Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“ Team for Tuesday? “

Sun Feb 11, 2024 12:28 pm

Think we’ll see a number of changes for Tuesday.

Obviously we’ll be without Grant as he’s on loan from West Brom. Also wouldn’t be surprised to see Horvath replace Alnwick.

I thought Wilson-Esbrand did alright when he came on yesterday so maybe give him a start.

Surely we will bring back Colwill.

Maybe something like:

Horvath
Ng Goutas Phillips Collins
Turnbull Siopis
Wilson-Esbrand Colwill Meite
Diedhiou

Re: “ Team for Tuesday? “

Sun Feb 11, 2024 12:33 pm

2nd half team to start hopefully get 45 mins out of Rambo whether he starts or 2nd half.

Sun Feb 11, 2024 12:51 pm

Doesn’t matter what team we put out Tuesday, we all know what the result will be. The sooner he pisses off back to Turkey the better.

Sun Feb 11, 2024 1:05 pm

Worcester, don’t you like Alnwick? You seem to go with the alternatives when you suggest your team for next game.
Regarding the outfield players I hope Bulut takes advantage of not having Grant on the left wing and drops Bowler, too.
To change it completely, put 2 upfront, have Ruben and Rambo on from the off with an attacking/creative line up and give Perry and JC instructions to overlap.

Sun Feb 11, 2024 2:25 pm

Simplesimon wrote:Worcester, don’t you like Alnwick? You seem to go with the alternatives when you suggest your team for next game.
Regarding the outfield players I hope Bulut takes advantage of not having Grant on the left wing and drops Bowler, too.
To change it completely, put 2 upfront, have Ruben and Rambo on from the off with an attacking/creative line up and give Perry and JC instructions to overlap.

Alnwick was very poor yesterday. His distribution was very low quality and slow, as usual.

It’s obvious to most that Horvath was coming in to be number one and that will start on Tuesday I think.

Sun Feb 11, 2024 3:04 pm

Toothless upfront and leaking goals.

Needs to change something!

Colwill back in/Etete left in Wales would be my only demands.

Sun Feb 11, 2024 3:20 pm

Personally I would change it up a bit. Bulet won't and will probably go even more defensive.

This is what I would do. Three at the back wingbacks will have to give us the width, let Turnbull, Ramsey and Colwill float going forward with one sitting if the other two push. Two up top, not one against four like normal....

----------------------Alnwick-------------------------

-----------Goutas-------Ng--------Philips-----------
Grant----------------------------------------Esbrand

-----------Turnbull---Ramsey----Colwill-----------

-------------------Miete-----Diedhiou---------------

We don't have a wingback so Grant would have to do the job.

Sun Feb 11, 2024 3:23 pm

Einstein wrote:Personally I would change it up a bit. Bulet won't and will probably go even more defensive.

This is what I would do. Three at the back wingbacks will have to give us the width, let Turnbull, Ramsey and Colwill float going forward with one sitting if the other two push. Two up top, not one against four like normal....

Like I said in my post, Grant can’t play because he’s on loan from WBA.

Sun Feb 11, 2024 5:51 pm

Good point!

Sun Feb 11, 2024 5:57 pm

No one upfront on his own that's all I'm asking its boring and there's bound to be changes he can not hide that really :bluescarf:

Sun Feb 11, 2024 8:51 pm

Einstein wrote:Personally I would change it up a bit. Bulet won't and will probably go even more defensive.

I'd be happy with this. JC for Grant as there isn't much else.

Sun Feb 11, 2024 8:57 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Think we’ll see a number of changes for Tuesday.

Obviously we’ll be without Grant as he’s on loan from West Brom. Also wouldn’t be surprised to see Horvath replace Alnwick.

I thought Wilson-Esbrand did alright when he came on yesterday so maybe give him a start.

Surely we will bring back Colwill.

Maybe something like:

Horvath
Ng Goutas Phillips Collins
Turnbull Siopis
Wilson-Esbrand Colwill Meite
Diedhiou

I was thinking of exactly the same line up

Sun Feb 11, 2024 8:59 pm

---------------------------------------- Esbrand

-Tanner----------Turnbull---Ralls----Colwill-----------

Ramsey isn't fit

Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:33 pm

Will be amazed / surprised if the same 11 start from yesterday - changes need to be made .

Mon Feb 12, 2024 5:54 pm

I expect EB to go with his usual safety first line up and formation, followed by a 2 or 3-0 defeat.
Negative I know but I can't see him sending a team out to have a crack. He'd rather we try not to concede and then the inevitable happens because there is no outlet to take pressure off the defenders.

Mon Feb 12, 2024 6:47 pm

With grant an opportunity to stick bowler on the left to see if he can cross a ball if its a sh.t show pull him half time but would be intersting to see.

Mon Feb 12, 2024 7:12 pm

We will start defensive, at some point go 2 down and probably concede a few more when chasing the game,he can't play any other way and it is now monotonous.