Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Being realistic where do you think we will finish next seaso

Sun Jul 09, 2023 7:58 pm

Being totally realistic I honestly think we will finish somewhere between 12th and 20th place.

I really can't see us getting anywhere near the playoffs next season, we need a good solid season without the drama of sacking the manager every 10 games and build a team to push on in 2024/2025 season.

Re: Being realistic where do you think we will finish next s

Sun Jul 09, 2023 8:06 pm

If we survive ill be happy as I still think we have a really poor squad BUT it's very early days yet and hope Bulut can work some magic and get some quality signings in

Sun Jul 09, 2023 8:10 pm

Let’s just hope we can keep the manager by January and then we can really make improvements with full access to the transfer market.

Sun Jul 09, 2023 8:31 pm

Top 6 , have faith .

Sun Jul 09, 2023 8:41 pm

Far too early to tell. Pre-season has only recently started.

I have more hope for next season. I think it's good what the manager is doing with the team.

But we've only brought in three new players so far, I'm impressed with those signings. It will be easier to judge when we see who else we bring in (Bulut wants another seven) and who leaves. Also it will be clearer when we find out who other clubs sign.

Still four weeks to go until the first game at Leeds and I'd expect things to be clearer over the next couple of weeks as we get closer to the opening weekend.

Sun Jul 09, 2023 9:11 pm

Top 10

Mon Jul 10, 2023 9:17 am

Play offs this season, falling short in semi then keep building and top 2 following year.

KEEP THE FAITH.

Mon Jul 10, 2023 9:18 am

I'm more optimistic about the sort of football we will play and don't think we will be relegation candidates, but top ten may be a step too far - though if we are hovering around there in January and are able to sign one or two then who knows. I'm going to say 12th - 15th and we use it as a season to build on for a push the following season.

Mon Jul 10, 2023 9:56 am

Hark at all these guys trying to be sensible. :lol: :lol: :lol:

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: Champions :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Mon Jul 10, 2023 10:01 am

wez1927 wrote:Top 6 , have faith .

Bought your spade yet?

Mon Jul 10, 2023 10:02 am

Let you know after 10 games.

Mon Jul 10, 2023 10:48 am

Be happy with above 16th and avoid a relegation scrap. Heart saying we make a few good signings click early on and can make a playoff push

Mon Jul 10, 2023 11:13 am

If we are pushing between 6th and 12th with ten games to play I would take that now.
And we must finish above Plymouth or my life will be a misery.

Mon Jul 10, 2023 2:11 pm

5th and then up.

Mon Jul 10, 2023 2:56 pm

Automatic promotion better to be optimistic than pessimistic makes life seem better :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 10, 2023 5:03 pm

4TH

Mon Jul 10, 2023 5:15 pm

Igovernor wrote:Automatic promotion better to be optimistic than pessimistic makes life seem better :ayatollah:

Top 2 for me aswell
:bluebird:

Mon Jul 10, 2023 5:58 pm

Anything better than last season will do me if I'm being realistic. If I'd been smoking crack like some fans seem to be in my opinion I'd say top 2 :lol:

Mon Jul 10, 2023 6:43 pm

I think we’ll do well. With this new coach and signings I just put £1 on Cardiff to finish champions @ 80/1 with Sky bet. Also paying 4 places each way!

Mon Jul 10, 2023 6:59 pm

I like how much more measured we are than last season. At one point we were hoping for play offs with the squad we had!! This year we have signed potentially better players but happily keeping grounded. Promise low aim high!! I’d rather we stay under the radar

Mon Jul 10, 2023 8:49 pm

Way to early to say.

Mon Jul 10, 2023 10:19 pm

Before a ball has been kicked - the bookies have us 5 places above bottom .

With new players coming in we will be further up on the above basis - As a guide only ;)

Too early to call for me also ...

Tue Jul 11, 2023 7:08 am

Hard to say at this stage Are the 3 players we signed any better than the three loans players that went back to their clubs ? From what i have seen pre-season I do think we will be better than last season but as it stands still see us as bottom half. We do need the addition of quality that Rambo can bring if he signs.
Still all over the field we need to strengthen to have any decent season for me

Tue Jul 11, 2023 8:15 am

I think with the work ethic that Bulut will bring , we could be like Luton have been over the last two seasons .
Hard working teams , that work hard for 90+minutes will always do well !
I think we are going to enjoy this season , not like the last two .

Tue Jul 11, 2023 12:47 pm

Impossible to say as we don’t know scooby about the manager and coaches yet or the signings …
The preseason games have told us very little do wait till 12 games in and then take a punt