Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Cardiff City manager Erol Bulut admitted he was "hurting a l

Sat Feb 17, 2024 6:17 pm

Cardiff City manager Erol Bulut admitted he was "hurting a lot" after the 4-1 defeat by Norwich City made it six defeats in seven matches for his Bluebirds.

Saturday 17th February 2024

“I am hurting, I want to be top six.”

The Welsh side took the lead through Jamilu Collins but were battered thereafter, showing a worrying lack of potency in attack and arguably less steeliness in defence.

The woeful run of form and performances sees Cardiff stagnating in 14th position in the Championship table, with the play-offs a long, long way away now.

"In my career I have never lost so many games in a row as a manager," Bulut said. "I have to adapt also a little bit. I don't like losing. My players don't like the situation right now.

“ We have to continue for 14 games more and change it again. We have to give the fans something back. We have to show more, even when the opponent is stronger than us.”

"It's a good moment for us to play at home in front of our fans, so we have to get the three points. It's a good time to think about everything, we will analyse it tomorrow so we can be much better on Tuesday.

"It hurts me a lot. I have to handle this quick with my players, because we need these players again on Tuesday. I need my players on Tuesday. I spoke to them inside (the changing room), they have to be positive. I cannot shout at them to make them more down, they are already down because we lost 4-1.

"I will try to keep morale up to have a good morale on Tuesday for the game."

"It was a very difficult afternoon," he admitted. "It was a game that was much, much better for them than for us. When we see the first 20 minutes, they were pushing, but we made it 1-0. From the pressing we got the ball and we scored, but after that we didn't manage to stop the opponent. They were much better than us. We have to accept that today we didn't have a great game.

"I knew that when I started here at the start of the season, what I have and where I want to be. When we speak about the top six and us it is a long way to be there, where we want to be, I want to be top six.”

"This is about time and working and we have to keep working."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Cardiff City manager Erol Bulut admitted he was "hurting

Sat Feb 17, 2024 6:20 pm

I don’t like saying it but I just don’t have faith in him to turn this around.

Sat Feb 17, 2024 6:27 pm

Nope no chance of turning it around

Sat Feb 17, 2024 6:37 pm

He looks a dead man walking to me

Sat Feb 17, 2024 6:37 pm

Gives opposition teams way too much respect which perhaps explains his constantly negative approach to games.

If he's transmitting this fear to the players then it's little wonder that we appear to be beaten before the game kicks off.

Sat Feb 17, 2024 6:38 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:I don’t like saying it but I just don’t have faith in him to turn this around.

Neither do I, that disappeared a while ago for me, he's just unable to motivate this group and I feel there are other managers out there that could.

I didnt keep track of the game like I usually do today but did not expect a loss like that...8 points from relegation zone. Really reminds me of the big Mick era where we couldn't buy a win. What is the point in continuing with this???

Sat Feb 17, 2024 7:50 pm

I like Bulut and really wanted him to succeed
At this time, I honestly do not see where the next positive result will come from
We seem to be getting worse if anything
Still would not have scored against Preston at home if that game was being played now
I have no idea what the solution is

Sat Feb 17, 2024 8:01 pm

Replies:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Feb 17, 2024 8:02 pm

Replies:

Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:28 pm

davids wrote:Gives opposition teams way too much respect which perhaps explains his constantly negative approach to games.

If he's transmitting this fear to the players then it's little wonder that we appear to be beaten before the game kicks off.

That's exactly as I see it. The way he talks about the opposition it's like we're not worthy of being in the same division as them.

I really don't think his tactical or motivational skills are compatible with managing a Championship team. Whether or not he'll be given time to acquire these skills beyond this season is becoming more doubtful with every defeat and pitifully poor performance.

Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:48 pm

£5 on how the tabloids will report his demise newst week -
Errol Given the Bullet?
Tan fires the Bulut?
Bulut misses the mark?

Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:48 pm

£5 on how the tabloids will report his demise next week -
Errol Given the Bullet?
Tan fires the Bulut?
Bulut misses the mark?

Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:57 pm

castell-neath wrote:£5 on how the tabloids will report his demise next week -
Errol Given the Bullet?
Tan fires the Bulut?
Bulut misses the mark?

Should have done it on Wednesday.

Bulut for my valentine.

Sat Feb 17, 2024 11:15 pm

MoodyBluebird wrote:
davids wrote:Gives opposition teams way too much respect which perhaps explains his constantly negative approach to games.

That's exactly as I see it. The way he talks about the opposition it's like we're not worthy of being in the same division as them.

I really don't think his tactical or motivational skills are compatible with managing a Championship team. Whether or not he'll be given time to acquire these skills beyond this season is becoming more doubtful with every defeat and pitifully poor performance.

But it’s the case…

We should have been relegated last season, this side barely has improved since we couldn’t spend money again. This team needs a lot of investment before we can even dream of a play-off contending season.

Sat Feb 17, 2024 11:24 pm

I sense many fan's feelings toward Bulut have veered from full support to partial support to full-blown anger within the space of two months, which does not bode well for his future. Unless. he picks up a win in our next two games, I think we may well be saying goodbye to him.

Sat Feb 17, 2024 11:39 pm

Time for Cian Ashford and Grant as a front 2 for Tuesday.

Both have pace and let's play at home with a bit of intent. Show some passion, get in their faces and get the fans on the edge of their seats rather than more negative rubbish.

Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:33 am

Id just go basic formation 442 get rid of the wing back going from a 5 to a 3 on the attack and just keep it tight neat and simple. He wants to play an intelligent style of football like a man city keep the ball build and score .its just not happening but i can see his style its prem champ league but not the lower leagues .if it worked it would be beautiful instead its ugly .He has to change it but he won't thats his football.it would work nice in another team with different players but not city.thats my view