Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Siopis and Wintle

Mon Feb 12, 2024 9:24 pm

O.k. two holding midfielders But why on earth when they get the ball don't they look forward to create something instead of taking the safe option of sideways or backwards . Is this something Bullit has told them they must do? If so how the hell do we break teams down and score ?

Re: Siopis and Wintle

Mon Feb 12, 2024 11:36 pm

jonohowells wrote:O.k. two holding midfielders But why on earth when they get the ball don't they look forward to create something instead of taking the safe option of sideways or backwards . Is this something Bullit has told them they must do? If so how the hell do we break teams down and score ?

Only 1 of the 2 should start (imo ) - but then again depends on what system the manger decides to play ???

Tue Feb 13, 2024 8:16 am

TopCat CCFC wrote:
jonohowells wrote:O.k. two holding midfielders But why on earth when they get the ball don't they look forward to create something instead of taking the safe option of sideways or backwards . Is this something Bullit has told them they must do? If so how the hell do we break teams down and score ?

Only 1 of the 2 should start (imo ) - but then again depends on what system the manger decides to play ???

Agreed! Its not as if we're solid at the back and concede few goals. Also get run over alot in midfield. Its not effective.

Tue Feb 13, 2024 8:18 am

Also, Wintle is the obvious candidate for the bench; but we get nost of our goals from Wintle set pieces.

I cant see Bulut changing it. A bit like a turkish Southgate :laughing6:

Tue Feb 13, 2024 8:59 am

Sorry to disagree they were Ralls set prices, wintle is hit or miss lately.

Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:25 am

Bluebird 67 wrote:Sorry to disagree they were Ralls set prices, wintle is hit or miss lately.

Agree 1000% Ralls sets pieces are far better than wintles, most of wintles deliveries don't get over the first man awfull.

Tue Feb 13, 2024 12:07 pm

If Ralls is fighting fit I'd start him with and Turnbull and Colwill in the number 10 role.I don't think Rambo is quite there yet.

Tue Feb 13, 2024 1:30 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:If Ralls is fighting fit I'd start him with and Turnbull and Colwill in the number 10 role.I don't think Rambo is quite there yet.

agree with this

Wed Feb 14, 2024 1:37 pm

taff555 wrote:
Bluebird 67 wrote:Sorry to disagree they were Ralls set prices, wintle is hit or miss lately.

Agree 1000% Ralls sets pieces are far better than wintles, most of wintles deliveries don't get over the first man awfull.

Turnbull put in some nice free kicks and corners last night.

Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:49 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:If Ralls is fighting fit I'd start him with and Turnbull and Colwill in the number 10 role.I don't think Rambo is quite there yet.

Ramsey has to start even if he is not fully fit

Head and shoulders above anything else we have in the squad