Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Official “ Midfielder leaves on loan “

Wed Jan 31, 2024 1:55 pm

Official:

Ebou Adams has today joined Derby County on loan for the remainder of the season, subject to international clearance.

The midfielder signed for the Bluebirds from Forest Green Rovers in 2022, but a long-term injury saw him make his competitive debut against Leeds United on the opening day of the current campaign.

Since then, Ebou has made a further 10 Sky Bet Championship appearances for City, featuring twice in the Carabao Cup.

We’d like to wish Ebs all the very best while in Derbyshire.

Updated

DEAL DONE:

Derby County agree deal to sign Cardiff City’s Ebou Adams doing its rounds big time on twitter EXCLUSIVE! - Derby County beat rivals to agree deal for Cardiff City midfielder Ebou Adams.

@SportsPeteO

#DCFC #Bluebirds #CardiffCity

https://cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewtopi ... 2&t=144783
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Derby County agree deal to sign Cardiff

Wed Jan 31, 2024 2:00 pm

I said from day one that players like Adams were lower league and that what most of the players Morison Signed were and I got called negative.

Morison was doing exactly what Tan was ordering.

Get Cheap Cheap players in.

That’s 6 players out and 1 in so far.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=144783

Now I expect def 2 more in.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=144783

Wed Jan 31, 2024 2:03 pm

Hopefully we got some money for him, although I doubt it!
Not good enough for championship level unfortunately. Good to see Bulut getting rid of the dead wood.

Wed Jan 31, 2024 2:05 pm

cardiffboy1995 wrote:Hopefully we got some money for him, although I doubt it!
Not good enough for championship level unfortunately. Good to see Bulut getting rid of the dead wood.

I totally agree get rid.

But every season now for years all we ever hear is get rid of dead wood.

Wed Jan 31, 2024 2:13 pm

He looked a decent pick up when we got hold of him.
I don’t think he I quite championship level, May do a job for someone like Blackpool , Rotherham derby etc.

Wed Jan 31, 2024 2:23 pm

Good luck to him.

Not really good enough but always worked hard.

Wed Jan 31, 2024 2:56 pm

Agree he wasn't good enough but tried his best, good luck to the lad

Wed Jan 31, 2024 3:09 pm

Collins can't stop bloody scoring since going there, must be the snowy climate.

Wed Jan 31, 2024 5:15 pm

Never at the level we required. Championship is too high standard for him.

Wed Jan 31, 2024 5:20 pm

I for one like more going out, and less coming in as long as the few incoming are better quality. That's opens the opportunity for youngsters.

Wed Jan 31, 2024 5:51 pm

Think we will ever get the names of players refusing to leave through the grapevine as can't see many fans being happy with them and yes I know it's their choice but when I was a lot younger I just wanted to play football.

Wed Jan 31, 2024 6:14 pm

Not good enough for this level imo but I knew this when he signed although he was a free for a reason in most cases but we couldn't sign anyone for a fee eitherway and we still ain't done :lol:

Wed Jan 31, 2024 6:18 pm

To be fair, the guy had a freak serious injury almost as soon as he joined us and by the time he was fit he was forgotten and down the pecking order. Probably going to be useful for Derby at League One level and may yet get higher with more game time.

Re: Official “ Midfielder leaves on loan “

Wed Jan 31, 2024 7:32 pm

Ebou Adams has today joined Derby County on loan for the remainder of the season, subject to international clearance.

The midfielder signed for the Bluebirds from Forest Green Rovers in 2022, but a long-term injury saw him make his competitive debut against Leeds United on the opening day of the current campaign.

Since then, Ebou has made a further 10 Sky Bet Championship appearances for City, featuring twice in the Carabao Cup.

We’d like to wish Ebs all the very best while in Derbyshire.

Thu Feb 01, 2024 12:35 am

Derby County’s new signing Ebou Adams say he ‘cannot stop smiling’ after completing his move to Derbyshire.

The 28-year-old has joined the Rams on a loan deal until the end of the season from Sky Bet Championship side Cardiff City and becomes the second signing of the window after Corey Blackett-Taylor put pen-to-paper earlier this month.

Speaking to RamsTV for the first time following the completion of his deal, Adams couldn’t hide his delight at making the move to Pride Park Stadium.

On signing for Derby County…
I feel so happy, I can’t stop smiling actually. I’m happy and excited to get going!

On when he was aware of the interest…
I’ve known for a good couple of months. I was aware of it strongly before I travelled to the Africa Cup of Nations and after I’ve come back, I thought it was a good opportunity to play for a club in the position that they are now. I don’t think Derby County should be in that position, so hopefully I can help push push the club to where they belong.

Thu Feb 01, 2024 10:40 am

TopCat CCFC wrote:Derby County’s new signing Ebou Adams say he ‘cannot stop smiling’ after completing his move to Derbyshire.

The 28-year-old has joined the Rams on a loan deal until the end of the season from Sky Bet Championship side Cardiff City and becomes the second signing of the window after Corey Blackett-Taylor put pen-to-paper earlier this month.

Speaking to RamsTV for the first time following the completion of his deal, Adams couldn’t hide his delight at making the move to Pride Park Stadium.

On signing for Derby County…
I feel so happy, I can’t stop smiling actually. I’m happy and excited to get going!

On when he was aware of the interest…
I’ve known for a good couple of months. I was aware of it strongly before I travelled to the Africa Cup of Nations and after I’ve come back, I thought it was a good opportunity to play for a club in the position that they are now. I don’t think Derby County should be in that position, so hopefully I can help push push the club to where they belong.

These footballer cliches never fail to amuse me. I remember him saying exactly the same, word for word about 'smiling' when he joined us. :laughing6: