Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Connor Wickham on laughing gas

Sun Apr 02, 2023 12:06 am

Connor Wickham posted an instagram story tonight of him doing balloons filled with Laughing Gas just hours after defeat to the Swansea.

Some people are defending him saying that his birthday was yesterday and this type of behaviour is acceptable as a one off.

Personally, this shows the state the club is in at the moment.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Connor Wickham on laughing gas

Sun Apr 02, 2023 2:20 am

DobbinJunior wrote:Connor Wickham posted an instagram story tonight of him doing balloons filled with Laughing Gas just hours after defeat to the Swansea.

Some people are defending him saying that his birthday was yesterday and this type of behaviour is acceptable as a one off.

Whatever you think of him for doing this, I can’t see that it shows ‘the state of the club’.

Sun Apr 02, 2023 3:44 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
DobbinJunior wrote:Connor Wickham posted an instagram story tonight of him doing balloons filled with Laughing Gas just hours after defeat to the Swansea.

Whatever you think of him for doing this, I can’t see that it shows ‘the state of the club’.

Your not allowed a life after the final whistle some fans think. :lol:

Sun Apr 02, 2023 5:49 am

That laughing gas can cause nerve damage i think. Not the most professional thing to do. Not sure why he has to broadcast it?
i'd be more pissed off if we'd paid a transfer fee for him mind

Sun Apr 02, 2023 6:57 am

ElyBoy1984 wrote:That laughing gas can cause nerve damage i think. Not the most professional thing to do. Not sure why he has to broadcast it?

Think it’s a helium balloon mate. Changes your voice for like2 seconds.

Sun Apr 02, 2023 8:47 am

Laughing gas (nitrous oxide) is tame. The media are making a mountain over a nole hill. Let him crack on. More lunatics we need after yesterday's shower of shit, not the manicured pussies we had out there yesterday.

Sun Apr 02, 2023 9:20 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Just shows that we’re settling for less by signing players that have no professionalism, No? At the end of the day we’re in a relegation battle and we’re above it on goal difference and you have players like him showing that couldn’t give a care in the world after the loss.

Sun Apr 02, 2023 9:23 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
ElyBoy1984 wrote:That laughing gas can cause nerve damage i think. Not the most professional thing to do. Not sure why he has to broadcast it?

Think it’s a helium balloon mate. Changes your voice for like2 seconds.

Yeah mate of course it does sounds like a wild night out that :thumbright:

Sun Apr 02, 2023 9:23 am

Helium is different to Nitrous Oxide. The latter seems popular amongst the youth & what i think Conner is accused of taking.
A while ago, there was a neurologist on the radio saying Nitrous Oxide can cause permenant damage to the nervous system & there are increasing amounts of youths turning up in Casuality having taken Nitrous Oxide by sucking on a balloon. I'd be less bothered if he was smoking weed, imagine suffering permenant nerve damage from Nitrous Oxide and having to retire from football. It's stupid.
Last edited by ElyBoy1984 on Sun Apr 02, 2023 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Apr 02, 2023 9:24 am

DobbinJunior wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Just shows that we’re settling for less by signing players that have no professionalism, No? At the end of the day we’re in a relegation battle and we’re above it on goal difference and you have players like him showing that couldn’t give a care in the world after the loss.

So out of interest what should he be doing in the hours after a game? Would it be ok if we won and if so what’s the difference?

Sun Apr 02, 2023 9:28 am

Bigmarkw wrote:
DobbinJunior wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

So out of interest what should he be doing in the hours after a game? Would it be ok if we won and if so what’s the difference?

It's the fact he's broadcasting his "partying" on social media hours after a bad loss in the derby. Ofcourse it matters if we had won but we didn't win and were second best. We need to ferment a good culture at the club, this isn't it.

Sun Apr 02, 2023 10:01 am

The way its going we will all be on it

Sun Apr 02, 2023 10:06 am

stickywicket wrote:The way its going we will all be on it

:lol:

Sun Apr 02, 2023 10:13 am

stickywicket wrote:The way its going we will all be on it

Already am.

