Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

We are all angry

Sat Feb 10, 2024 11:47 pm

Let's face it none of us are happy but realistically who are we going to get if we sack our manager? No matter who we bring in now they are stuck with the same players. I believe in the summer if the manager gets a contract extension he will make us a better side I just don't think he trusts what we already have he's too worried to play with less than two holding midfielders. He's asking for patience and I'm with him we just got to get behind the team and finish where we finish you can't polish shite and half the team is just that unfortunately. The crazy thing out of all of this if we win our game in hand playoffs are still reachable but highly unlikely we will get them with home form that we have. We are in this mess from years of very poor running of the club which has resulted in very low quality on the pitch

Re: We are all angry

Sun Feb 11, 2024 8:41 am

Kyle we need to stop pretending about looking up, its down we need to be double checking.

11 points and 7 teams between us and QPR, 9 to Huddersfeild
7 points and 7 teams between us and 6th but 9 points to 5th because there are only 2 spots to go for as Ipswich (4th) are 20 points clear.

With 15 games for QPR I reckon they'd be beating their average points per game if they got 20, so its 9 points for us to be safe. That should be our only concern

We are not even winning our Wales and the west mini league !!!!!

Bulut walking wouldn't be disastrous but i wouldn't sack him. He doesn't look happy though. Homesickness, language, culture, the league who knows, but I believe its affecting the squad

We are where most thought or even hoped we'd be with this sqaud, but he did raised hope and it is the hope that kills you

Sun Feb 11, 2024 9:26 am

Lets face it, We have now have a reasonable squad of players (Yes we will always want better players in the squad) but we are having poor management and tactics which are not working. Team selection yesterday was dreadful, that was a crazy decision to put that starting 11 and leaving all that talent on the bench.

It is my opinion that if Bulut left tomorrow then it would not be a bad thing, his negativity is being transmitted throughout the club, and I can see why Tan/Dalaman/the Board are hesitant about giving him a new contract. The downward spiral started before Christmas when Bulut started talking openly about transfers of players he wanted to bring in, this discussion has stripped the players of confidence in the manager and his team selections are mystifying does not seam to have recognised what is needed to win matches especially at home. I do believe he is on his way to losing the dressing room.

Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:02 am

Lets get one thing right but this anger has not happened overnight.

We have been dreadful for a few months now and the club have thrown every excuse at us and continue to do so. I have read on another social media where guys claiming to have followed the club for 50 years are saying these are the worse performances ever. Of course there have been responses to that like "Did you support us through the Durban days" etc etc. Those were the days that finally took us to the Dungeon league, the old 4th Division.

Well lets put those days in context. The players we had then were lower quality than the league they were playing in. Still they tried and most of the play was desperate defending and our attack force created a handful of chances each game. Even so, their determination paid of with some good wins like a 4-0 away at Lincoln and a 4-3 at Chesterfield. I recall those days like they were yesterday and of late this squad are no where near matching it even though we have better players.

Ending on a positive note I feel we have a number of players we can build on to become a comfortable Championship side. We need to get rid of the crock that Morison brought in. Bulut need to get a lot more out of this lot than what he is getting else he will be shown the door. The board are going to need to invest if they want a successful club else they should sell up, accept their loss and hand over to someone that will.

Sun Feb 11, 2024 12:35 pm

A good manager would be looking up with our players..but bulut is crap.negative and boring... couldn't motivate a stag party

Sun Feb 11, 2024 1:09 pm

I have tried to feel positive about the club's future under Bulut, but after sitting on the fence for quite a while, I now firmly believe he doesn't have the motivation or tactical ability to take the club forward, quite the reverse in fact.

There are enough talented players at the club to produce much better performances that they have shown since the Bristol City game. Of course it's not all down to poor management but a large percentage of it is.

No, I'm afraid I have zero confidence that Bulut is the right man for our club.

Sun Feb 11, 2024 1:44 pm

At least if you want the current Manager gone, throw a few names into the hat who would come here.

Sun Feb 11, 2024 1:50 pm

Nobody wants to come here, nothing will change until Tan has gone, end of story.

Sun Feb 11, 2024 1:59 pm

rumpo kid wrote:At least if you want the current Manager gone, throw a few names into the hat who would come here.

Are you saying we should keep Bulut because of all the managers we could get he is the best ? If that's the case we are deeper in the brown stuff that even I thought possible.

Mon Feb 12, 2024 8:29 am

I think its rubbish to say no manager would come to Cardiff. Over this season city have gone with a supposed quality manager from abroad, they have backed it up as best they could, however I think Tan/Dalman/ The board have shown due patience with Bulut. He has been openly critical of the board to the press, he has spouted off about naming players he would like, he has been critical about the players to the press and he has made some curious team selections coupled with negative tactics which in my opinion has resulted in him starting to lose the changing room. All this and he is still in situ, so any prospective manager out there will be thinking, yes they are a reasonable bet and as a club seam to be improving the way they behave. I think if we were to fire the Bulut ( sorry about the pun) then we would have no problem about getting a good replacement ( Cooper !) :bluebird:

P.S. I think Bulut is starting to skate on thin ice!

Mon Feb 12, 2024 11:29 am

Whistler wrote:I think its rubbish to say no manager would come to Cardiff. Over this season city have gone with a supposed quality manager from abroad, they have backed it up as best they could, however I think Tan/Dalman/ The board have shown due patience with Bulut. He has been openly critical of the board to the press, he has spouted off about naming players he would like, he has been critical about the players to the press and he has made some curious team selections coupled with negative tactics which in my opinion has resulted in him starting to lose the changing room. All this and he is still in situ, so any prospective manager out there will be thinking, yes they are a reasonable bet and as a club seam to be improving the way they behave. I think if we were to fire the Bulut ( sorry about the pun) then we would have no problem about getting a good replacement ( Cooper !) :bluebird:

Totally agree

Mon Feb 12, 2024 11:34 am

Whistler wrote:I think its rubbish to say no manager would come to Cardiff. Over this season city have gone with a supposed quality manager from abroad, they have backed it up as best they could, however I think Tan/Dalman/ The board have shown due patience with Bulut. He has been openly critical of the board to the press, he has spouted off about naming players he would like, he has been critical about the players to the press and he has made some curious team selections coupled with negative tactics which in my opinion has resulted in him starting to lose the changing room. All this and he is still in situ, so any prospective manager out there will be thinking, yes they are a reasonable bet and as a club seam to be improving the way they behave. I think if we were to fire the Bulut ( sorry about the pun) then we would have no problem about getting a good replacement ( Cooper !) :bluebird:

i would love cooper but i just cant see him wanting the job. other than cooper who else would do a good job ? all the better managers are at the promotion pushing clubs already

Mon Feb 12, 2024 2:18 pm

wez1927 wrote:

Totally agree

Cooper? Would love that. Its never going to happen. I have no trust in Tan/Dalman ability to appoint a manager. The last decade screams of it. All playing predictable football, not a lot of entertainment for our die hard fans, its not as if we lose and i feel compelled to cheer off our players for having a right good go at it and playing well. Cant remember when that last happened. The best appointment Tan can make is a DOF or similar and trust and listen to him re managerial appointments and playing style that actually puts bums on seats. It will be on his head then not Tans if it fails.

Onwards and upwards. :ayatollah: