Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

ramsey to start ?

Tue Feb 06, 2024 1:59 pm

am i the only one that hopes he dont start against preston ? one just to protect him and bring him back nice and slow to full fitness and two for rubin to carry on building in confidence the way he is playing i think it would be a terrible choice to drop him now. he had such a good game against watford i was so impressed the way he was driving with the ball the players couldnt get close to him

Re: ramsey to start ?

Tue Feb 06, 2024 2:25 pm

I’m with you Kyle, just give Ramsey 20-30 mins on as a Sub.

Tue Feb 06, 2024 2:26 pm

I agree with you.

Think we should start with Colwill and give Ramsey 20-30 mins from the bench.

If we rush him, it could risk losing him for the rest of the season.

Tue Feb 06, 2024 2:26 pm

kyle08 wrote:am i the only one that hopes he dont start against preston ? one just to protect him and bring him back nice and

slow to full fitness and two for rubin to carry on building in confidence the way he is playing i think it would be a terrible choice to drop him now. he had such a good game against watford i was so impressed the way he was driving with the ball the players couldnt get close to him

Could we not drop wintle and replace with ramsey. Although i think rubin will keep his place ramsey on after 60 mins
As i have said i hope bulut does not swap Robinson for Rubin.

Tue Feb 06, 2024 2:55 pm

Yup I agree. Bring on after 60 ish minutes or make it 15 if we’re comfortably winning.

Tue Feb 06, 2024 6:13 pm

Spot on Kyle

Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:17 am

Agree ramsey off the bench.
I’d start Turnbull over colwill though

Wed Feb 07, 2024 12:05 pm

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:Agree ramsey off the bench.
I’d start Turnbull over colwill though

Why?

Wed Feb 07, 2024 12:44 pm

Agree with Ramsey off the bench, Colwill is playing great right now in his normal position, let's not push his development back

Wed Feb 07, 2024 1:45 pm

Roath_Blue wrote:Agree with Ramsey off the bench, Colwill is playing great right now in his normal position, let's not push his development back

…while also giving Ramsey a little extra recovery time.

Wed Feb 07, 2024 1:45 pm

Personally I would love to see Ramsey and Colwill play together. I agree 10 is Rubins best position, so maybe Rambo drops deeper or Rubin goes out wide , I just think 2 forward thinking fluid players , linking with each other, one experienced and the other learning his craft is a tantalizing prospect ,given the years of all the sideways and backwards passing we have endured since Dave Jones sides.
Would even consider Turnbull instead of Siopis who I loved when he started, but has become found out and wanting in recent months. Tell you one thing, its greta to have options in all positions now! :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 07, 2024 3:29 pm

100% agreed. It feels like an inevitable that he'll get injured again, so as slow as it takes in readiness for the Jacks (for me). Doubt we'll go up or down, so that's my next priority :laughing6:

Rubin has done enough to maintain his spot. I'd love to see Ramsey/Rubin link up at some point.

Wed Feb 07, 2024 7:15 pm

tangledupinblue wrote:Personally I would love to see Ramsey and Colwill play together. I agree 10 is Rubins best position, so maybe Rambo drops deeper or Rubin goes out wide , I just think 2 forward thinking fluid players , linking with each other, one experienced and the other learning his craft is a tantalizing prospect ,given the years of all the sideways and backwards passing we have endured since Dave Jones sides.
Would even consider Turnbull instead of Siopis who I loved when he started, but has become found out and wanting in recent months. Tell you one thing, its greta to have options in all positions now! :ayatollah:

id love to see them both play but my worry is he would play deeper which means more tracking back and extra chance he [ramsey] gets injured he also aint the best at defending as we all found out at the world cup. im not a fan of rubin out wide i think he plays his best game at 10

Wed Feb 07, 2024 11:47 pm

I agree , bring him back gradually off the bench .

Fri Feb 09, 2024 10:08 pm

If he's fit start him, Turnbull and Colwill!