Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Get Steve cooper in now !!!

Thu Dec 28, 2023 12:53 pm

Erol Bulut has a way of playing and it is exciting good attacking football. HOWEVER, this isn't his team, this is a team of players put together by who was available on free and loan. let the man have a few transfer windows where he can actually sign the players he wants/needs and then judge him.

Arteta is a great example at Arsenal, he needed a few transfer windows to clear out some of the squad and bring his own players and now they are playing some lovely stuff

Thu Dec 28, 2023 1:56 pm

The assessments of Bulut so far tend to be either very bad, or very good. The very good are relating to the last couple of seasons, which I totally disagree with as that was WAY below what our standard should be. Others then seem to forget that we've been severly restricted financially and ability to buy in the market; he's inherited a poor squad and brought in some decent additions.

My view after half a season is mixed, but no where near the 'lets sack him' camp. I think, realistically, we're about where we should be in the division. Recent poor performances worry me, and it does feel a bit of 'we could have been in the playoffs' due to these performances... which would have been a significant over achievement.

I'd love to see us all recalibrate in Jan and consider where we could get to, as opposed to where we were last season. Some good signings and we're not far away.

Talking of sacking him is pathetic, in my opinion.

Sat Feb 17, 2024 3:13 pm

Are you still impressed with Bulut ?
I saw this back in December.

Sat Feb 17, 2024 5:27 pm

I don't get the booing at the end of first half by some fans .ain't gonna help at all, if you don't support the team stay at home

Sat Feb 17, 2024 5:39 pm

Welshman in CA wrote:
TaxiBlue wrote:What a load of rubbish I just watched .

I guess we watched a different game, could have gone either way and in no way was it a "load of rubbish" and certainly doesn't warrant a change of manager.

L L W L L L Last 6 games this is relegation form no getting away from it :banghead:

Sat Feb 17, 2024 5:54 pm

Sven wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:That was an entertaining game..

It was a proper Boxing Day affair, Ned... :ayatollah:

Bulut out? Some people, eh...? :roll: :lol:

Change your mind yet Sven??

Sat Feb 17, 2024 6:28 pm

Igovernor wrote:
Welshman in CA wrote:

I guess we watched a different game, could have gone either way and in no way was it a "load of rubbish" and certainly doesn't warrant a change of manager.

L L W L L L Last 6 games this is relegation form no getting away from it :banghead:

I wrote that almost 2 months ago on boxing day about a totally different game than today, why are you using it against me now?

Sat Feb 17, 2024 6:46 pm

TaxiBlue wrote:
Sven wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:That was an entertaining game..

It was a proper Boxing Day affair, Ned... :ayatollah:

Bulut out? Some people, eh...? :roll: :lol:

Change your mind yet Sven??

Not really, as I believe he can and will keep us up. We've played some top (of the Championship) teams in the last 7 games and whilst disappointed today, I am clearly not as dismayed as some, as I learned to remain calm even in a crisis a long time ago...

Apart from the breakfast thread, I don't think you've had anything positive to say in the time you've been here, have you...? :?

Sat Feb 17, 2024 7:17 pm

To be fair Sven , there isn’t a lot to be positive about , the football is the worst I have seen , no direction .
The guy is clueless .
Wake up

Sat Feb 17, 2024 7:23 pm

From what I can see . The players are not buying into the game plan , whatever that is . We are not running the channels, we don’t get behind teams , there is very little movement and when there is some movement it’s very slow . The players are not happy . I believe there is a competitive team there but Bulut is not the man to find it , that’s my belief and until results improve I won’t change my mind .

Sat Feb 17, 2024 7:32 pm

TaxiBlue wrote:From what I can see . The players are not buying into the game plan , whatever that is . We are not running the channels, we don’t get behind teams , there is very little movement and when there is some movement it’s very slow . The players are not happy . I believe there is a competitive team there but Bulut is not the man to find it , that’s my belief and until results improve I won’t change my mind .

