Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: ‘ Breaking Rotherham United Game / Decision ‘

Thu Mar 30, 2023 7:57 pm

M4 Exile wrote:
Sven wrote:
Barrybadosbluebird2 wrote:I travelled to the original game independently - I don’t expect recompense for that. But will my tickets be refunded for the new fixture?

M4Exile reckons Vincent Tan will cover the costs of travel...

I've not seen that anywhere else but it would be pretty crass to state it and not be right...

I believe the club (maybe Rotherham?) should pay the transport for those who attended the original game and maybe any additional ticketing costs, too!

A gutless decision from the EFL and disappointing but (sadly) not surprising... :cry:

Literally on the club statement. Sorry if that doesn’t afford an opportunity to criticise Tan :thumbup:

You can guarantee that if he had said "nope not covering it" not only would it be a sticky on here it would have been mentioned twice a week for the foreseeable future.

Re: Updated ‘ Breaking Rotherham United Game / Decision ‘

Thu Mar 30, 2023 8:14 pm

Welshman in CA wrote:
M4 Exile wrote:
Sven wrote:
Barrybadosbluebird2 wrote:I travelled to the original game independently - I don’t expect recompense for that. But will my tickets be refunded for the new fixture?

I've not seen that anywhere else but it would be pretty crass to state it and not be right...

I believe the club (maybe Rotherham?) should pay the transport for those who attended the original game and maybe any additional ticketing costs, too!

A gutless decision from the EFL and disappointing but (sadly) not surprising... :cry:

Literally on the club statement. Sorry if that doesn’t afford an opportunity to criticise Tan :thumbup:

You can guarantee that if he had said "nope not covering it" not only would it be a sticky on here it would have been mentioned twice a week for the foreseeable future.

What's the issue with what Chris said? Genuine question because I don't see it myself.

Said that Rotherham should have paid the cost which I agree with.

As for the Tan bit, he simply hadn't seen the statement from the club. As I didn't until this evening.

You can accuse of us hating Tan (for good reason I'd add) but there's no good reason to be a Tan supporter. He paid it because it's the right thing to do, although I believe the EFL or Rotherham should have paid it, but it's the first right thing he's done to do with this club for a long time.

Let's not pretend this forum is biased against Tan, it's just facts.

Re: ‘ Breaking Rotherham United Game / Decision ‘

Thu Mar 30, 2023 8:17 pm

M4 Exile wrote:
Sven wrote:

No need to apologise, as it was correct and (as stated) I hadn't seen it; nor had it been reported on here until your post... :thumbup:

As for (quote) "Sorry if that doesn’t afford an opportunity to criticise Tan", I think you're barking up the wrong tree there, as he's done similar before and I stated (quote again) "I believe the club (maybe Rotherham?) should pay the transport for those who attended the original game and maybe any additional ticketing costs, too! :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 30, 2023 10:04 pm

Let’s get loads up there and rock the place and hopefully smash them 4-0

Thu Mar 30, 2023 11:18 pm

No surprise to what the outcome - Was going to be for Us :(

Fri Mar 31, 2023 8:03 am

It was the only decision the EFL could make according to their own competition rules. It was the only way to the keep integrity of the competition intact. If the EFL changed their own competition rules mid season without the approval of their members they would be open to legal action from any of the teams eventually relegated.
Reading are likely to have 6 points deducted for financial misdemeanours.

Fri Mar 31, 2023 8:17 am

The EFL
Are full of sh1t
The efl are full of sh1t
Full of sh1t, sh1t and more sh1t
The efl are full of sh1t

Oh Rotherham
Is full of sh1t

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Fri Mar 31, 2023 8:26 am

Felixstowe_jack wrote:It was the only decision the EFL could make according to their own competition rules. It was the only way to the keep integrity of the competition intact. If the EFL changed their own competition rules mid season without the approval of their members they would be open to legal action from any of the teams eventually relegated.
Reading are likely to have 6 points deducted for financial misdemeanours.

Yes maybe, but 12 days to come to that decision just to enforce the "integrity" of their rules? The decision should have been made on the Sunday or Monday after the game. EFL Pathetic as usual. :roll:

Fri Mar 31, 2023 12:01 pm

I assume Rotherham wont be charging for the tickets for those who went to the original game. The replay was pretty much inevitable but in the EFL's own words " consistency " is necessary. That clearly means that reasonable efforts to see the game continue are no longer necessary.

Fri Mar 31, 2023 2:29 pm

Was in no doubt at all about what the decision would be, we could have been 4-0 up and it still would have been replayed, lets hope we are well and truly safe by the time this comes round.

Fri Mar 31, 2023 3:55 pm

Mike076

Fri Mar 31, 2023 3:58 pm

Mike076

Where the sheep sh.gg.rs 1 nil
"If we score our 1st goal goal"
It'll be
Where the sheep sh.gg.rs 2 nil.