Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " THE NINIAN PARK PUB "

Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:35 am

Forever Blue wrote:
VCLEE wrote:Have you/your mates got a vested interest in this pub?

Just curious and no disrespect intended.

Def Not, I Feel The New Owner and Manager are going out of their way to WELCOME CARDIFF CITY FANS :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Smart/Clean place EXCELLENT VALUE FOOD and DRINK :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Also I know if The Ninian does not do well This time, We will end up with Flats on there :evil: :evil:
The Ninian Park Pub is the Closest Pub to The Stadium. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Do you think trade will be hit badly again when the new pub/restaurant opens on the stadium site itself?

Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:43 pm

since62 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
VCLEE wrote:Have you/your mates got a vested interest in this pub?

Just curious and no disrespect intended.

Def Not, I Feel The New Owner and Manager are going out of their way to WELCOME CARDIFF CITY FANS :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Smart/Clean place EXCELLENT VALUE FOOD and DRINK :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Also I know if The Ninian does not do well This time, We will end up with Flats on there :evil: :evil:
The Ninian Park Pub is the Closest Pub to The Stadium. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Do you think trade will be hit badly again when the new pub/restaurant opens on the stadium site itself?

No I dont as Our Support is getting bigger and bigger and we are actually short of pubs/restaurants near the stadium :ayatollah:

Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:57 pm

by bluebirdbaz » Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:48 pm

Annis have you sampled the brekkie in there yet?????

sampled ??? hes done more than sampled :D

Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:03 pm

The Premier 1 wrote:Re: " THE NINIAN PARK PUB "
by bluebirdbaz » Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:48 pm

Annis have you sampled the brekkie in there yet?????

sampled ??? hes done more than sampled :D

:lol: :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Yes Excellent Value :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
I had the large one :ayatollah:

Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:04 pm

Good luck to them.The Ninian is ideal for those of us who come on the train,its close to the station,the ground and you can have a beer thare after the game rather than get on the early crowded train back up the rhymney valley.
you can also avoid sour faced shoppers and their hen pecked husbands travelling home after a days nagging and shopping. :lol:

Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:25 am

it was packed tonight for wales game. food flying out everywhere. id seemed alot busier than it is for city games :ayatollah:

Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:59 am

milly44 wrote:it was packed tonight for wales game. food flying out everywhere. id seemed alot busier than it is for city games :ayatollah:

Milly
GREAT NEWS Long Live The " Ninian Park Pub " :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:56 am

the ninian park pub is part of our history ill be there for the brizzle city game :ayatollah:

Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:00 am

cardiff 74 wrote:the ninian park pub is part of our history ill be there for the brizzle city game :ayatollah:

Great See you in there Martyn :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:49 am

Yeah it was packed last night, but very hot in there

Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:06 am

Forever Blue wrote:
milly44 wrote:it was packed tonight for wales game. food flying out everywhere. id seemed alot busier than it is for city games :ayatollah:

Milly
GREAT NEWS Long Live The " Ninian Park Pub " :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Annis

I am old enough to have been a pre-match regular at the old Ninian Park pub before it was knocked down and the current one built so it will always have a place in my heart.

However , the new owner will not be able to make a success of it from matchday income alone and I really believe that the new pub/restaurant to be built on the stadium site itself will take away a lot of even that trade. Families will go there rather than the Ninian as it will be fresh and new and offer better facilities than the Ninian and it will also attract shoppers from the retail park .

To be a success , the new owner would have to follow the model he uses in some of his other pubs such as the Pantmawr which offers different things every night of the week as well as lunchtime offers to bring in customers. But those other pubs have the advantage of being in the middle of residential areas with a big potential customer base. The Ninian doesn`t as there is a large Asian local population who are not pub - goers and existing regular drinkers are likely to stick to their regular haunts on Cowbridge Rd/Llandaf road - can`t see many having an incentive to switch to the Ninian.

I really hope the Ninian does well , but I suspect it will struggle to survive in the longer term for the above reasons.

Keith

Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:30 am

Suppose he's got to compete with all the other pubs in Canton I guess , time will tell ?

Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:08 am

A cracking pub, but I can`t ever go back there after Baz`s gerbil Mr Jeremy was trampled there two years ago, by a police horse called Francis.

Mr Jeremy never hurt anyone, you facist old bill bastards. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:18 am

bluebirdbaz wrote:Annis have you sampled the brekkie in there yet?????

baz is there anywhere on this planet annis has not sampled a brekkie ! never known anyone to eat so much and still be trimmed lol x :ayatollah:

Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:19 am

SEE YOU ALL THERE :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:56 pm

has he had a breakfast in there yet? i hear you ask
too bluddy true he has :ayatollah:

see the new thread called " the NEW challenge on the block, sorry cheggs" coming soon :D

Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:57 pm

The Premier 1 wrote:has he had a breakfast in there yet? i hear you ask
too bluddy true he has :ayatollah:

see the new thread called " the NEW challenge on the block, sorry cheggs" coming soon :D

:o

Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:34 am

Going to try a Sunday dinner down there today, the wife says I deserve a treat. I'm not sure realy what she meant, is her cooking realy that bad. :old: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: