Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

What will the result be of Norwich City v Cardiff City?

Poll ended at Sat Feb 17, 2024 5:35 pm

Norwich City win (10/11)
69%
Cardiff City win (3/1)
13%
Draw (5/2)
19%

Total votes : 32

MATCH THREAD: “ NORWICH CITY v CARDIFF CITY “ MATCH THREAD

Wed Feb 14, 2024 5:35 pm

NORWICH CITY v CARDIFF CITY
Saturday 17th February, 3pm
Sky Bet Championship
Carrow Road

Team:

Horvath; Romeo, Goutas, Phillips, Collins, Wilson-Esbrand; Siopis, Ralls, Colwill; Grant, Diedhiou.

Erol Bulut:

Striker Meite out injured

But Striker Grant is back

“Macca will be out for 8 weeks”

“Callum Robinson had a virus and is getting back , but training on his own.”

“O’Dowda had his first light training session last week, we hope to have him back playing in March.”

“We have a near full and fit squad.”

Alnswick out injured.

The Opposition's Manager

David Wagner was appointed Norwich manager in January 2023.

He is best known for his time at Huddersfield, where he won the Championship play-off final and then kept them in the Premier League the following season.

He also had a spell in charge of Schalke in Germany.

Opposition Dangerous Players

Josh Sargent has eight league goals this season.

Gabriel Sara has 15 goal involvements in the league this season.

Head To Head 

Norwich beat us 3-2 at CCS in November.

That was one of four wins for them in the last five meetings, with us winning the other one.

Team News - Predicted Line-Ups

Norwich City: Gunn, Stacey, Sorensen, Gibson, Giannoulis, Sara, McLean, Hernandez, Sainz, Barnes, Sargent

Cardiff City: Horvath, Ng, Goutas, Phillips, Collins, Wintle, Turnbull, Colwill, Wilson-Esbrand, Meite, Diedhiou

Last Game

We lost away at West Brom on Tuesday night.

On the same night, Norwich won at home to Watford.

Match Odds

Norwich City - 10/11
Cardiff City - 3/1
Draw - 5/2

Predictions

Post your predictions below  :thumbright:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: LATEST NEWS “ NORWICH CITY v CARDIFF CITY “ MATCH THREAD

Wed Feb 14, 2024 7:22 pm

2-1 Norwich, only if we score from a set piece.

Re: TEAM NEWS: “ NORWICH CITY v CARDIFF CITY “ MATCH THREAD

Wed Feb 14, 2024 7:57 pm

Erol Bulut:

“Macca will be out for 6 weeks”

“Callum Robinson had a virus and is getting back , but training on his own.”

“O’Dowda had his first light training session last week, we hope to have him back playing in March.”

“We have a near full and fit squad.”
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:24 pm

Robinsons virus is nearly as long as the whole pandemic at this point.

Horrible away trip for us. Cannot see us getting a sniff.

Wed Feb 14, 2024 11:54 pm

Norwich City injury news -

Norwich's 2-2 draw against Queens Park Rangers followed by a 4-2 victory over Watford at Carrow Roads sums up their season of inconsistency at times. Yet, here David Wagner's side are, in the race for the play-offs.

With just a few months remaining in the current campaign, those in Norfolk received the perfect boost when Jonathan Rowe returned from injury in the middle of a busy December period. Rowe's numbers represent a player at the top of his game, with 13 goals and four assists to his name, and highlight just how crucial he is for Wagner's side.

Having only just returned in December, however, the winger is set for another spell on the sidelines. According to Wagner, Rowe is set to be out until May after suffering a hamstring injury against QPR. The former Huddersfield Town boss said via The Pink Un: "Unfortunately, it is a serious hamstring injury. I can't give a serious timeframe, but we speak more about a couple of months rather than weeks.

"We have to wait and see for the first four weeks how he progresses in his rehab to give a clearer picture of his timeframe. We strongly hope that we will get him back at the end of the season and that he will play for us. Hopefully, the season will not be finished at the beginning of May."

Thu Feb 15, 2024 7:22 am

Can you pay on the day ??

Thu Feb 15, 2024 7:42 am

Updated:

Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:46 am

In June / July / August / September and October Erol Bulut continued to say:

Remember:

Erol Bulut: “I play exciting and attacking football and go to score goals and my players fight to the end.”

Erol Buluts recent run:

17 pts in 17 games (51 pts) & failure to score in 10 of last 18 is shockingly bad and the worse part is, We don’t at all look like we can improve on this record.

Dire and boring football for over 4 months.

Bulut said his teams would be attacking and exciting and would never give up.

Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:58 am

Good News for Cardiff:

The Canaries’ top scorer this season is Jonathan Rowe, who has netted on 12 occasions in the Sky Bet Championship this campaign.

However, Saturday’s hosts have been dealt an injury blow, as Rowe is set for a spell on the sidelines with a hamstring injury.

Brazilian playmaker Sara has also impressed this season, having netted six league goals.

He has also been a key provider for the Canaries, recording nine assists in the league.

Thu Feb 15, 2024 12:01 pm

SB 1927 wrote:Robinsons virus is nearly as long as the whole pandemic at this point.
Horrible away trip for us. Cannot see us getting a sniff.

Robinsons virus is

"Workshystytis"

Thu Feb 15, 2024 12:21 pm

6th Jan FA CUP 3rd Sheffield Wednesday 4 Cardiff City 0 Crowd 10,955 Away Support (411)

13/01/2024 Cardiff City 0 Leeds United 3 Crowd 25,991 Away Support 3,236

20/01/2024 Plymouth Argyle 3 Cardiff City 1 Crowd 16,471 Away Support 1,733

03/02/2024 Watford 0 Cardiff City 1 Crowd 19,734 Away Support 2,104

10/02/2024 Cardiff City 0 Preston 2 Crowd 18,763. Away Support 562

13/02/2024 West Bromwich Albion 2 Cardiff City 0 Crowd 23,541 Away Support 1,629

17/02/2024 Norwich City v Cardiff City Crowd Away Support

20/02/2024 19:45 Blackburn v Cardiff City Crowd Away Support

24/02/2024 15:00 Cardiff City v Stoke City Crowd Away Support

02/03/2024 12:30pm Bristol City v Cardiff City Crowd Away Support
06/03/2024 19:45 Huddersfield Town (h)

Live on Sky 09/03/2024 12:30pm Ipswich Town (h)

16/03/2024 15:00 Swansea City (a)
29/03/2024 15:00 Sunderland (h)

Thu Feb 15, 2024 5:25 pm

Another pounding coming up

Thu Feb 15, 2024 8:57 pm

Striker Meite out injured

But Striker Grant is back

Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:00 pm

Erol Bukut:

“Even if we lose points, We have to fight the end and attack the opposition.”

Fri Feb 16, 2024 12:07 am

Cardiff City travel to Norwich City on Saturday in the Championship.

The visitors come into the game on the back of a defeat in their last match, having lost to West Bromwich Albion 2-0 away.

The Canaries, meanwhile, won their last match, 4-2 against Watford, with their goals scored by Ashley Barnes, Christian Fassnacht, Gabriel Sara and Joshua Sargent.

With 54 goals in 32 games so far this season, Norwich are scoring more than average in the league with 1.7 goals per game. But they are conceding more than average too, letting in 49 goals at a rate of 1.5 per game.

Cardiff, meanwhile, are below average scorers, with 1.2 goals per game, compared to a league average of 1.4. They have conceded 1.4 goals per game.

In the last 10 years, Norwich and Cardiff have played each other on 12 occasions. Norwich won nine of them and Cardiff three.

Fri Feb 16, 2024 12:35 am

On average, the Canaries scored 2.0 goals and the Bluebirds 1.3 in those matches.

Their last meeting was on November 11, when Norwich won 3-2 away.

Norwich City are in good form in the Championship, with four wins and a draw from their last six games.

With two wins and four losses over that period, Cardiff City's form is much worse – they have taken six points from 18, compared to the Canaries' 13.

In Jon Rowe, the home side have one of the league's sharpest shooters so far this season. He has notched 12 goals in 28 appearances, to sit sixth in the scoring charts.

Fri Feb 16, 2024 12:37 am

Norwich are eighth in the table after 32 games, of which they have won 14 and drawn six, earning 48 points.

The visitors are six places behind Norwich in 14th, with 12 wins and four draws putting them on 40 points.

Saturday's match will be refereed by Darren Bond, who has taken charge of eight Championship games so far this season, issuing one red card and booking 36 players. He has awarded four penalties.

The last Cardiff game Bond refereed was the 2-1 win at home against Sheffield Wednesday on August 26. He is yet to oversee a match featuring Norwich this season.

Fri Feb 16, 2024 10:36 am

Time for Erol to dig deep and pull out a draw or win

Fri Feb 16, 2024 10:40 am

A massive f**k all imo is what we are going to get but let's live in hope.

