Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Why was goal disallowed?

Sat Oct 21, 2023 4:30 pm

I was at the game and I saw the lino with his flag up. It couldn't have been for offside as the header was from a corner. Officials piss poor today!

Re: Why was goal disallowed?

Sat Oct 21, 2023 4:35 pm

Apparently it was for Grant standing in an offside position and blocking the keeper's vision.

Was very, very harsh.

Sat Oct 21, 2023 4:36 pm

Robbed today, was never going to win with that ref. Some of his decisions were ridiculous

Sat Oct 21, 2023 4:38 pm

Infringement.

Grant stood in front of the keeper. A very harsh decision.

Sat Oct 21, 2023 4:57 pm

On the way back.

Very harsh decision until you realise who the ref was.

The goalie tried to save it so he can't have been obsructed by Grant. One of their players stood next to Grant so didn't look offside.

Having said that we huffed and puffed with no end product. Awful defending for the goal and Ugbo very poor again.

Sat Oct 21, 2023 5:19 pm

Apparently Grant was standing inside the goal line and ran out back onto the field of play just after the corner was taken thus being offside and judged to have impeded the keepers vision.Not 100% sure but that's what their commentary said.Have'nt seen any replay to confirm.

Sat Oct 21, 2023 5:47 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:Apparently Grant was standing inside the goal line and ran out back onto the field of play just after the corner was taken thus being offside and judged to have impeded the keepers vision.Not 100% sure but that's what their commentary said.Have'nt seen any replay to confirm.

Not correct. Grant was clearly on the pitch when the corner came in. Apparently you have to get out of the goalies way to let him save the ball if we're attacking.

Sat Oct 21, 2023 5:54 pm

Blackburns stream said they thought it was a clean goal. Ref got it wrong for me.

Sat Oct 21, 2023 5:55 pm

Looking at highlights I think the numpties in charge gave offside for Grant even though there was a player standing next to him and from what I could see was nowhere near the keeper. Shocking as goals change games. What could have been ffs.

Sat Oct 21, 2023 6:04 pm

davids wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:Apparently Grant was standing inside the goal line and ran out back onto the field of play just after the corner was taken thus being offside and judged to have impeded the keepers vision.Not 100% sure but that's what their commentary said.Have'nt seen any replay to confirm.

Not correct. Grant was clearly on the pitch when the corner came in. Apparently you have to get out of the goalies way to let him save the ball if we're attacking.

Was he on the pitch when the corner was taken?

Sat Oct 21, 2023 7:19 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
davids wrote:

He certainly wasn't standing in the goal at any time before or after the corner was taken.

Was he on the pitch when the corner was taken?

Sat Oct 21, 2023 9:39 pm

I was there and the ref looked like Madley? If so, remember last years disallowed goal against Coventry. Tried so hard to disallow it.... just as he did today.

Oh, and the same Madley who disallowed two perfectly good gials for Bamba and Hoilett against QPR a few years back. He has history. Referees are bot biased, but he pushes that theory to the absolute limit when he refs us.

Oh, why was play brought back when Alnwick threw out the ball to set Tanner away on the wing... only to book Collins, but give the ball back to us to restart play.... stinks, it really does!

Sat Oct 21, 2023 10:10 pm

Barclay1 wrote:I was there and the ref looked like Madley? If so, remember last years disallowed goal against Coventry. Tried so hard to disallow it.... just as he did today.

Oh, and the same Madley who disallowed two perfectly good gials for Bamba and Hoilett against QPR a few years back. He has history. Referees are bot biased, but he pushes that theory to the absolute limit when he refs us.

Oh, why was play brought back when Alnwick threw out the ball to set Tanner away on the wing... only to book Collins, but give the ball back to us to restart play.... stinks, it really does!

Is it possible to request that this chump never referees our games in the future?

Makes little attempt to even pretend to be impartial when in charge of our games.

Sun Oct 22, 2023 2:28 am

Barclay1 wrote:I was there and the ref looked like Madley? If so, remember last years disallowed goal against Coventry. Tried so hard to disallow it.... just as he did today.

Truly awful ref and with history with us he clearly doesn't like us. Awful decisions all game against us. Stopped a genuine counter and booked our player for no doubt arguing why stop the real....

Dodgy as

Sun Oct 22, 2023 10:04 am

It was harsh but the lino got it right. if we were in the Premier League it would of been disallowed. Why I love the Championship every game we are debating decisions what football is about :occasion5:

Sun Oct 22, 2023 3:41 pm

He looked as if he was standing in an offside position when Goutas headed the ball and was clearly close enough to the keeper to be judged to have interfered with play. Bit unfortunate as I doubt if the keeper would have saved it anyway but the linesman and ref got it right.