Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

RUBIN COLWILL

Fri Feb 02, 2024 7:17 pm

Just hope he does not get pushed back down the pecking order
he has improved with more game time be a shame for the lad if he ends up as 5th sub

Re: RUBIN COLWILL

Fri Feb 02, 2024 7:40 pm

I think he'll see his game time off the bench, whilst he continues to learn his trade...

Players like Tanner may also see their game time reduced somewhat...

Fri Feb 02, 2024 8:26 pm

And that’s a good thing.
Because it means we have recruited better than what we had.
Personally I see nothing in him. Way overrated by some o here

Fri Feb 02, 2024 8:43 pm

Tanner will go down in City folklore after that goal against Swansea. But we all know he’s too raw for the Championship.

He may improve significantly, but right now he’s probably an impact player at best.

Fri Feb 02, 2024 8:57 pm

montyblue wrote:Just hope he does not get pushed back down the pecking order
he has improved with more game time be a shame for the lad if he ends up as 5th sub

Totally agree , he’s been getting better , more confident every game , I think bulut will keep him in the main let’s hope :bluebird:

Fri Feb 02, 2024 9:00 pm

Spot on. Think with good recruitment's around him he can improve further. Hopefully gets his chance to push on

Fri Feb 02, 2024 9:39 pm

I think if Rambo isn’t fit enough to start tomorrow, Rubin starts at the top of the midfield 3.

Siopis and Turnbull in the middle.
Sio goes back to his game of winning the ball back, and just that. Turnbull then gets things to click getting it forward asap.

Fri Feb 02, 2024 9:52 pm

cardiffboy1995 wrote:I think if Rambo isn’t fit enough to start tomorrow, Rubin starts at the top of the midfield 3.

Siopis and Turnbull in the middle.
Sio goes back to his game of winning the ball back, and just that. Turnbull then gets things to click getting it forward asap.

Agree.

Fri Feb 02, 2024 10:45 pm

ArmyBarmy1987 wrote:Tanner will go down in City folklore after that goal against Swansea. But we all know he’s too raw for the Championship.

He may improve significantly, but right now he’s probably an impact player at best.

I don’t think Tanner has a footballing brain. Ok with the ball in front of him. Other than he’s counting butterflies.

Sat Feb 03, 2024 10:52 am

Totally agree Monty.

Rubin must not be dropped

Sat Feb 03, 2024 4:42 pm

ANNIS

We where right to keep Rubin in the side and moore a sub for ipswich just scored and right again.

Sat Feb 03, 2024 5:49 pm

He played well today. Looked threatening

Sat Feb 03, 2024 10:08 pm

Did well today and has had his best season for a while.

But let’s be honest, he won’t get in the team ahead of Ramsey and rightly so.

The only way we could get Ramsey and Colwill in the same team is by playing Colwill wide - Bulut sees Ramsey as a CAM only thankfully. I don’t agree with doing that, because we all know putting Colwill wide limits him. Where he is playing now is his best position, but it’s also Ramsey’s best position.

Obviously we know that Ramsey won’t play three games in a week so Colwill will get his chances in the remainder of the season. Ramsey won’t be able to play 90 minutes either, so would expect Colwill to get 20 minutes from the bench in games he doesn’t start.

It helps that we now have Turnbull, as he is an attack minded midfielder who can combine with Colwill/Ramsey.

Sun Feb 04, 2024 10:56 am

Another option going forward would be to play Ramsey, Turnbull and Colwill as the three behind the striker, allow them to interchange and float across the front.

This theoretically gives us no width but they are all intelligent players and will create space, drive at the defence and make those runs in to the box. Just another option.

Sun Feb 04, 2024 2:54 pm

Was my man of the match yesterday, always looking to play on the half turn and move us forward.
Vast improvement since last season

Mon Feb 05, 2024 9:18 pm

Yes Colwell was my MOTM yesterday too. He's always had a bit of X Factor about him, and his flair is growing with more game time

Mon Feb 05, 2024 9:35 pm

Don' t want rubin dropped for robinson to come back
Will be well psss.d off if this happens.

Sat Feb 10, 2024 3:48 pm

There we go drop rubin no creativity no taking the game to them playing at home shocking.

Sat Feb 10, 2024 6:10 pm

Did more than Ramsey

Sat Feb 10, 2024 6:25 pm

Cannot believe colwill was on the bench ,
He has been getting better every game , why can’t bulut see it ?
I’m starting to question buluts decisions