Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

MY OPINION / VIEW: IT FEELS LIKE EVERY GAME IS BECOMING M

Sat Feb 17, 2024 4:53 pm

MY VIEW: IT FEELS LIKE EVERY GAME IS BECOMING MORE DIRE & THE SEASON IS VIRTUALLY OVER OTHER THAN GETTING MORE POINTS TO GUARANTEE OUR SAFETY FOR THE 4TH YEAR RUNNING:

NORWICH HAD NOT SCORED 4 GOALS AT HOME IN A LEAGUE GAME SINCE APRIL 2019.
Norwich commentator said he not seen Norwich dominate a game like this all season.

Today Norwich absolutely outclassed and out played Cardiff.

Remember: Bulut promised attacking and never say die football / Well he certainly does talk shite

EMBARRASSING

How Norwich were not winning 4 or 5 to 1 at h-t, was incredible.

Why do we make so many teams look like Brazil?

Second-half Norwich just played around and just out played us.

Many fans are calling for Buluts head.

What will Buluts excuse be this week?

Cardiff were totally outplayed for 80 of the 90mins

FOR 5 MONTHS NOW THIS SEASON / BORING / DIRE FOOTBALL

AND 4 YEARS OF TOTAL CRAP.

So Bulut went in to this game with just 5 wins from his last 18 games and losing 5 of City’s last 6 games.

ITS NOW ONLY 7 PTS FROM OUR LAST 33 POINTS / PLUS AN FA CUP HAMMERING/ RELEGATION FORM.

FIRST-HALF: It started with Norwich tearing our defence to pieces, we were all over the place. Phillips kicks it off the line, Horvath saves as well, Cardiff should of been 1 nil down.
After 15mins it was all Norwich, Just over the top of the bar, another save by Horvath and Norwich could of been 3 nil up.

19mins: Cardiff lead! . JC with the goal after Colwill's cross is palmed into his path at the far post. Lovely footwork from Colwill to beat his man before the cross. 0-1

21mins: Norwich hit the post.

39 min:Goal. Josh Sargent scores for Norwich. (1-1)

40 min: Barnes puts the ball in the back of the net, but the offside flag is raised.

44 min: Goal for the Norwich . Gabriel Sara with a beautiful free-kick. (2-1)

SECOND-HALF: A change for the #Bluebirds at the start of the second half. @JoshBowler10 replaces @jwilsonesbrand.

54 mins: Goal for Norwich. Sargent again. His initial shot hits the post and bounces back into his path for a fortunate tap-in. (3-1)

59mins: Two changes for City.
The skipper Ralls is replaced by @ryanwintle123.
Etete also comes on for Famara Diédhiou.

It made NO difference, Norwich were always in control.

77th mins: Fassnacht and van Hooijdonk combine well, and the Swiss international finds the far corner to add our fourth!

79th min: Ollie Tanner replaced KG

NORWICH CITY 4 CARDIFF CITY 1
H-T 2-1
Crowd
Away Support 371 Cardiff fans

CCFC:
Horvath; Romeo, Goutas, Phillips, Collins, Wilson-Esbrand; Siopis, Ralls, Colwill; Grant, Diedhiou.

There's a reason Horvath was the 4th keeper for Forest. Luton fans who got promoted with him didn't even rate him and there's a reason for that.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: MY OPINION / VIEW: IT FEELS LIKE EVERY GAME IS BECOMING

Sat Feb 17, 2024 4:54 pm

Now looking towards the Bottom end:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Feb 17, 2024 4:56 pm

CCFC:

Sat Feb 17, 2024 4:58 pm

Defeat today was guaranteed but I expected better than today's capitulation. We are in total freefall. To give Bulut some fairness it has been a difficult run of games since Jan. Leeds, WBA, Preston, Norwich are all proper top half play off contenders. Plymouth away is tough too. But now he has two winnable home games next week. He has to win them otherwise he needs to be sacked. My prediction he wont win either and is now finished. The team need a new voice to get us 4 wins to stay up.

Sat Feb 17, 2024 5:03 pm

We should not be surprised with this result but it should not be accepted the way we play.

I just can't see how we are going to improve tbh. I really can't.

I thought we were save from relegation but now I'm not too sure.

Sat Feb 17, 2024 5:04 pm

Yeh deffo
Didn’t think I’d say this but he’s finished , we need a fresh face who knows how to manage players

Sat Feb 17, 2024 5:04 pm

Cant wait to hear Bulut excuses or blame others ??

Sat Feb 17, 2024 5:05 pm

Time for a change now.

Sat Feb 17, 2024 5:08 pm

Absolutely terrible.

We are awful and boring to watch.

A serious conversation is needed with Erol Bulut tonight.

I really don’t see how he can carry on, don’t think he will change things.

Alternatives don’t inspire me but things can’t go on like this.

Sat Feb 17, 2024 5:15 pm

I’ve been a firm backer of Bulut, because up until this rut hit, he has been the best manager we’ve had here for a while.

However, having said that, we are in absolute free fall. No idea where the next points are coming from. We look absolutely dreadful.

The players are shot to pieces, confidence has completely gone from a lot of them.

Dressing room rot has set in, and I can only see it ending one way from here, Bulut out the door!

Sat Feb 17, 2024 5:17 pm

I cannot see anyone else getting much more out of these players as they are mainly past their sell by date or L1 standard at most .All the negativity from the transfer window is having a major effect on the whole club it feels like the fall out from the Risdale xmas promise all over again .Unless a decent manager is willing to come into the madhouse then Bulut should be given till the end of the season

Sat Feb 17, 2024 5:20 pm

Becoming like last season when most wanted it to end what a sad state we are in
glad i have decided not to throw away any more of my hard earned cash to away games we f.ck.d up big time january and its a slow drag to the end of the season
But it should be not like this there should be some proper protest organised season after season we are getting worse i hate going to ganes without an ounce of hope
Mr tan really needs to called out what sh.t show we have become a once proud club is becoming an embarrassment and i hate it.

Sat Feb 17, 2024 5:22 pm

I don't want to blame the manager, if he had the money to bring in decent players instead of freebies, we could be talking about promotion now,same thing every season, no investment, dire football, fans annoyed...manager gets sack.

Sat Feb 17, 2024 5:35 pm

Replies:

Sat Feb 17, 2024 5:36 pm

Replies:

Sat Feb 17, 2024 5:37 pm

Replies:

Sat Feb 17, 2024 5:38 pm

Replies:

Sat Feb 17, 2024 6:00 pm

Replies:

Sat Feb 17, 2024 6:00 pm

Replies:

Sat Feb 17, 2024 6:08 pm

Replies FB:

Richard Lewis:

Everyone is saying that Erol Bulut has to go but it wasn’t that long ago that the majority were hailing him as the saviour and saying that we could get into the play offs.

The fact remains that several key first team players were missing today and others have been missing for a long time now, whether that’s through injury, lack of form or whatever. We’ve needed these players and I’m sure had the likes of Ramsey, O’Dowda and Robinson been fit and in form it would have made a big difference to our team, how we line up and play, and ultimately results.

Results have been awful of late but what happened to the narrative that any new manager coming in needs a full season, and just a few weeks back the feeling was that we needed to back the manager as he was doing his best with what he had available to him? He’s changed it up today and gone for a different formation but we’ve paid the price. You can’t knock him for trying.

As for the board, well Erol Bulut identified several players including Kieffer Moore who he’d like to bring in and we got none of them and instead were scrambling around trying to bring players in on the last two days of the window. It’s shit and not good enough, but until the regime changes we could have Josep Guardiola or Carlo Ancelotti in charge, and still not be any better.

I don’t see how sacking the manager now would do any good at this moment in time.

Sat Feb 17, 2024 6:37 pm

Replies:

Sat Feb 17, 2024 6:38 pm

Replies

Sat Feb 17, 2024 6:39 pm

Replies:

Sat Feb 17, 2024 7:26 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Replies FB:

Richard Lewis:

Everyone is saying that Erol Bulut has to go but it wasn’t that long ago that the majority were hailing him as the saviour and saying that we could get into the play offs.

The fact remains that several key first team players were missing today and others have been missing for a long time now, whether that’s through injury, lack of form or whatever. We’ve needed these players and I’m sure had the likes of Ramsey, O’Dowda and Robinson been fit and in form it would have made a big difference to our team, how we line up and play, and ultimately results.

Results have been awful of late but what happened to the narrative that any new manager coming in needs a full season, and just a few weeks back the feeling was that we needed to back the manager as he was doing his best with what he had available to him? He’s changed it up today and gone for a different formation but we’ve paid the price. You can’t knock him for trying.

As for the board, well Erol Bulut identified several players including Kieffer Moore who he’d like to bring in and we got none of them and instead were scrambling around trying to bring players in on the last two days of the window. It’s shit and not good enough, but until the regime changes we could have Josep Guardiola or Carlo Ancelotti in charge, and still not be any better.

I don’t see how sacking the manager now would do any good at this moment in time.

Nail on the head Richard Lewis..

Sat Feb 17, 2024 7:40 pm

Yeah spot on from Richard there
Its all so bloody depressing again

Sat Feb 17, 2024 7:45 pm

Updated:

Sat Feb 17, 2024 7:53 pm

rumpo kid wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Replies FB:

Richard Lewis:

Nail on the head Richard Lewis..

Well said fella.

People seem to forget we were almost relegated last season, had our hands tied in the summer re transfers and have a management team who are learning about football in this country let alone this division!

We cannot continue to keep sacking managers willy nilly. We need to show patience and give Bulut the time and the resources to do the job.

Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:21 am

Horvath can be pointed at for 3 of the 6 goals we’ve conceded last 2 games

Alnwick isn’t the best , but he was reliable and consistent , but to permanently go and get a keeper not much better at shot stopping and worse at distribution is madness