Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Updated: Aaron Ramsey out for Norwich and Blackburn

Sat Feb 17, 2024 2:31 pm

Updated:

Ramsey picked up a knock ahead of the game against Norwich which ruled him out for the trip to East Anglia. The initial hope is that the injury is not a severe one, however manager Bulut will likely shed more light on that after the match.

It is thought the injury could be 4-6 weeks

Heard that Ramsey is out for 4-6 weeks with another knock.

Not sure how true this is, but that’s what I’ve been told.

And now reported on the radio

Should Ramsey Retire?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Aaron Ramsey out for up to 6 weeks:

Sat Feb 17, 2024 2:34 pm

Well so far in 37 League / Cup games Ramsey has played 7 games, including many only 45 mins.

Costing City over £40,000 a week including signing on fee, plus bonuses.

It’s a BIG NO for me for next season.

Sat Feb 17, 2024 2:37 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Well so far in 37 League / Cup games Ramsey has played 7 games, including many only 45 mins.

Agreed, Annis. He had problems with injuries in his Arsenal days. He needs to retire.

Sat Feb 17, 2024 2:38 pm

He'll retire at the end of this season.

Sat Feb 17, 2024 2:41 pm

Hopefully he will decide enough is enough, we can't afford to carry him another season

Totally agree makes me feel like shit rather not have him then we haven’t got to go through this disappointment all the time

Ramsey picked up a knock ahead of the game against Norwich which ruled him out for the trip to East Anglia. The initial hope is that the injury is not a severe one, however manager Bulut will likely shed more light on that after the match.

Sat Feb 17, 2024 2:45 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Well so far in 37 League / Cup games Ramsey has played 7 games, including many only 45 mins.

Sadly I have to agree.

Can’t be paying a player who is hardly fit that much, despite how good he is.

Re: Updated: Aaron Ramsey out for up to 6 weeks:

Sat Feb 17, 2024 2:47 pm

This is sad news
I feel for him , his body is knackered
Can’t see any point him being here next season , we need to build a team without him
Hopefully he can start coaching

Sat Feb 17, 2024 2:49 pm

Hate to say it but I think it's time he hangs his boots up

Sat Feb 17, 2024 2:49 pm

Gutted he has come here because he loves the club not many do that.When hes on the pitch fully fit he is brilliant. Not his fault hes worked hard done his best .Definitely worth bringing him back .good luck to him he'll no when enough is enough and thats not yet .
Retire no chance

Sat Feb 17, 2024 2:50 pm

Thought it was 25k a week ? .that was reported on here.

Sat Feb 17, 2024 2:52 pm

2 year contract too , he played a bit last year in France and would of been happy with 25 plus games frustrating this season tbh it's the one player we are missing colwil must step up and I hope he does .

Sat Feb 17, 2024 2:52 pm

Sadly this could be retirement for him
Gutted but we cannot Carry someone in such a high wage that isn't playing

Sat Feb 17, 2024 2:55 pm

Yep - time to hang up the boots and get those coaching badges.

Sat Feb 17, 2024 3:02 pm

Really hope he can get another couple of years playing because I'm sure he wants that.

As for what he's being paid, who cares!? That's between him and the club. Injuries happen unfortunately- part and parcel of football.

Sat Feb 17, 2024 3:10 pm

Einstein wrote:He'll retire at the end of this season.

Will he...? :?

I sincerely hope not. The guy is the diamond in our midfield and once fit, he will shine again...

I feel he will play his part before this season is out and will want to lead Wales in the summer; but if that has to be next season, so be it...

Patience is required here. We are lucky to have him but sadly that won't stop others writing him off before his time...

Sat Feb 17, 2024 3:11 pm

This season has been a nightmare for him,if he wants to continue playing,the club could offer a pay as you play contract??

Sat Feb 17, 2024 3:16 pm

Hate to be right on this one but I said at the start of the season this would happen.

Massive shame as when he is fit we're a better team with him in it but it's fair to say its hasn't worked out.

Sat Feb 17, 2024 3:33 pm

caerblue wrote:This season has been a nightmare for him,if he wants to continue playing,the club could offer a pay as you play contract??

Hes on a two year contract so ges here next season

Sat Feb 17, 2024 4:29 pm

I'd rather see 10 games of Ramsey football ar 60 grand a week than the shit we been playing without him. We are the 6th highest paying club in the championship and some of the players are taking the piss. We need at least another 8 players in close season and that's just to take place of the dross we have to get rid evev if it means on a free.

Sat Feb 17, 2024 4:30 pm

Massive disappointment being so injury prone

Sat Feb 17, 2024 5:18 pm

Sick-Note Rambo. Time to retire.

We need your salary for someone we can rely on week after week! :wave:

Sat Feb 17, 2024 5:53 pm

Sven wrote:
Einstein wrote:He'll retire at the end of this season.

Will he...? :?

I sincerely hope not. The guy is the diamond in our midfield and once fit, he will shine again...

I feel he will play his part before this season is out and will want to lead Wales in the summer; but if that has to be next season, so be it...

Patience is required here. We are lucky to have him but sadly that won't stop others writing him off before his time...

Agree as I wrote on other thread. Hes such a talent that he would stand out clearly from our players. But always been a bit injury prone. But such a good person to have around the club including coaching youth or senior in future maybe

Sat Feb 17, 2024 6:16 pm

MR BIRCHGROVE wrote:Sick-Note Rambo. Time to retire.

Read this and weep, Mr Birchgrove and barnut blue... :ayatollah:

Bulut on Rambo and Perry Ng, "While neither seem too severe, it looks unlikely that Ramsey will feature against Blackburn Rovers on Tuesday evening, while Ng is also touch and go.

"For Tuesday, I think it will be difficult," Bulut said of Ramsey. "He got injured, he has a strain on his calf. That's why he didn't play."

Sat Feb 17, 2024 6:21 pm

Sven, use your special powers and change the guessers headline

Cheers

Sat Feb 17, 2024 6:34 pm

MR BIRCHGROVE wrote:Sick-Note Rambo. Time to retire.

Sick note Ramsey????????????????????????????????????? You've lost your mind here, give your head a wobble & show some loyalty to someone who has shown more loyalty to the club than 99.9% of players we've ever had.

Sat Feb 17, 2024 6:34 pm

Said he wouldn't play many games when he signed so I expect nothing different tbh. Waste of money imo when you weigh it all up if true but I'm not paying him :bluescarf:
Last edited by Bluebird1977 on Sat Feb 17, 2024 6:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sat Feb 17, 2024 6:35 pm

Bulut said one week on Call Rob,

Re: Updated: Aaron Ramsey out for Norwich and Blackburn

Sat Feb 17, 2024 7:51 pm

barnet blue wrote:Updated:

Heard that Ramsey is out for 4-6 weeks with another knock.

Not sure how true this is, but that’s what I’ve been told.

And now reported on the radio

Should Ramsey Retire?

I heard you are a deliberate negative where the Bluebirds are concerned, barnut blue...

There'll be no need to update that comment later on, eh...? ;) :laughing6: