Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

MY VIEW: IT WAS THE FA CUP FOR CARDIFF TODAY AND BOY DID CAR

Sat Jan 06, 2024 7:18 pm

MY VIEW: IT WAS THE FA CUP FOR CARDIFF TODAY AND BOY DID CARDIFF MESS THIS UP BIG TIME.

FOUR NIL

Like we made Hull look like Brazil, we were f*cking useless in defence and made struggling Wednesday looked like Brazil in front of goal.

ITS GOT TO STOP:

FIRST- HALF: CARDIFF WERE WORSE THAN USELESS.

We seemed scared upfront.

That’s 3 wins from 12 games now.

All the fans who travelled deserve a full refund by City

Two bad penalty misses from City inside seven minutes. Shocking

Two penalty saves in the space of three minutes by Wednesday , Cardiff failed with 2 pens and an early Windass goal started this game off.

Who can ever say Refs are biased, Cardiff had 2 penalties in 7 mins.

FIRST-HALF: 1min: No more than a minute on the clock and what a hit from Windass, low into the bottom corner from range!
1-0

2mins: Unbelievable from Wednesday they saved a Cardiff penalty, Dawson, who went the right way from Wintle's penalty, strong hand on the ball and gathered on the floor! Superb!

7th min: Penalty again for Cardiff and Robinson has his saved.

38th min, Wednesday were all over Cardiff, Alnwick saved then Wednesday doubled their lead.from a corner Ihiekwe, but Alnwick fault(2-0)

39th min: Cardiff looked clueless - Palmer added a third goal. (3-0)

We looked scared going forward.

SECOND-HALF:
47th min @joelcolwill replaced awful Benjamin.

We improved but our shooting was shocking

61st min: Etete off Cian Ashford on

We had 20 plus shots and yet their goalie had virtually nothing to do

76th min: @KieronEvansx replaces @RubinColwill for City.

91st min and our defence useless Mallik Wilks 4-0

FA CUP 3RD RD:

SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY 4 CARDIFF CITY 0
H-T 3-0
Crowd 10,955
Away Support 411 Cardiff City Fans

Cardiff City: Alnwick; Ng, Benjamin, Rinomhota; Tanner, Wintle, Sawyers, R. Colwill; Bowler, Etete, Robinson.

Subs: Turner, Fagan-Walcott, Giles, Antwi, Ralls, Evans, J. Colwill, Ashford, Meite.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: MY VIEW: IT WAS THE FA CUP FOR CARDIFF TODAY AND BOY DID

Sat Jan 06, 2024 7:19 pm

:bluebird: :bluebird:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Jan 06, 2024 7:20 pm

:bluebird:

Sat Jan 06, 2024 7:21 pm

But according to some we were fantastic & carved them open at will when the fact is that SW were 3-0 up & knew we couldn't score in a brothel so probably let us waltz through.

Sat Jan 06, 2024 7:21 pm

Robinson must let him go very lazy and couldn't care less attitude.

Sat Jan 06, 2024 7:24 pm

Positives I thought the Colwills and Ashford did well... Ashfords movement bodes well, should've scored but he's only 18.

Couple of crazy segments of the game and they hit us at the end when we were pushing. Let's get some players in and get in the playoffs :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Welshman in CA wrote:But according to some we were fantastic & carved them open at will when the fact is that SW were 3-0 up & knew we couldn't score in a brothel so probably let us waltz through.

Because they are in dreamland and Wednesday in bottom 3

4-0

As said earlier this was a chance for the fringe players to make a mark and they showed us what all of us though and that is they need to be shipped out.

Sat Jan 06, 2024 7:26 pm

Abysmal
How has Bulut got 37 points with this squad?
Robinson of course stood out as particularly poor (again) but the rest were not much better

Sat Jan 06, 2024 7:26 pm

Just shows how shit we are . Couldn't score if we were still playing next week . Pathetic.