Fri Feb 16, 2024 11:41 pm

Former Norwich City forward Iwan Roberts believes Borja Sainz has started to show the quality required to step up in Jonathan Rowe’s absence.

Rowe was substituted in the second half during Norwich’s 2-2 draw against QPR on Saturday, and David Wagner has since confirmed that the forward suffered a hamstring injury. As a result, the 20-year-old is expected to be out until April in a major blow to Norwich’s push for the Championship play-offs.

In 25 league appearances this season, Rowe has scored 12 goals. He was in strong form before sustaining his injury, striking in important victories over promotion-chasing Hull and West Brom.

Although the injury will be a setback for the Canaries, Wagner has several players available to replace Rowe, including Onel Hernandez and Christian Fassnacht. In addition, Norwich showed their capabilities of coping without their talented youngster after notching a 4-2 home win over Watford on Tuesday.

One player who has caught the eye of former Canary Roberts though is Borja Sainz. The former Norwich striker, when writing his regular column for the Pink Un, said the Spanish forward has shown glimpses of quality that could land him a regular starting spot in Rowe’s absence.

“City do have a good back up though with Borja Sainz, someone I really like. I don’t want to go over the top but he really is looking the part.”

Initially, Sainz struggled to make an instant impact after moving to Carrow Road from Turkish side Giresunspor in the 2023 summer window. The 22-year-old had to wait until mid-December to make his first Norwich start, but seized the opportunity with a goal and assist during a 3-1 win against Sheffield Wednesday.

Sat Feb 17, 2024 8:43 am

Norwich City v Cardiff City

Match Odds

Norwich City - 10/11
Cardiff City - 3/1
Draw - 5/2

Sat Feb 17, 2024 11:41 am

Tuesday night is my last game of the season. Staying with my parents after the game and heading back to Cirencester on Wednesday morning. I’m fed up of all the negativity and shite performances over and over again. Unless huge changes are made over the summer break then I’m not renewing.

#TanOut

Sat Feb 17, 2024 12:49 pm

ArmyBarmy1987 wrote:Tuesday night is my last game of the season. Staying with my parents after the game and heading back to Cirencester on Wednesday morning. I’m fed up of all the negativity and shite performances over and over again. Unless huge changes are made over the summer break then I’m not renewing.

#TanOut

So your not going anymore because we are not winning every game :shock:

Sat Feb 17, 2024 12:52 pm

ArmyBarmy1987 wrote:Tuesday night is my last game of the season. Staying with my parents after the game and heading back to Cirencester on Wednesday morning. I’m fed up of all the negativity and shite performances over and over again. Unless huge changes are made over the summer break then I’m not renewing.

#TanOut

You should get a season ticket at Man City if you want to see a team that wins every week.

I support the club so will have a season ticket for next season no matter what.

Sat Feb 17, 2024 12:55 pm

For the love of God I hope that Collins gets stuck in his hotel room and isn't available for selection.

Sat Feb 17, 2024 1:01 pm

Bluebird1977 wrote:A massive f**k all imo is what we are going to get but let's live in hope.

All games of late I live in hope.

Sat Feb 17, 2024 1:04 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:

#TanOut

You should get a season ticket at Man City if you want to see a team that wins every week.

I support the club so will have a season ticket for next season no matter what.

I never mentioned winning every week. You love putting words into your own head. Good for you if you go again next season… I’ve been a season ticket holder since 2002 and I have lost the passion. Preston last week was dire and the atmosphere was non-existent. It has been all season apart from the Swansea game I start a new position with the Army in June which means I’ll be away quite a lot and I’m sick of commuting every week to watch shite football. Once Tan fucks off, I’ll renew. Until then, Blackburn home (which will be another defeat) will be my last game.

Sat Feb 17, 2024 1:06 pm

Bluebird1977 wrote:

#TanOut

So your not going anymore because we are not winning every game :shock:

You’re another one, putting words into your own head. Where the f**k have I mentioned ‘winning’?

There isn’t an ounce of passion in this team.

Sat Feb 17, 2024 1:09 pm

I'll continue to support the team as always but I do agree with ArmyBarmy that there is 0 passion shown by the players.

Sat Feb 17, 2024 1:11 pm

Roath_Blue wrote:I'll continue to support the team as always but I do agree with ArmyBarmy that there is 0 passion shown by the players.

You watch them make me eat my words today and batter Norwich :lol: :lol: