Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Is it time to sack Bulut?

You may select 1 option

View results

“ POLL: IS IT TIME TO SACK BULUT? “

Sat Feb 17, 2024 7:52 pm

I have backed Erol Bulut from the start.

I stuck up for him during the difficult period in January but completely ran out of patience after the Preston game.

Today was even worse.

I just don’t see him turning this around now and believe he should be sacked, as much as I hate to say it.

Re: “ POLL: IS IT TIME TO SACK BULUT? “

Sat Feb 17, 2024 7:54 pm

I personally don’t think he’s good enough, but Tan I can’t see finding better as we don’t give money to managers for players.

I really don’t know what to do.

The Championship is way out of his league.

And was for Harris, Hudson, Morison, Slade, Trollope etc etc

Sat Feb 17, 2024 7:57 pm

The danger to this for me is if we sack him we will only hire someone worse, unless someone like Cooper wants the job.

Sat Feb 17, 2024 7:59 pm

I am in the offer him a new contract

Rationale- If the players know he'll be here next season they need to knuckle down, my guess is the old lags are waiting for Wash, rinse, repeat deja vu of CardiffCity and another summer of finding out who is who and be too late to show them the door.

If we could sign someone with Coopers reputation then I'd change my vote but it won't be......

Sat Feb 17, 2024 8:00 pm

I think we have a squad capable of winning games if played right and don’t think bulet is playing players in the right position or right tactics I think it’s time for him to go

Sat Feb 17, 2024 8:03 pm

I believe we have a Top 10 squad

Sat Feb 17, 2024 8:06 pm

End of the season for me, we can't keep chopping & changing managers so often.

Sat Feb 17, 2024 8:08 pm

Forever Blue wrote:I personally don’t think he’s good enough, but Tan I can’t see finding better as we don’t give money to managers for players.

I really don’t know what to do.

The Championship is way out of his league.

And was for Harris, Hudson, Morison, Slade, Trollope etc etc

Agree 100% Annis. Hes not doing well but as this was Dalman’s choice, who’d come in next.

Sat Feb 17, 2024 8:14 pm

He has two home games to save his job in my view. He simply has to get results. I want him to stay and finish the season but sadly I can very easily see us losing again on Tuesday. Bulut needs to be braver and act like he needs a win to keep his job. My prediction is he is gone by next week.

Sat Feb 17, 2024 8:14 pm

Welshman in CA wrote:End of the season for me, we can't keep chopping & changing managers so often.

This

Sat Feb 17, 2024 8:16 pm

Sack him now, keep him, offer him a new contract, nothing will change unless the people at the top changes.

Sat Feb 17, 2024 8:18 pm

What's the point in sacking him? Despite the hysterics we're extremely unlikely to go down.

There's always better candidates available in the summer so just don't offer him an extension unless things get disastrous or he suddenly fixes all the issues

Sat Feb 17, 2024 8:20 pm

Forever Blue wrote:I believe we have a Top 10 squad

So, for the record, you believe Tan & Dalman have given the manager a squad capable of a top 10 finish ?

I need to timestamp this :o

Sat Feb 17, 2024 8:20 pm

This is the big question,
And could it get even worse if it’s left down to tan to choose the next one
And also if bulut would of had his players he wanted at start of January and been given a new contract would we be now in a good position and winning games ,
Has this january pantomime proper messed shit up ,
Or isit just that bulut is finding the championship very hard

Sat Feb 17, 2024 8:21 pm

We could sack 20 Buluts but things won’t change till we get rid of the cancer at the top. Get Tan out now.

Sat Feb 17, 2024 8:21 pm

Tricky one,I don't like his negative tactics,recent history however says his replacement will only be cheap like the last 4 or 5.

Sat Feb 17, 2024 8:33 pm

Honestly no…

Look at the history of managers, not just in our club but in football in general.

Let’s take Man City, Chelsea, Man Utd and Liverpool as examples, not because of their positions or money but because of manager history:

When SAF joined Man Utd he had followed on from a quick succession of managers with Ron Atkinson being the man he replaced, he was on the verge of being sacked when he won the FA Cup replay and went on to what we all know is one of the best if not the overall best managerial careers ever,

Man City chopped and changed managers for years and finally found that a manager needs time following Man Utd’s lead.

Liverpool did the same until they hired Klopp.

Chelsea had it right early with Jose and since then they’ve been playing the manager roulette, same and Man Utd since SAF retired.

Now we fall into that category of playing manager roulette over the past god knows how many seasons. We had Malky, good times, then we had the prem year and manager roulette started, settled for a while with Warnock and then started again….. 5 managers in 3 years is it????

Regardless, you get the point!!

Rooney was offered a long term project at Birmingham yet the board or fans didn’t give him time.

This is where we are now, Bulut hasn’t had time! Yes he’s had 6 months but let’s look at it. 1st transfer window (summer) all free agents and a few loan players (obviously Ramsey coming home wasn’t his doing but he accepted it). Won some decent games and brought a touch of excitement back to CCS.

He hasn’t been helped by injuries and he has a reserve manager who was a great player for us but couldn’t manage a tea party.
He has a board who make false promises and don’t want to help him and are quick to throw managers under the bus.
2nd transfer window…. No sign of any help from Tan/Board, takes Tan until 4 days before the end of the window to meet Dalman to discuss transfers , by then all the targets have moved on to other clubs and Buluts left rummaging through the scraps bin again, makes a decent loan signing and permanent signing in Wilson-Esbrand and Turnbull.

This can’t just be a 1 season show, history proves that managers need time and money, time from the board AND from the fans and money from the board for transfers without overspending.
Last edited by snoopystorm on Sat Feb 17, 2024 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Feb 17, 2024 8:34 pm

I think there should be an option for 'Wait and see at the end if this season' and a 'Not sure' option to give voters proper options...

With my personal view that it's not the time for yet another new man at the helm, and that we should see how the land lies throughout the club in the summer, there isn't a voting option for me in this, so I haven't voted... :ayatollah:

Sat Feb 17, 2024 8:38 pm

Sven wrote:I think there should be an option for 'Wait and see at the end if this season' and a 'Not sure' option to give voters proper options...

With my personal view that it's not the time for yet another new man at the helm, and that we should see how the land lies throughout the club in the summer, there isn't a voting option for me in this, so I haven't voted... :ayatollah:

I feel the same as you but went for the last option as things can change so we have to at least give him until then & review at the end of the season.

Sat Feb 17, 2024 8:39 pm

Sven wrote:I think there should be an option for 'Wait and see at the end if this season' and a 'Not sure' option to give voters proper options...

Sven,

If these options were on the poll, then my vote wouldn't have been the 'End of season' option.

I've said on a few other threads that it is not a good idea to keep sacking managers, and that we will not have any decent managers wanting to come here. Therefore we should give Bulut time.

Sat Feb 17, 2024 8:41 pm

What Svem weeks ago he wasthe best thing since sliced bread changing your mind or on the fence?

Sat Feb 17, 2024 8:52 pm

I would keep him give him a 2 year contract with this he needs better support from the board better communaction also they all need to work with him including us lot as fans give the fella a chance goutas and Siopis are good transfers and by the end of the season he will now much more about the championship. Than he did before he took over so he’ll now what players he’ll need to bring in we get rid now we be back on the merry go round and back to square 1 the board have chosen him it’s bound time they started backing him this is my personal apinion I don’t want to see us with a cheap manager coming in and starting all over again

Sat Feb 17, 2024 8:53 pm

End of season for me with a review ….we don’t know what he was promised by the board but we do know he has been exposed tactically in the championship which is tougher than maybe he thought it would be .
Personally I would like an experienced football man like Warnock or Steve Bruce acting as director of football be brought in .
We are going nowhere as a club with its current structure or policy of chopping and changing managers

Sat Feb 17, 2024 9:10 pm

Get rid of the board poll there should be. For me it don't matter who the manager is the squad is mid table at best but currently it's relegation form as we all know. Somethings got to change after the next two home games on the pitch or I feel the lunatics in the boardroom will do what they always do.

Sat Feb 17, 2024 9:25 pm

Bluebird 67 wrote:What Svem weeks ago he wasthe best thing since sliced bread changing your mind or on the fence?

First of all, get it right and readable... :roll:

Secondly, I have backed Erol Bulut from day one and continue to do so, even in tbe face of a poor run and with posters like you deciding any given manager's fate depends solely on a result or run of results...

Want to have a 'pop' at me...? Fair enough, I've fended off far better than you, but at least keep it real...! :oops:

As for this thread? I simply said there weren't enough options and it seems others agree...! :ayatollah:

Sat Feb 17, 2024 9:34 pm

To me, he's downed tools since the transfer window saga. Keep.him for now, think we should be safe enough but can see us dropping to just above the bottom 3 come April.

Club needs a rethink though...top to bottom inc. Manager.

As they said on Call Rob tonight, why are we not pressurusing the owner for better? Even if he appointed a full time DoF based at the club

Sat Feb 17, 2024 9:36 pm

Time to go. Hate chopping and changing managers but, all things considered, I see nothing in Bulut. He doesn't even talk a good game.

I can take inconsistency, bad luck and the odd bad day at the office, but almost continuous loses and stuffings at that, why prolong the agony. The players put in a shift yeah but there is no passion there, no real togetherness or fighting spirit. It's the managers job to instill that fire in their belly's. He's incapable of this so time to go and why wait!

Sat Feb 17, 2024 9:42 pm

Bulut is a Dalman appointment! Tan needs Dalman and they need this to work.

I feel the next 2 games are crucial for Erol Bulut and our immediate future.

Sat Feb 17, 2024 9:58 pm

Sven wrote:
Bluebird 67 wrote:What Svem weeks ago he wasthe best thing since sliced bread changing your mind or on the fence?

First of all, get it right and readable... :roll:

Secondly, I have backed Erol Bukut from day one and continue to do so, even in tbe face of a poor run and with posters like you deciding any given manager's fate depends solely on a result or run of results...

Want to have a 'pop' at me...? Fair enough, I've fended off far better than you, but at least keep it real...! :oops:

As for this thread? I simply said there weren't enough options and it seems others agree...! :ayatollah:

Chris, I don’t agree at all that there should be more options.

The options I gave were:

- Sack him now
- Replace him at the end of the season
- Offer a new contract

He has been at the club for over six months now and his contract is due to expire in just a few more months.

We are clearly not going to be in the top six. We could still be in a relegation battle but are unlikely to go down in all honesty.

So the decision on whether they want to give him a new contract should be made by now. If they are still not sure whether to offer a contract or not, that sums up the fact that they don’t know how to run a football club.

So I don’t think something along the lines of “see how the rest of the season goes” is a reasonable option.

We have 14 games left. If he won 5/6 of those hypothetically (which I don’t see happening), does that mean we should disregard these last six games and offer him a new contract? I don’t think so.

Being honest, we know the standard of football has been awful for months now.

The majority of the season is gone. I would like to think they’d judge him on that instead of the small proportion of the season that is left.

What they want to do at the end of this season should already be decided, based on all the above.

I stand by what I said, that he should go. It is very difficult to see him turning this around.

Sat Feb 17, 2024 11:17 pm

On current form we will be relegated, regardless of whether we give Bulut a new contract or not.
Wait until the end of the season when we are relegated? What’s the point in that??
The shambolic pantomime running of Cardiff City FC continues to exasperate even the most of loyal supporters.
The scene is set,,,, and just when you think things can’t get any worse,,, they do… Exceedingly!
Last edited by RICK+CCFC on Sat Feb 17, 2024 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.