Sat Jan 06, 2024 7:27 pm

Absolutely Appalling...Robinson Sawyers Rhino got to go Ete
te and Tanner out on loan I would let Wintle go aswel

Sat Jan 06, 2024 7:30 pm

Alnwick, NG , wintle, Colwill, Robinson, Etete , Tanner, Bowler all in or around the first team
Absolutely shocking
Yes , they should absolutely refund the fans

Sat Jan 06, 2024 7:30 pm

After watching that can see why the club finding it hard to get rid of them their shit

Sat Jan 06, 2024 7:32 pm

Facebook:

SamCCFC1927 wrote:After watching that can see why the club finding it hard to get rid of them their shit

Not sure we could persuade many teams to take our deadwood even if we paid them!

Call that a very inept performance by some players... the penalties my granny would have saved.. shooting more like back passing to keeper. Unquestionably should have won convincingly but total ineptitude towards the game

Sat Jan 06, 2024 7:33 pm

Only 2 outfield players did ok. NG & Bowler in my opinion.

Facebook:

it was crap but no center backs is one of the worse ideas ever i gather hes put tanner at lb to teach him to read the game going backwords which clearly didnt work.... but atleast we get more of a break now with the blackburn game off due to them winning

Sat Jan 06, 2024 7:38 pm

I really wasn't expecting anything from the game as nobody competes for the FA or league cups anymore and it's been that way for many years. It's a shame, as the FA Cup used to be a thing of beauty but since real money has come in, the league is the focus. We know we need to strengthen our best starting line up so when I saw the team today plus what I've said in the former, it was never going to be good.

I do feel sorry for the 400 who went today, it's always a good day out but TBH, I haven't been to a cup game since NW was here as it was always evident we didn't want a run. I rarely miss a game but it just felt like a complete waste of time going.

Sat Jan 06, 2024 9:08 pm

Really puts into perspective what a job Bulut has done!

How has he kept this squad in touching distance of the play offs all season?! Really puts everything into perspective.

The only ones I thought were half decent today personally was Tanner and Rubin.
I also thought Rino surprisingly had a good game. If he gets a chance, he could force his way into the team.
He kept things simple, and broke up play a few times. Could he be worth a punt next to Siopis?

Sat Jan 06, 2024 9:14 pm

Crowd 10,955 including 411 Cardiff fans

Sat Jan 06, 2024 9:24 pm

Robinson could have and should have had a hatrick!

Etete was poor. A proper striker would've had a field day today.

We could be still playing now and not scored.

Don't know how. Summed up by the keeper dropping it through his legs and the backspin kept it out! Any other day it's in!!

Was attack v defence for most of that game. And attack was woeful.

Sat Jan 06, 2024 9:25 pm

To add. Only the scoreline makes Wednesday look like Brasil. They were shite too. Just took 4 of their 5 chances. We couldn't take one of twenty!!!

Sat Jan 06, 2024 9:37 pm

Just got back. Feel for the fans with much further to go. It confirmed how desperately we need decent strikers as there were loads of chances created against a pretty crap Wednesday side.
Clearly time is up for few on show tonight but good to see the youngsters get a run out. Would have been good to see Ashford put his chance away. That chance was put on a plate by Robinson, one of the most frustrating players to ever wear a City shirt. Pastures new for him. Wintle can carry his bag.

Sun Jan 07, 2024 8:33 am

Reply from an ex Cardiff City Coach:

Sun Jan 07, 2024 8:35 am

Reply FB:

Sun Jan 07, 2024 8:36 am

Reply FB:

Sun Jan 07, 2024 9:38 am

Forever Blue wrote:Reply FB:

Hate people like this.

You buy your ticket you take your chance. It was 15 quid yesterday.

Was I disappointed? Yes.

Am I pissed off. Yes, for a number of reasons. Mainly the application of some players and their finishing (or lack of it).

However, Was I entertained? Yes.

Do I want a refund? Behave. We've been treated to worse!

Sun Jan 07, 2024 10:35 am

jimmy_rat wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Reply FB:

Hate people like this.

You buy your ticket you take your chance. It was 15 quid yesterday.

Was I disappointed? Yes.

Am I pissed off. Yes, for a number of reasons. Mainly the application of some players and their finishing (or lack of it).

However, Was I entertained? Yes.

Do I want a refund? Behave. We've been treated to worse!

Clap, clap, clap not often we agree but this time 100%.