Agree with you .

Sat Feb 17, 2024 7:33 pm

TaxiBlue wrote:To be fair Sven , there isn’t a lot to be positive about , the football is the worst I have seen , no direction .
The guy is clueless .
Wake up

To be fair, TaxuBlue, I've been around the club long enough to know when it's time to panic and when it's time to allow a situation to flow to its conclusion...

This is not a time to panic but allow the manager and players to sort themselves out...

Come the season's end, we will know whether we have a manager who can manage or a change is required...

Our recent managers (before Bulut) haven't lasted a full year in charge and that didn't work; so in a season where we will neither go up or down, let's just give the guy a decent run and let him hire or fire himself for next season...

For me, with the dropping of the transfer fee ban, next season is going to be an important one in our history. With FFP not such an issue, with Vincent Tan's help, we can build a squad to challenge at the top with a reasonable budget whilst other clubs are feeling the pinch of their gambling failures (Hull, West Brom, etc.) of this season...

If that doesn't hapoen, I will call for Tan to leave myself... :ayatollah:

Sat Feb 17, 2024 11:15 pm

Welshman in CA wrote:
Igovernor wrote:
Welshman in CA wrote:

I wrote that almost 2 months ago on boxing day about a totally different game than today, why are you using it against me now?

I thought you posted it today :laughing5:

Sun Feb 18, 2024 12:40 am

Cooper will want good wages and a good transfer budget, that won’t happen with us.

He was linked with Palace and is in high demand. A lot of Championship clubs would want him so he can wait for a better job.

I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s waiting for the Wales job if things don’t go well in the play-offs next week.

Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:57 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:Cooper will want good wages and a good transfer budget, that won’t happen with us.

He was linked with Palace and is in high demand. A lot of Championship clubs would want him so he can wait for a better job.

I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s waiting for the Wales job if things don’t go well in the play-offs next week.

If he wants a good wage that will not get that as our national team manager that is for sure

Sun Feb 18, 2024 1:39 pm

Abergavenny wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:Cooper will want good wages and a good transfer budget, that won’t happen with us.

If he wants a good wage that will not get that as our national team manager that is for sure

No, but being Wales manager would mean more to him than the money.

When I said wages I was talking about if he went to another club, not a national team.

Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:44 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:
Abergavenny wrote:

I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s waiting for the Wales job if things don’t go well in the play-offs n
ext week.

When I said wages I was talking about if he went to another club, not a national team.

Imo Cooper wouldn't manage Wales at this stage of his career, his stock is too high and Wales are in decline.

Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:04 am

Cardiff_CPT wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
Abergavenny wrote:

I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s waiting for the Wales job if things don’t go well in the play-offs n
ext week.

Imo Cooper wouldn't manage Wales at this stage of his career, his stock is too high and Wales are in decline.

I agree; international football is a completely different animal...

No buying or transfers, just the stock you got; and in Wales currently it's no longer the easy gig it once was...

Mon Feb 19, 2024 1:44 pm

Cooper got the sack at Swansea and done a good job at Forest getting them up ,but remember he's been sacked at Forest too , people saying his stock is high in the premiership I'm not too sure but he would-be great in the championship I feel he's made for us , you never know .

Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:40 am

Do you really think Cooper would come to us

Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:55 am

Backtoblue wrote:Do you really think Cooper would come to us

I’d love it to happen but just can’t see it.

Every chance he’ll be offered the Wales job if Page fails, yet again, at the end of March.

If not he’ll get a Prem job or, at the very least, one of the relegated teams who will sack their manager.

Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:35 pm

He'll get Sunderland job one of the biggest outside the prem

Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:59 pm

No-one else bothered that he's ex-Swansea? :shock:

Tue Feb 20, 2024 1:45 pm

If u were Cooper, would u come to Cardiff?
He will get much better offers having tasted the Prem…we should support EB till season end and then decide.