Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Meite 49 goals in 107 starts for ex-Championship club Readin

Sun Feb 11, 2024 8:12 pm

Meite 49 goals in 107 starts for ex-Championship club Reading - 0ne strike in 18 League starts for Cardiff would suggest Bulut is not coaching him correctly or utilising tactics to display his strengths.

Remember Lamouchi got us getting the ball in to the box for Strikers to score goals.

Re: Meite 49 goals in 107 starts for ex-Championship club Re

Sun Feb 11, 2024 8:25 pm

I honestly believe Haaland would struggle in this team. You don’t provide service to your strikers you don’t score goals, it’s not rocket science.

Sun Feb 11, 2024 8:43 pm

I got slated yesterday for saying the same thing, according to most on here we don't score because we play Etete but this stat alone shows we are a graveyard for forwards and have been for a long time.

Sun Feb 11, 2024 8:55 pm

Welshman in CA wrote:I got slated yesterday for saying the same thing, according to most on here we don't score because we play Etete but this stat alone shows we are a graveyard for forwards and have been for a long time.

"Slated" or just agreed with? :laughing6:

For the topic... We are 23rd with just Rotherham below us in "touches in oppositions box". Strikers' stats drop when they come to Cardiff in recent years, and then grow after they leave.

Sun Feb 11, 2024 9:01 pm

I feel like it doesn't matter who we have upfront, we play sideways and backwards football with no creativity most of the time.

What we need is for a fit Rambo and Colwill to really get some creativity going into the team, hopefully then we can see our strikers finding the net

Mon Feb 12, 2024 9:08 am

Was Meite used as the Target Man/Bully boy kind of forward or was he more a winger for Reading? He always strikes me as he could be useful holding the ball up maybe or bullying CBs

Mon Feb 12, 2024 9:55 am

Bit disingenuous not to mention his long term injury and subsequent poor last season at Reading.

Man's lost a lot of pace since he scored the majority of those goals.