling lets hope this sala affair comes to and end and tan can sell up but can anyone see him pumping in 20 million next season on transfers we manged 2 million this transfer window after not spending for years on anyone
so more loans and freebies again next season
Ground hog day now and next season what a bl..dy depressing thought
but thats how it is and will be until tan sells.

Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:46 am

He is ready and waiting and In talks with Tan as we speak

Dai Hunt

You never know with Tan, Dai , Gavin Chesterfield , Steve Morison or even Darren Purse could be the next Cardiff City Manager, oops I forgot anyone who can be a decorator or painter has a chance.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:53 am

Forever Blue wrote:He is ready and waiting and In talks with Tan as we speak

Dai Hunt

You never know with Tan, Dai , Gavin Chesterfield , Steve Morison or even Darren Purse could be the next Cardiff City Manager, oops I forgot anyone who can be a decorator or painter has a chance.

ANNIS

I am a decorator since 1975
wonder whether i should throw my hat into the ring.

Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:54 am

theclaw wrote:Give him a new contract so he can start planning for next season :bluescarf:
He’ll turn this around :occasion5:

How much time does the board give him to turn this around? Performances are getting worse not better and we are in danger of being dragged into a relegation fight again.

Bulut is out of his depth. He constantly changes the starting team and makes very strange substitutions. I think the players are confused and dysfunctional due to not knowing what Bulut wants from them. I think he has lost the players trust and there's only one way that can go.

The board will know this too and will act accordingly in the next couple of weeks, as most football clubs would do given the results and performances over the last 4 months.

Sun Feb 18, 2024 11:21 am

rumpo kid wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
Sven wrote:

The options I gave were:

- Sack him now
- Offer a new contract

:lol: :lol: yep we are supppose to be in the top six with what you said and a few loans & freebies didn't you know.

Sun Feb 18, 2024 11:24 am

I personally would give him until the end of the season
Although in truth would not argue too much if he went now

Sun Feb 18, 2024 11:38 am

montyblue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:He is ready and waiting and In talks with Tan as we speak

Dai Hunt

ANNIS

I am a decorator since 1975
wonder whether i should throw my hat into the ring.

Absolutely perfect, Monty , you suit Tans criteria

Sun Feb 18, 2024 11:48 am

Reply:

Sun Feb 18, 2024 11:59 am

JulesK wrote:Give him some proper backing in the summer also to all the Mr Tan haters again I thought the politician was running the show now and EB was his man just like Ole.
Some built their hopes around an aging midfielder because he's a local.
KM was never coming. £££££ speak.
If a certain CR has a virus tell him to stay home not out and about.
We will finish about 16th.

So you are still a Tan lover Jules.

Wow you certainly change with the weather.

Sun Feb 18, 2024 12:03 pm

Guys I think he’s off at the end of the season regardless weather he’s offered a contract or not I don’t think he wants to be here anymore so I’d prefer him to go now think I’d rather dai hunt till the end of the season at least he cares lol

Sun Feb 18, 2024 1:37 pm

Sam ReaN wrote:no point sacking him now when he only has this season.
IF the club were any other club they would be looking at his replacement for next season now.
But we are not like any other club because tan is in malaysia alongside ken choo and memet is in monaco.
How disjointed is out board at the moment. Just terrible.

I want Bulut gone today, seems like a nice bloke but remove sentiment, he's simply nowhere near good enough.

However, if he is to stay for another week, month or until the end of season...like you say Sam Rean, you would think the 3 Muppets upstairs would be talking to other managers and making those secret phonecalls/holding those secret meetings NOW. You just know dam well though that when Bulut does eventually go, there will be another month long window of interviews only for them to promote Purse or get Morison back.

It's just a joke isn't it. We all care so much about our club but we are all made to look like fools. Getting so sick of it. How do u keep that passion with these 3 are in charge. I don't even look forward to going anymore, the buzz just aint there.

I bought my daughter the 1st and 3rd kits this year coz I thought the good times were maybe back.

Sun Feb 18, 2024 1:41 pm

Bluebird1977 wrote:
rumpo kid wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
Sven wrote:

The options I gave were:

- Sack him now
- Offer a new contract

:lol: :lol: yep we are supppose to be in the top six with what you said and a few loans & freebies didn't you know.

Another person who didn’t read my post.. never said we should be top six and have said all season I’d be happy with mid table.

Not happy with the way we’re losing though.

Sun Feb 18, 2024 2:00 pm

Reply:

Sun Feb 18, 2024 2:01 pm

Reply: