Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: MY VIEW: CARDIFF FANS BOO THE TEAM OFF AS CARDIFF CITY’S

Sat Feb 10, 2024 5:52 pm

I said before the game and the other day in a post on here if we go with the 1 up top in the middle at home it kills me. The game was over b4 anything was done and that didn't get any better tbh. I don't care if we got a team of freebies more or less them and the managers team set and tactics didn't cut it today that's the bottom line. :ayatollah:

Sat Feb 10, 2024 5:53 pm

I thought the 1st half hour we played some decent attacking football, right up until the counter attack and goal.

I do believe that it was a stone wall penalty on Etete, defender had his hand screwed up in the front of Etete’s top and pulled him down.

The ref was absolutely awful at times, Preston defenders should have both been booked in the 1st half. Etete comes across just like Josh Murphy used too, things don’t go his way and he throws his arms about. In the 2nd half he ran across the centre circle then stopped as thought the ball was going out from Grants clearance. He just didn’t want to press.

EB got the staring lineup completely wrong today, Wintle or Etete shouldn’t have started, I would have gone with Meite/Diedhou and Colwill/Ramsey starting. The changes made seemed too little too late at 2-0 down.

Surely after 6 months EB should know that if you lose the crowd during a game it’s not a good outcome.

Grant should have left Ramseys layback for Turnbull, he was in a better position to take a shot than Grant was.
It was difficult playing againt 12 men today, ref didn’t even care about Preston’s time wasting antics

Sat Feb 10, 2024 6:32 pm

Funny the usual posters ready to pounce on me have disappeared lol

Sat Feb 10, 2024 6:32 pm

Replies:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Feb 10, 2024 6:33 pm

Replies:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Feb 10, 2024 6:33 pm

Updated:

Sat Feb 10, 2024 6:38 pm

Many on here questioning why Bulut hasn’t he offered a new contract. That debacle tells you why. No pace, creativity, movement, fight or passion. Flattered to deceive early part of the season but we are an awful team.

Sat Feb 10, 2024 7:16 pm

Erol Bulut:

"We have new players and we will try to adapt them as quickly as possible.

"But of course, they have to know their teammates much better. This will come with the next games."

Sat Feb 10, 2024 7:32 pm

Keep playing Etete he will be gone.

Sat Feb 10, 2024 7:40 pm

Llantwit Blue wrote:Keep playing Etete he will be gone.

Watch yourself as Lenge will be on you as apparently Etete 23 yrs old this year is still a kid?

Sat Feb 10, 2024 9:05 pm

There’s no pace in this side, apart from that new guy who came on. That’s a big problem at this level.

Sat Feb 10, 2024 9:08 pm

rumpo kid wrote:There’s no pace in this side, apart from that new guy who came on. That’s a big problem at this level.

Both Grant and Bowler have pace, so does Tanner. Wilson-Esbrands looks like he has pace too. The problem isn’t pace, it’s that when they make their runs the ball is turned and played sidewards

Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:14 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
ArmyBarmy1987 wrote:Bulut out!

Tan and his Clowns out as well

I’d love that annis

Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:14 pm

Good first 20 minutes but after we 1 down we were clueless.

Being out fought for the ball
An inability to cross the ball
Lack of numbers in the box
Nobody wanting to have a shot

Ohhh what I would give for a decent striker

And what another sxxt ref wtf?? We don't half get them

That's my rant over :occasion5: :occasion5:

Thank god I'm on hols for the next 2 home games. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:18 pm

Forever Blue wrote:MY VIEW: CARDIFF FANS BOO THE TEAM OFF AS CARDIFF CITY’S DISMAL RECENT HOME RECORD CONTINUES BUT THIS TIME AGAINST PRESTON WHO HAVE AN AWFUL AWAY RECORD.

I cannot believe Bulut dropped our best player Rubin Colwill, he should of started the game.

Fans were leaving in their droves in the 80th min.

EROL BULUT NEEDS TO START TAKING RESPONSIBILITY FOR HIS TACTICS?

Plus we really need a proven striker, every year we are saying the same old story.

Cardiff with the bookies were clear favourites to win this home game.

Preston have recently struggled away from home, One Win in their last Seven Away games.
And Preston not Won away in last 5 matches.

Home debuts today for Nat Phillips and David Turnbull!
Eventually all of Buluts new players came on except the goalie.

Shock as Rubin Colwill was dropped.

Ramsey started the 2nd m-half.

FIRST-HALF: As soon as Cardiff conceded one goal it’s like they collapsed this half:
For 30 mins Cardiff were in control but were once again toothless upfront:

Riis Jakobsen 31Min Goal! Completely against the run of play. Riis scores.
A breakaway sees Riis played in down the left. He cuts inside Goutas, then Siopis, then fires into the bottom corner. First shot on target and first goal. Cardiff will be furious they haven't made their dominance count.

GOAL! Cardiff City 0-2 Preston North End (Whiteman 40)

Goal. Cardiff carved open again. Incredible and defence all over the place.

City booed off at h/t and then the ref was.

SECOND-HALF: Start of the half, Ramsey is on for WIntle. Wilson-Esbrand on, too, for Bowler.
As Etete was actually achieving nothing as usual, he was replaced by Striker Diedhiou in the 62nd min.

Alnwick made a fantastic save in the 65th min.

71st min: Turnbull off, Colwill on.

New Striker Diedhiou spins and shoots from 20 yards out - but it's way, way wide.

City clueless upfront.

84th min: Phillips off, Meite on.

CARDIFF CITY 0 PRESTON 2
H-T 0-2
Crowd
Away Support 380

Cardiff City: Alnwick; Ng, Phillips, Goutas, Collins; Siopis, Wintle; Bowler, Turnbull, Grant; Etete.

Subs: Horvath, Romeo, Ralls, Ramsey, Diedhiou, Meite, Colwill, Wilson-Esbrand, Tanner.

Shocking again annis to slow no pace starting to question bulut myself the home games have been dire since Bristol city no fight no nothing absolutely dire

Sat Feb 10, 2024 11:34 pm

snoopystorm wrote:
rumpo kid wrote:There’s no pace in this side, apart from that new guy who came on. That’s a big problem at this level.

Both Grant and Bowler have pace, so does Tanner. Wilson-Esbrands looks like he has pace too. The problem isn’t pace, it’s that when they make their runs the ball is turned and played sidewards

Grant and Bowler/Tanner, who play infrequently. So that’s two players plus maybe Esbrands. The rest are pedestrian, which is why they go sideways.

Sun Feb 11, 2024 7:59 am

SamCCFC1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:MY VIEW: CARDIFF FANS BOO THE TEAM OFF AS CARDIFF CITY’S DISMAL RECENT HOME RECORD CONTINUES BUT THIS TIME AGAINST PRESTON WHO HAVE AN AWFUL AWAY RECORD.

I cannot believe Bulut dropped our best player Rubin Colwill, he should of started the game.

Plus we really need a proven striker, every year we are saying the same old story.

Preston have recently struggled away from home, One Win in their last Seven Away games.

FIRST-HALF: As soon as Cardiff conceded one goal it’s like they collapsed this half:

A breakaway sees Riis played in down the left. He cuts inside Goutas, then Siopis, then fires into the bottom corner. First shot on target and first goal. Cardiff will be furious they haven't made their dominance count.

SECOND-HALF: Start of the half, Ramsey is on for WIntle. Wilson-Esbrand on, too, for Bowler.
As Etete was actually achieving nothing as usual, he was replaced by Striker Diedhiou in the 62nd min.

New Striker Diedhiou spins and shoots from 20 yards out - but it's way, way wide.

City clueless upfront.

CARDIFF CITY 0 PRESTON 2
H-T 0-2
Crowd
Away Support 380

Cardiff City: Alnwick; Ng, Phillips, Goutas, Collins; Siopis, Wintle; Bowler, Turnbull, Grant; Etete.

Subs: Horvath, Romeo, Ralls, Ramsey, Diedhiou, Meite, Colwill, Wilson-Esbrand, Tanner.

Shocking again annis to slow no pace starting to question bulut myself the home games have been dire since Bristol city no fight no nothing absolutely dire

It really was, and your right since Bristol City home we have been garbage.

Sun Feb 11, 2024 8:52 am

Forever Blue wrote:
SamCCFC1927 wrote:

City clueless upfront.

CARDIFF CITY 0 PRESTON 2
H-T 0-2
Crowd
Away Support 380

It really was, and your right since Bristol City home we have been garbage.

For me annis I think the board needs to go in fed up up of short term planning,they signed them players on deadline day we all know they ain’t buluts number one targets it was a panic just to make it look like oh we’ve backed the manager etc etc,from board level down the under 18’s there’s no plan structure nothing so sad to see :( :( the board knows how to play our fans they get the wales online boys to write crap week after week about our youngsters and our new signings etc it just papers over the cracks fans need to wake up and realise that the club don’t get better for me until the board leave we have someone who comes in knows what this club means us to us fans and stops treating us like we’re customers

Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:53 am

I still can't see any style or pattern to our game, other than pass it sideways and back. The lack of width suits away teams who just sit with 2 banks of 4 and say ok try and get through us...which of course we can't. We need wingers whipping crosses in from out wide instead of cutting in all the time into the traffic. Colwell must start Tuesday.

Sun Feb 11, 2024 2:55 pm

MoodyBluebird wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:What he did today to Rubin after all Rubin’s great performances has baffled me beyond.

His football is dire and tactics awful.

But these Clowns running our club won’t get any better than him.

Annis I agree with your first two sentences but definitely not the last one. Bulut has does nothing to show he's a cut above. He's probably one of the most negative coaches we've ever had and shows no inclination to attack even at home. Definitely no new contract unless there is a dramatic improvement.

But imagine going back to managers like Hudson and Morison

Sun Feb 11, 2024 3:00 pm

18,763 (562 Preston)