Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

OUR NEW STRIKER ?

Sun Feb 11, 2024 1:12 pm

We decided not to go for keiffer moore he would cost to much so we went for this guy from granada he came on yesterday on 60 minutes difference to etete end product nothing.
Moore came on for ipswich as a substitute 2nd half scored 2 goals on his debut
You pay for what you get they both have not been playing regular either before i am told he has'nt played much.

Re: OUR NEW STRIKER ?

Sun Feb 11, 2024 1:39 pm

But moore played yesterday and scored nothing!!

Sun Feb 11, 2024 1:43 pm

Ugbo scored 2 for Wednesday also on his debut but scored nothing for months for us. It cant always be our strikers. It's the supply.
Our new striker will bed in and get us a couple soon I'm sure

Sun Feb 11, 2024 1:46 pm

montyblue wrote:We decided not to go for keiffer moore he would cost to much so we went for this guy from granada he came on yesterday on 60 minutes difference to etete end product nothing.
You pay for what you get they both have not been playing regular either before i am told he has'nt played much.

I am comparing there debuts and the time they both had as subs .

Sun Feb 11, 2024 1:48 pm

Bambasbestbuddy22 wrote:But moore played yesterday and scored nothing!!

I am comparing there debuts and tge time they both had as subs.

Sun Feb 11, 2024 2:02 pm

montyblue wrote:
montyblue wrote:We decided not to go for keiffer moore he would cost to much so we went for this guy from granada he came on yesterday on 60 minutes difference to etete end product nothing.

I am comparing there debuts and the time they both had as subs .

What about players they play with or opposition played? All make a big difference extremely big difference Ipswich and City play wise as well... but there again lets bomb the player after 3omins game time :clap:

Sun Feb 11, 2024 2:24 pm

It was known that it would take a few games for Diedhiou to get up to speed.

Moore has been playing a few minutes here and there for Bournemouth so has better match fitness.

As has been said above, Moore started yesterday and did nothing really.

Diedhiou didn’t really get any opportunities yesterday. He had one shot from way out that was wildly off target but nothing apart from that.

I won’t compare players to Moore because he’s someone else’s player, don’t really care what he does apart from for Wales.

Sun Feb 11, 2024 3:03 pm

Thought in would not take long for the excuses to come in after been told how well he did with bristol etc and he' s not match fit we will wait and see if we have purchased a thoroughbred or a donkey from spain.

Sun Feb 11, 2024 3:03 pm

Haaland would struggle to find the net with our set-up. Isolated striker with no decent crosses coming in. You need support and service as a striker, ideally a strike partner. #strikers graveyard

Sun Feb 11, 2024 3:09 pm

Yes i know how to plsy football and know its all a out supply and feeding the striker the quality we have to supply etc
what i am trying to get at is we have not pushed the boat out for a striker we have at the last minute dug down into bargain basement for a striker and thats what i was reffering to you get what you pay for.

Sun Feb 11, 2024 3:14 pm

montyblue wrote:Thought in would not take long for the excuses to come in after been told how well he did with bristol etc and he' s not match fit we will wait and see if we have purchased a thoroughbred or a donkey from spain.

Well it took you 30 mins to decide he was crap ...
But there again you didn't need an excuse to fo that.

Sun Feb 11, 2024 3:16 pm

Yes - true. I yearn for the days of Chopra, Bothroyd, McCormack. Apart from that brief sunshine season with Moore, we've had an absolute dearth of attacking talent for years.

Those clowns in charge see us as customers. Well, my consumer feedback is City are a sub-standard product right now.

Sun Feb 11, 2024 3:22 pm

Tuna Pasta Bake wrote:Yes - true. I yearn for the days of Chopra, Bothroyd, McCormack. Apart from that brief sunshine season with Moore, we've had an absolute dearth of attacking talent for years.

Those clowns in charge see us as customers. Well, my consumer feedback is City are a sub-standard product right now.

In the brief spell that Keiffer was here, was he more prolific when Giles was here?

Sun Feb 11, 2024 3:23 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
montyblue wrote:Thought in would not take long for the excuses to come in after been told how well he did with bristol etc and he' s not match fit we will wait and see if we have purchased a thoroughbred or a donkey from spain.

Did' nt take you long to appear to argue with anything i say you' d argue with your own shadow
did i say he was crap "no" did i compare him with proven and quality strikers yes hence bargain basement
Some strikers can make things happen themselves you know they don' t all have to have it put on a plate for them to score.

Sun Feb 11, 2024 3:24 pm

Watch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7fjDS0jKiE

Sun Feb 11, 2024 3:34 pm

Llanbluebird

Good question. He probably was. I think we also had Wilson then didn't we? So Moore had quality supply. Keiffer would be isolated and pi55ed off if he was playing in this City team.

Sun Feb 11, 2024 3:35 pm

Thought he was a lot better than Etete held the ball up and linked up with the midfield, he needs to start and have a run of games .

Sun Feb 11, 2024 3:38 pm

montyblue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Did' nt take you long to appear to argue with anything i say you' d argue with your own shadow
did i say he was crap "no" did i compare him with proven and quality strikers yes hence bargain basement
Some strikers can make things happen themselves you know they don' t all have to have it put on a plate for them to score.

You backed track about what you said ? You said others made excuses quickly about y didn't score I just pointed out you were quik to say he was crap which basically you have Done compared to moore?

Sun Feb 11, 2024 3:40 pm

30 mins not enought time to assess a player but havung said that
when i saw Etete make his debut last season after 30 minutes my mind was made up and nothing has changed
He's sadly sh.te.

Sun Feb 11, 2024 3:46 pm

Give the guy a break!!! We were 2-0 down, playing shite and all but given up. I have no idea whether he will be any good but his record in the Championship ain't bad. And if he doesn't work out we haven't lost anything.

I am no fan of Tan but on our performances over the last 2 months its hardly surprising he is reluctant to splash the cash with this manager until he sees an improvement.

Sun Feb 11, 2024 3:46 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
montyblue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

You backed track about what you said ? You said others made excuses quickly about y didn't score I just pointed out you were quik to say he was crap which basically you have Done compared to moore?

Not back tracked at all "you" where singing this strikers praises during the transfer window how we he had done for bristol etc and worcester said keiffer moore had played a few more "minutes" more than our new stiker
so a few more minutes is a pretty lame excuse to me.

Sun Feb 11, 2024 4:06 pm

montyblue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
montyblue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Not back tracked at all "you" where singing this strikers praises during the transfer window how we he had done for bristol etc and worcester said keiffer moore had played a few more "minutes" more than our new stiker
so a few more minutes is a pretty lame excuse to me.

Monty
I never once mentioned this striker in fact not mentioned one of our signings in this window.. others have but not me! Having selective memory on what is said here is a very political trait :thumbup: anyway leave it at that otherwise you may make up other things that I've supposed to have said :roll:

Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:42 pm

His one strike nearly took out McDonalds drive through... but was decent to get in a space to get the shot off. I wont pass judgement until a solid run of 90mins.

He needs to start tomorrow. If he doesn't, then what's the point of the signing as Etete is offering zero.

Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:03 am

Farmer dido did not impress me last night had over 60 mins
You can usually see something after 30 mins i saw nothing last that made me think now thats what you call a striker or that's an improvment on etete.

Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:38 am

montyblue wrote:Farmer dido did not impress me last night had over 60 mins
You can usually see something after 30 mins i saw nothing last that made me think now thats what you call a striker or that's an improvment on etete.

Looked better than Etete to me. Only played a total of approximately one game remember.

Fri Feb 16, 2024 8:43 am

Lets hope our new stiker makes an attempt on goal after watching him saturday and mid week granted he only had 30 mins sat but had over an hour mid week so waiting in anticipation .

Mon Feb 19, 2024 7:01 pm

Any update on how he got on playing his 3rd game i missed the norwich match ?

Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:20 pm

montyblue wrote:Lets hope our new stiker makes an attempt on goal after watching him saturday and mid week granted he only had 30 mins sat but had over an hour mid week so waiting in anticipation .

He needs a goal .

Tue Feb 20, 2024 8:52 am

TopCat CCFC wrote:
montyblue wrote:Lets hope our new stiker makes an attempt on goal after watching him saturday and mid week granted he only had 30 mins sat but had over an hour mid week so waiting in anticipation .

He needs a goal .

The whole team needs a few TC :bluescarf: :thumbup:

Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:07 am

But Ipswich have a midfield and a game plan to give the strikers service