Sun Apr 02, 2023 10:36 am

ElyBoy1984 wrote:
Bigmarkw wrote:
DobbinJunior wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

It's the fact he's broadcasting his "partying" on social media hours after a bad loss in the derby. Ofcourse it matters if we had won but we didn't win and were second best. We need to ferment a good culture at the club, this isn't it.

So same question to you what should he be doing after a game in his own time?

Sun Apr 02, 2023 11:15 am

Me and the boys seen him in Slug and Lettuce racking one up in the bogs. He bought us a few drinks so we wouldn’t tell anyone. Top guy actually

Sun Apr 02, 2023 11:27 am

Bigmarkw wrote:
ElyBoy1984 wrote:
Bigmarkw wrote:
DobbinJunior wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Should be acting like the professional sportsman he supposedly is or at the very least keeping his stupidity off social media on the day he contributed virtually nothing to a defeat in a game that means a lot more to thousands of fans that it appears to mean to the club they support.

Sun Apr 02, 2023 11:39 am

joeywills98 wrote:Me and the boys seen him in Slug and Lettuce racking one up in the bogs. He bought us a few drinks so we wouldn’t tell anyone. Top guy actually

…and you’ve just let everyone on this board know :D

Sun Apr 02, 2023 11:45 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
joeywills98 wrote:Me and the boys seen him in Slug and Lettuce racking one up in the bogs. He bought us a few drinks so we wouldn’t tell anyone. Top guy actually

Good point haha. My bad. Sorry Connor!

Sun Apr 02, 2023 11:49 am

joeywills98 wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Good point haha. My bad. Sorry Connor!

:thumbup:

Sun Apr 02, 2023 12:28 pm

Bluebird1977 wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

If that is the same gas they give ladies in childbirth for pain relief ? Can it be that dangerous? Over to all the ‘sages’ on here :notworthy:

Sun Apr 02, 2023 1:13 pm

Messaging fans who’ve reposted it on asking them to remove it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Apr 02, 2023 1:27 pm

lordllanbradach@icloud.com wrote:
Bluebird1977 wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

If that is the same gas they give ladies in childbirth for pain relief ? Can it be that dangerous? Over to all the ‘sages’ on here :notworthy:

Thanks for explaining it.

Now we know that the pain that Wickham was feeling as a result of the loss was so great that he felt the only way of coping was to to sniff some gas that they usually give ladies in childbirth!

I thought I was gutted by the loss yesterday but obviously not as upset as Conor was.

Conor Wickham - Cardiff City legend!

Sun Apr 02, 2023 2:06 pm

I wouldn’t worry about what people do or don’t do in they personal lives. I saw a group of lads having the audacity to laugh while Queuing to leave yesterday what are they playing at.

Sun Apr 02, 2023 3:20 pm

Connor Wickhams response on his instagram story.

Sun Apr 02, 2023 3:56 pm

davids wrote:
Bluebird1977 wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Thanks for explaining it.

Now we know that the pain that Wickham was feeling as a result of the loss was so great that he felt the only way of coping was to to sniff some gas that they usually give ladies in childbirth!

I thought I was gutted by the loss yesterday but obviously not as upset as Conor was.

Conor Wickham - Cardiff City legend!
Brilliant retort, fair play. Made me laugh out loud :lol: Who needs laughing gas ! :occasion5:

Sun Apr 02, 2023 4:42 pm

Bigmarkw wrote:
ElyBoy1984 wrote:
Bigmarkw wrote:
DobbinJunior wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Keeping a low profile would be a start. I think he could contribute to the remaining games so let's hope he does

Sun Apr 02, 2023 4:46 pm

Bluebird1977 wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

I think it is yes, i read that hospitals are starting to ban its use foor pain relief, due to hospital staff being over exsposed to it day in, day out. It can be dangerous if used longer term or over dose in a informal setting.

Sun Apr 02, 2023 4:51 pm

Can't see anything wrong with it tbh , most of our fans would of been getting pissed as fook last night .

Sun Apr 02, 2023 4:55 pm

wez1927 wrote:Can't see anything wrong with it tbh , most of our fans would of been getting pissed as fook last night .

Then there's the ones in and out of the cubicles with really bad colds.