Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

8 Days Ago

Sat Feb 17, 2024 7:24 pm

People were calling for Bulut to be given an extension 8 days ago 0n Feb 9th and wez and a few others ware getting a lot of flak for even suggesting we should wait. I was surprised to see a post on the same thread from Annis saying Bulut should get a 1 year extension to his current contract as I thought he had always been on the fence about Bulut.

My point here is that maybe none of us are as perfect as some are making themselves out to be and that at the end of the day we all want the best for the club although you have to wonder about a couple of posters who seem to take delight in us losing.

Re: 8 Days Ago

Sat Feb 17, 2024 7:29 pm

Welshman in CA wrote:People were calling for Bulut to be given an extension 8 days ago 0n Feb 9th and wez and a few others ware getting a lot of flak for even suggesting we should wait. I was surprised to see a post on the same thread from Annis saying Bulut should get a 1 year extension to his current contract as I thought he had always been on the fence about Bulut.

My point here is that maybe none of us are as perfect as some are making themselves out to be and that at the end of the day we all want the best for the club although you have to wonder about a couple of posters who seem to take delight in us losing.

I did as I could see us gradually getting worse , I'm really disappointed in Bulut I was his biggest fan but he isn't good enough. Your right annis did want to give hon more time up untill today .

Sat Feb 17, 2024 7:42 pm

People are allowed to change their minds and the displays over those last 8 days haven't helped the club or Bulut's cause...

Personally, I believe we were retrospectively wrong to get rid of Ugbo, if he wasn't recalled by his club, and are suffering for it...

I still have belief in our new signings and feel they will come good. A lot of this is psychological and a win on Tuesday in front of the Bluebird faithful would be a huge fillip for all concerned... :ayatollah:

Sat Feb 17, 2024 8:04 pm

I didn't say people weren't allowed to change their mind, it was more of a how quickly those minds were changed & how extreme the change has been in such a short space of time.

It wasn't a dig at anyone in particular, more of an observation.

Sat Feb 17, 2024 8:16 pm

It's interesting to see how people's opinions have completely 180ed in the last 10 days.

I suspect some of the same voices who called for a contract extension would gave also criticised the club for giving him one.

Sat Feb 17, 2024 9:26 pm

Wonder how opinions might change again by the end of the season we've had a horrible run and played shit but 4 of the next 5 are at home including stoke Blackburn and Huddersfield.
Not defending Bullet here but we've changed managers so many times recently maybe it's time to try and ride it out

Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:11 pm

Aramore wrote:It's interesting to see how people's opinions have completely 180ed in the last 10 days.

I suspect some of the same voices who called for a contract extension would gave also criticised the club for giving him one.
I said that at the time .

Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:20 pm

Chants around me at Watford singing “we want you to stay” not me. I loved our win there, but we were very lucky, I’d seen enough , no variety, no flair or just even having a go. Sets up not to lose, doesn’t set up to win even at home. Strange substitutions, calls out individualls, Not my kind of manager.

Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:29 am

I've not bothered with the debate because while we have this board in place I cannot see us getting anyone better in.

Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:39 am

Welshman in CA wrote:People were calling for Bulut to be given an extension 8 days ago 0n Feb 9th and wez and a few others ware getting a lot of flak for even suggesting we should wait. I was surprised to see a post on the same thread from Annis saying Bulut should get a 1 year extension to his current contract as I thought he had always been on the fence about Bulut.

If you read what I said, I was 50-50 on Bulut and always have been.
But who would Tan replace him with ?

Go on say the names that Tan would give a job to??

We can’t keep changing managers if they are not going to be any better.

But as you say in the last 8 days more dire football, new players used and guess what we are getting even worse under Bulut.

I have been on the fence regarding Bulut, but just look at all previous Tans appointments in the last 4 yrs.

Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:46 am

wez1927 wrote:

I did as I could see us gradually getting worse , I'm really disappointed in Bulut I was his biggest fan but he isn't good enough. Your right annis did want to give hon more time up untill today .

I did say it Wez, as your best mate Tan who can’t do anything wrong will only employ worse.

Under Tan there is NEVER ANY STABILITY.

Tan you back beyond, No matter what.

But at least I will admit when I get things wrong about managers / chairmen etc.

Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:48 am

VINCENT TAN BOUGHT CARDIFF CITY MAY 2010:

13 MANAGERS / 14 YEARS:

Dave Jones ( already manager- 25th May 2011 )

Malky Mackay (June 2011 – December 2013)

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer (January 2014 – September 2014)

Danny Gabbidon / Scott Young ( Beginning September 2014 - October 2014 )

Russell Slade (October 2014 – May 2016)

Paul Trollope (May 2016 – October 2016)

Neil Warnock (October 2016 – November 2019)

Neil Harris (November 2019 – January 2021)

Mick McCarthy (January 2021 – October 2021)

Steve Morison (October 2021 – September 2022)

Mark Hudson (September 2022 – January 2023)

Sabri Lamouchi January 2023 - 16 May 2023.

Erol Bulut (3 June 2023 -ongoing)

Sun Feb 18, 2024 11:01 am

Its been an extreme 8 days.

What's your point? Constant one-upmanship in posts :laughing6:

I haven't been on this forum that long, really - one constant is that most/all are wrong or change opinion. Who cares? That's the beauty of this game!

Sun Feb 18, 2024 11:07 am

SB 1927 wrote:Its been an extreme 8 days.

I haven't been on this forum that long, really - one constant is that most/all are wrong or change opinion. Who cares? That's the beauty of this game!

Absolutely correct,

Apparently Fans can’t change their minds or opinions.

Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:07 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Absolutely correct,

Who said that?

I certainly didn't say anything of the sort. I was pointing out how fast minds had changed & how extreme the change was for some, not all.

Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:14 pm

Welshman in CA wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Absolutely correct,

Who said that?

I certainly didn't say anything of the sort. I was pointing out how fast minds had changed & how extreme the change was for some, not all.

Well Mine is the only name in your OP is it not???

Plus I give every manager and player a chance.

I want them all to succeed, but if you see NO light at the end of this dark tunnel , My Opinions will change, I hope that is alright with you?

Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:20 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Welshman in CA wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Absolutely correct,

Who said that?

Well Mine is the only name in your OP is it not???

Plus I give every manager and player a chance.

I want them all to succeed, but if you see NO light at the end of this dark tunnel , My Opinions will change, I hope that is alright with you?

I used your name because I had missed that you had said that & it was more my surprise that you had said about the 1 year contract as I knew you had said a few times previously about being 50/50, also people seem to value your opinion more than most, it was not a dig at you.

I also mentioned wez in my original post not just you because they were 2 posts that had stuck out to me for different reasons when rereading the thread.

Sun Feb 18, 2024 7:47 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

I did say it Wez, as your best mate Tan who can’t do anything wrong will only employ worse.

Under Tan there is NEVER ANY STABILITY.

Tan you back beyond, No matter what.

But at least I will admit when I get things wrong about managers / chairmen etc.

Your best mate dalman you mean employed him , all over his ass this season :lol: