Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Updated: ‘ Shocking ‘ " MATCH ABANDONED "

Sat Mar 18, 2023 5:38 pm

It's just like Derby all over again.

Going by the video footage, Rotherham staff put very little effort into sorting the pitch out.

We were brilliant in that first half, I assume when it's rearranged we'll play from when the game stopped. That will be up to the EFL and it will be a joke if they don't as over half the game was played.

Very disappointed. Really feel sorry for the fans that travelled.

Sat Mar 18, 2023 5:41 pm

It will almost certainly be replayed from the start
Just our luck but the way to respond is by showing we are by far the better team, just like we did in the 1st half, in which we were excellent

Sat Mar 18, 2023 5:42 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:It's just like Derby all over again.

Going by the video footage, Rotherham staff put very little effort into sorting the pitch out.

We were brilliant in that first half, I assume when it's rearranged we'll play from when the game stopped?

Very disappointed.

Never heard of that before.

The game will be replayed from the start.

I would imagine Rotherham will receive a fine of some sort but that will be it.

Sat Mar 18, 2023 5:43 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:

We were brilliant in that first half, I assume when it's rearranged we'll play from when the game stopped?

Very disappointed.

Edited my post to put it's down to the EFL. Over half the game was played so it's a joke if they make us play the whole game again.

Sat Mar 18, 2023 5:45 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

Very disappointed.

Edited my post to put it's down to the EFL. Over half the game was played so it's a joke if they make us play the whole game again.

I'm not sure what the time limit is on a game but a result would stand if it passed that time limit.

Sat Mar 18, 2023 5:49 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:

Very disappointed.

The EFL can decide it to be replayed from 48 mins This usually only happens if one of the clubs is at fault Eg Pitch invasion which is deemed the clubs fault. I think it will be played in full Unless believe Rotherham did not make enough effort to ensure the game continued I just can’t see the league having th ball to do this

Sat Mar 18, 2023 5:49 pm

Surely game should be started from when game was called off and with score as it was???
Wasn’t there a premier league game called off a few seasons back with limited minutes left on clock ? ( floodlight failure) and the game was replayed with score same and from minute game was stopped!

Sat Mar 18, 2023 5:56 pm

The EFL won’t do anything to help us, don’t worry about that, they will do everything in their power to make sure we get the worst end of the deal, I’ve never known a club like Cardiff where it’s always us who is on the wrong end of shit decisions

Sat Mar 18, 2023 5:57 pm

Welshyccfc01 wrote:Surely game should be started from when game was called off and with score as it was???
Wasn’t there a premier league game called off a few seasons back with limited minutes left on clock ? ( floodlight failure) and the game was replayed with score same and from minute game was stopped!

Blackpool V Huddersfield in 2015 was abandoned at 48 mins and the league gave the games result of 0-0 that was the score at the time it was abandoned

Sat Mar 18, 2023 6:03 pm

Abergavenny wrote:
Welshyccfc01 wrote:Surely game should be started from when game was called off and with score as it was???

Blackpool V Huddersfield in 2015 was abandoned at 48 mins and the league gave the games result of 0-0 that was the score at the time it was abandoned

In that case the EFL have no choice but to award the game to us.

Sat Mar 18, 2023 6:05 pm

Can't see that happening considering how important the game is to both teams

Sat Mar 18, 2023 6:08 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
Abergavenny wrote:

The result of Blackpool's abandoned home game against Huddersfield has been declared as 0-0 and the Tangerines have been charged by the Football League for failing to fulfil the fixture.

The game was abandoned after 48 minutes at 0-0 following a pitch invasion by hundreds of protesting home fans.

It was held up for more than an hour before being called off.

The relegated Seasiders remain bottom of the Championship while the Terriers stay 16th finishing on 55 points.

As well as deciding on a verdict for the charge, a Football Disciplinary Committee will also be asked to consider compensation for Huddersfield and ticket refunds to supporters.

"The board took the view that the 0-0 score line that stood at the time of the game's abandonment should be officially recorded as the final result of the match, as it believes that league points should always be earned on the field of play," said a statement.

Before the match, 2,000 Blackpool fans protested outside the ground against the club's owners, the Oyston family.

Sat Mar 18, 2023 6:19 pm

From the photos I have seen, Rotherham only had a few ground staff trying to sweep away the water. Surely they could and should have told more of their back ground employees such as youth players and the rest of their groundsmen (they must have more than 3 whom I saw in the pics) to get involved?

Award the game to the City I think. Rotherham simply didn’t try hard enough to get the game restarted.

Sat Mar 18, 2023 6:33 pm

Winchmore Hill Bluebird wrote:From the photos I have seen, Rotherham only had a few ground staff trying to sweep away the water. Surely they could and should have told more of their back ground employees such as youth players and the rest of their groundsmen (they must have more than 3 whom I saw in the pics) to get involved?

Award the game to the City I think. Rotherham simply didn’t try hard enough to get the game restarted.

2 people half heartedly sweeping water off & back on the pitch & 1 sort of stabbing at the pitch with a pitchfork. Can you imagine how many would have been trying to get the water off the pitch had the score been 1-0 to them.

Sat Mar 18, 2023 6:36 pm

all their real groundsmen were probably too busy being groomed anyway

Sat Mar 18, 2023 6:41 pm

Derby snowgate all over again!

Sat Mar 18, 2023 6:55 pm

I am not sure if it has been mentioned before but I was listening on radio wales and the commentators mentioned that during half time when it was raining they had the sprinklers on alongside the heavy rain. Surely that could be deemed willful neglect in these circumstances :banghead:

Sat Mar 18, 2023 7:07 pm

Whistler wrote:I am not sure if it has been mentioned before but I was listening on radio wales and the commentators mentioned that during half time when it was raining they had the sprinklers on alongside the heavy rain. Surely that could be deemed willful neglect in these circumstances :banghead:

Yep all here :shock:

https://twitter.com/NeilMellor33/status ... 31425?s=20

Sat Mar 18, 2023 7:07 pm

Even if the fans can go free at replay and rotherham get fined that does not help us keeping the 1 goal lead which would help and they will have players back from injury and we will have to replay midweek travelling with less fans lets hope we take thousands there to replay video evidence from fans should be gathered by the club and produced to sky tv not the Efl .

Sat Mar 18, 2023 7:23 pm

M4 Exile wrote:all their real groundsmen were probably too busy being groomed anyway

That's not even remotely funny, fella; real people genuinely suffered at the hands of genuine groomers...! :roll: :oops: :evil:

Sat Mar 18, 2023 7:41 pm

Glad you said something Chris or I was heading for a ban again.
Bloody disgusting.

Sat Mar 18, 2023 8:39 pm

Even the Rotherham forum are saying they had a get out of jail card today and they've picked up on our forum thread too,(in the link below).

One of the freaks says we have small country syndrome. I suppose that's better than having to live in an absolute shitehole like them. I was unfortunate enough to have to stay there once for 3 days on a course, it's like Royston Vasey but without the laughs.

https://boards.footymad.net/showthread. ... 398&page=2

Sat Mar 18, 2023 10:34 pm

I've had a look at other forums and even the wurzels and gypos are saying they've cheated, all the vids of groundsmen pulling water back on the pitch, sprinklers on at half time and one giving the middle ingerr and laughing being posted as well as on socials too. How can the EFL do nothing about this when everyone knows what's happened and there's video evidence too? But that's exactly what they will do. Interesting that they told SL not to make a comment either.

Re: ‘ Shocking ‘

Sun Mar 19, 2023 12:53 am

EastleighBlue wrote:It's clear they want this postponed. Gutless in my opinion. Would be very different if they were winning.

Spot On .

Sun Mar 19, 2023 2:12 am

Bakedalasker wrote:
Abergavenny wrote:

I think I’ve got the World Cup game when erikson went down with his medical condition, I know it’s completely different set of circumstances, but I’m sure the game was replayed from moment game was called off. Im not that bothered if we have to replay them to be honest, they’re the worst team I’ve seen in championship by long way!

Sun Mar 19, 2023 6:45 am

Hello Annis. Just to confirm I attended the Rotherham-Cardiff City Championship match yesterday.

I witnessed the pathetic efforts of the New York Stadium groundsraff - all three - first hand.

Having been pummeled by Cardiff in the first half the home club were very happy to see the Championship tie pulled by the referee on 48 minutes following a freak cloud burst.

There is little doubt if more groundstaff had been deployed and another hour allowed for the pitch to be cleared of water, the tie could have been restarted - meaning a match result could have been achieved.

I personally texted Rick Parry, the EFL Chairman about the situation last night and have received a response confirming the EFL are studying the referee's report and looking into the matter.

It remains to be seen if anything does happen, but the EFL have to ask serious questions about the drainage and the Millers only deploying three groundstaff to rectify the situation.

I believe allowing more time and dedicating more ground staff to the problem would have allowed the tie to be completed.

You have to ask serious questions about the general lethargy of the Millers three grounstaff - with one pitch folk between them - and the fact Rotherham had pitch sprinklers on at the interval in the midst of an astonishing cloud burst.

Unfortunately for Rotherham the pathetic efforts of their ground staff have been captured on smart phones

I have a distinct feeling there will be legal ramifications over events here.

Would Rotherham have applied for effort in saving the vital tie if they had been ahead and not comprehensively outplayed?

The input of referee chief Howard Webb, a known Rotherham fan, in the whole equation is another intriguing twist.

I'll say now, I have always held Webb in the highest esteem as a referee. He, an ex-police officer, is one of the finest referees ever produced in the UK.

Tony x

Sun Mar 19, 2023 7:45 am

Has there never been rain in Rotherham before?

I'm pretty sure they knew this was coming if it pissed down!!

Livid.

Sun Mar 19, 2023 7:56 am

Given the circumstances, The only fair option is we re start the game with a 1-0 lead and play just the second half.

Sun Mar 19, 2023 8:16 am

Another derby on our hands here but they are afraid of the rain

Sun Mar 19, 2023 9:47 am

Chris1988 wrote:The EFL won’t do anything to help us, don’t worry about that, they will do everything in their power to make sure we get the worst end of the deal, I’ve never known a club like Cardiff where it’s always us who is on the wrong end of shit decisions

It all seems racially motivated to me. It absolutely stinks Chris