Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“ A serious conversation is needed with Erol Bulut “

Sat Feb 17, 2024 4:58 pm

Enough is enough.

A serious conversation is needed by the hierarchy with Erol Bulut.

I have tried to back him through this bad run and awful football, but ran out of patience against Preston last week.

But today was even worse. I have sympathy with the fans who made the long journey.

Whether they sack him or give him one last chance, something needs to be done.

In my opinion he will have to go because I just don’t see things changing with him in charge.

The alternatives don’t inspire me but things can’t go on like this.

Either way, I’ll be at CCS on Tuesday :bluebird:

Re: “ A serious conversation is needed with Erol Bulut “

Sat Feb 17, 2024 5:00 pm

Hes finished. I am gutted as really thought he could change us for the better. We are in a McCarthy death spin now and he'll be gone by next weekend as we wont win either of our next two home games.

Sat Feb 17, 2024 5:02 pm

EastleighBlue wrote:Hes finished. I am gutted as really thought he could change us for the better. We are in a McCarthy death spin now and he'll be gone by next weekend as we wont win either of our next two home games.

He’s not finished? Turkish ain’t he?

Sat Feb 17, 2024 5:06 pm

Two things City must be looking who will replace bulut but i exoect them to give him the next two games (perhaps)
It seems Bulut has no idea how to manage a championship side.
City should get cooper in now buf please no beaky.
Osion roberts as number two

Sat Feb 17, 2024 5:08 pm

Igovernor wrote:Two things City must be looking who will replace bulut but i exoect them to give him the next two games (perhaps)

Cooper and Roberts would be superb. I just can’t see it happening unfortunately Rog.

Sat Feb 17, 2024 5:09 pm

They will sack him and then put another in who's not up to the job they never look for proven managers it's drives me up the wall

Sat Feb 17, 2024 5:14 pm

As the OP said, Preston was the final straw. Today just showed that EB is finished here. I’m expecting a club statement in the next 24 hours.

Sat Feb 17, 2024 5:15 pm

Let's be fair here, Bulut never managed in this league and is probably unaware of the pressures of fans in this league when your on poor form. Now 8 points from relegation is nowhere near good enough. BUT the next 2 games are big. Blackburn and Stoke at home and if we dont get at least 1 win then we will snowball down the league. This is due to Bristol away after the home games.

Sat Feb 17, 2024 5:15 pm

I was wondering what the 'Bulut-watch' boys would think of that hammering and the comments so far answer the question.
I suppose the next question will be;

Who do we want to see replace Bulut?

Sat Feb 17, 2024 5:19 pm

That's one of the worst performances I've witnessed n I've seen a few time for a change again ..do the players play for him ?

Sat Feb 17, 2024 5:22 pm

I don't think he should be sacked. It takes time to build a team - Arteta, Fergie, they never started off very well, look at them since

Sat Feb 17, 2024 5:31 pm

Bulut will simply not walk since he is the manager for this season only.
No news on a new contract for him so im guessing he is just letting results happen each game with minimal changes.
He is fed up and so are fans.
AND with rambo out i can only see him do a Bale and retire from club level but stick with the international tournaments.
And even then he might not go beyond the Euro 2024 tournament.

Bulut cant simply rebuild a team with a handful of players with absolutely no future at the club.

Sat Feb 17, 2024 5:34 pm

Igovernor wrote:Two things City must be looking who will replace bulut but i exoect them to give him the next two games (perhaps)

:lol: Comedy gold

Cooper and Roberts would cost us more than we pay strikers.

It will be another "who", as nobody with any sort of reputation will come here

Sat Feb 17, 2024 5:46 pm

More chance of getting Tommy Cooper ,just like that

Sat Feb 17, 2024 5:47 pm

Roath_Blue wrote:I don't think he should be sacked. It takes time to build a team - Arteta, Fergie, they never started off very well, look at them since

Man Utd and Arsenal are huge clubs who can afford to give managers a bit more time.

We can’t.

Sat Feb 17, 2024 6:06 pm

A dreadful display.
Noticed that Bulut sat down through much of the second half. He and the players looked like they’ve had the stuffing kicked out of them. The difference in quality was immense.
Feel for those with much further to travel.
That was shite.

Sat Feb 17, 2024 6:11 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
Roath_Blue wrote:I don't think he should be sacked. It takes time to build a team - Arteta, Fergie, they never started off very well, look at them since

Man Utd and Arsenal are huge clubs who can afford to give managers a bit more time.

We can’t.

That is true Ned, but who would even contemplate putting up with Tan and the board if Bulut was sacked?

Would probably see Purse as manager.

Sat Feb 17, 2024 6:48 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:

We can’t.

Pressure is arguably greater at those clubs. Fergie had 4 years before they won anything. We can’t keep changing Managers, it’s a large part of the problem.

Sat Feb 17, 2024 6:49 pm

He has to win next two simple really

Sat Feb 17, 2024 7:04 pm

I can't see how anyone can defend him after the last 2 games. We are as bad as weve ever been. Our form is awful and I wouldnt fancy us to get anything from the bottom 3, let alone anyone else.

He's just got to go, there are absolutely no positives at all in keeping him here. We will not get the 10 points needed to ensure safety

Sat Feb 17, 2024 7:23 pm

wez1927 wrote:He has to win next two simple really

If he did manage that, things would look a whole lot better.

Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:29 am

I’m losing patience with Bulut as he is just making such strange tactical and selection choices.

However, people need to be realistic and see who would REALISTICALLY replace him and are they any better ?

Cooper is way above our level and I’m struggling to see any other obvious options.

Maybe Osian Roberts but he’s a massive risk as he’s more of a number 2.

On that basis I can see Bulut being here until the end of the season but all bets are off if we lose the next 2 home games.