Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: ITS OFFICIAL:BREAKING:CARDIFF HIT WITH TRANSFER EMBARGO

Sat Dec 17, 2022 6:22 pm

Tan and co should have gone the minute he turned the club red

Sat Dec 17, 2022 6:32 pm

Can anyone tell me how Dalman and Choo are still in post? Tan owns the show so can do what he likes but surely even he must question the lunacy of the position and the advice he is receiving?

Sat Dec 17, 2022 7:11 pm

I don’t blame Tan for the way he has pushed this case all the way,our biggest transfer ever was done by a crook of an agent with a dodgy plane and an even dodgier pilot.
Sadly we all know the awful outcome of that January night and now the courts have had the final say it’s time to pay up which must be done immediately.

Stupid bickering on here is very childish considering.

Sat Dec 17, 2022 7:42 pm

So what happens with this really good player already signed according to the post of a few weeks back, more guess work I assume.

Sat Dec 17, 2022 7:44 pm

How many more millions has Tan wasted on legal fees on a case we have no hope of ever winning? Pay up Tan! Sala was always our player and the clubs actions since his death have been an absolute disgrace and have dragged the name of Cardiff City through the mud.

Sat Dec 17, 2022 8:06 pm

Ray Bishop wrote:How many more millions has Tan wasted on legal fees on a case we have no hope of ever winning? Pay up Tan! Sala was always our player and the clubs actions since his death have been an absolute disgrace and have dragged the name of Cardiff City through the mud.

The truth of it is it's tans money to waste though however he sees fit. All this arguing and negativity aint going to achieve anything at all. Other than divide our fan base more than it already is.
I'm not a tan lover or Hater,he's done good and bad just like the majority of all our owners over the years. I just love my club.

Sat Dec 17, 2022 8:14 pm

ccfcblue1980 wrote:
Ray Bishop wrote:How many more millions has Tan wasted on legal fees on a case we have no hope of ever winning? Pay up Tan! Sala was always our player and the clubs actions since his death have been an absolute disgrace and have dragged the name of Cardiff City through the mud.

The truth of it is it's tans money to waste though however he sees fit. All this arguing and negativity aint going to achieve anything at all. Other than divide our fan base more than it already is.
I'm not a tan lover or Hater,he's done good and bad just like the majority of all our owners over the years. I just love my club.

The truth is, it’s not Tans money as some of you keep saying, Tan has now borrowed from his mates etc up to £50mill on very high interest, so please don’t let the facts be ignored.

And our club is being fucked over and £millions upon £millions wasted on court case after court case.

Sat Dec 17, 2022 8:14 pm

Ninian27 wrote:This is worse than shocking, what the hell is going on at our club, dragging our club through shit again, never paying, banned from transfers,yet these idiots just say everything is ok :roll: :roll:

Idiots? :? :roll:

There was always going to be some doubt until it was 'officially' confirmed; which it certainly has been now...

I said on here (and was questioned) that the legal appeal process had been exhausted and the club now needed to start paying up or suffer the consequences. Forever Blue confirmed an embargo was likely and so it has proven

None of us takes pleasure from putting such news out. It is not good for anyone involved under the 'Bluebird' banner (owner, Directors, share-holders, manager, players and/or supporters)

To be frank, it's now embarrassing because the club know their only route is to pursue 'other' avenues that don't (or shouldn't) include holding back money from FC Nantes! :oops:

I'm told that Tan's people (now there's one for the more mature Top of the Poppers on here :laughing6: ) are in talks with FC Nantes to try and 'agree' a way forward but for me, if FC Nantes bend after all this this time, I will be surprised; albeit it pleasantly, if it means any embargo is lifted

Cardiff City FC simply cannot afford (not just financially) to go through a three-window transfer embargo and it needs to be sorted out very soon

Despite many, including myself, who were prepared to back tje club pursuing their case in the Courts, that boat has well and truly sailed and now post-payment (of the debt) litigation is the only remaining path, if there is any at all

Half the problem is a lack of information and maybe the giving out of (shall we say) deliberately misleading information where it is offered. We are told so many things, like (quoting the politician) "The money has been set aside" that even for the more mellow amongst our support, it is difficult to decipher truth from fiction anymore and that is a sad situation

Instead of turning on each other, we need now to unite and demand answers and proposed solutions from those who actually have controlof our club, whether we like that or not...

Sat Dec 17, 2022 8:21 pm

The board need to be made accountable
When us the next AGM, Tan can do whatever he wants but hopefully all the small shareholders can attend the next AGM.
One thing Tan detests is negative publicity, this may be the only realistic feedback which can be heard officially and publicly

Sat Dec 17, 2022 8:22 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
ccfcblue1980 wrote:

The truth is, it’s not Tans money as some of you keep saying, Tan has now borrowed from his mates etc up to £50mill on very high interest, so please don’t let the facts be ignored.

And our club is being fucked over and £millions upon £millions wasted on court case after court case.

I haven't looked through released accounts, not something I have the time or interest in tbh so excuse my ignorance if that is the case. Pretty annoyed if so though

Sat Dec 17, 2022 8:37 pm

More absolute bullshit from the regime, best you F**k off asap and give us our club back. :bluescarf:

Sat Dec 17, 2022 9:02 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:The Bluebirds have confirmed the three-window embargo is currently in place following CAS' decision regarding the transfer of Emiliano Sala from Nantes

As usual the usual suspects virtually slammed me when i said over 10 days ago, i could see it happening as we had refused to pay Emiliano Transfer fee even after losing 3 court cases all saying Emiliano Sala is a Cardiff City player and Tan has to pay.

No wonder Mark Hudson keeps saying we dont need more players and we already have a quality squad :roll: :roll:

BREAKING: Cardiff City hit with transfer embargo. Insist they are locked in talks to resolve the issue.

Who slammed you ? ,I read the topics as most were agreeing it's possible .

Come on Wez, the usual suspects made out it was not true because it was not official, WE are a f*cking laughing stock, clowns, circus, it just goes on and on under this Hierarchy and you still stick up for them, shocking.

Instead of going for me go for the f*cking clowns

Nobody, that I can remember, disrespected you about the information you put up.

Personally I just asked you and anyone else to point me in the direction of where it was confirmed that we were under an embargo. Nobody could at that time but now we have confirmation that your information was correct so fair play you were spot on.

I also said that this dispute is far from over. We may even have to pay the amount we’re liable for to release the embargo but I will still be very surprised if we don’t get back at least some of the money through at least one of the cases that will now follow.

Sat Dec 17, 2022 11:44 pm

The embargo is worthless. Like we were going to sign anybody. Anyone decent that is.
Mehmet said the money is there.. pay it. Everything else comes later.

Sun Dec 18, 2022 7:55 am

Can't we still sign free agents and loan players though?
We've picked up a few good frees recently. Ng, wintle, o'dowda, Collins etc

Sun Dec 18, 2022 9:06 am

ccfcblue1980 wrote:Can't we still sign free agents and loan players though?
We've picked up a few good frees recently. Ng, wintle, o'dowda, Collins etc

Clubs under an embargo are allowed to have 24 senior players.We've probably got 24 players this season. Next season it would include the likes eli King who have made their first team debut.
There's also a salary cap when Slade was here it was £10000 a week..

Sun Dec 18, 2022 9:15 am

Annis, excuse me but I don't get this " I get slated " stuff all the time, as far I can see nobody slated you, people questioned the post title as was it fact or more anti club rumours which there has been quite a lot of lately.

Sun Dec 18, 2022 9:54 am

JulesK wrote:Annis, excuse me but I don't get this " I get slated " stuff all the time, as far I can see nobody slated you, people questioned the post title as was it fact or more anti club rumours which there has been quite a lot of lately.

Jules,

It was not a rumour, I was told from someone high in our club, i was also told certain people were determined for it not to go out.
I then contacted Glen, Rob and Paul all from the Media and told them, the Hierarchy are not being honest to our fans, they are pretending that we are strengthening our squad in January.

They never even told the family that i know who had their son agreed to come and sign for us, they had not heard a word for over a week, left in limbo, but thats exactly how we are run and you wonder why i have ago all the time.

Sun Dec 18, 2022 11:37 am

Agree Annis, just saying that there is also a lot of false stuff about so it gets difficult to separate the two ( rumour or fact ) in fact there's a third which is just trouble stirring crap.
Not doubting you for a minute as you can only post what you told.

Sun Dec 18, 2022 11:44 am

JulesK wrote:Agree Annis, just saying that there is also a lot of false stuff about so it gets difficult to separate the two ( rumour or fact ) in fact there's a third which is just trouble stirring crap.
Not doubting you for a minute as you can only post what you told.

Cheers Jules :thumbright:

I actually am fed up about putting negative stuff out, but there is not much positive to say.

I could not wait to put out about Lennon from West Ham, but at the moment even the family have not been made aware of the situation.

Sun Dec 18, 2022 11:55 am

Sven wrote:
Ninian27 wrote:This is worse than shocking, what the hell is going on at our club, dragging our club through shit again, never paying, banned from transfers,yet these idiots just say everything is ok :roll: :roll:

There was always going to be some doubt until it was 'officially' confirmed; which it certainly has been now...

I said on here (and was questioned) that the legal appeal process had been exhausted and the club now needed to start paying up or suffer the consequences. Forever Blue confirmed an embargo was likely and so it has proven

None of us takes pleasure from putting such news out. It is not good for anyone involved under the 'Bluebird' banner (owner, Directors, share-holders, manager, players and/or supporters)

To be frank, it's now embarrassing because the club know their only route is to pursue 'other' avenues that don't (or shouldn't) include holding back money from FC Nantes! :oops:

I'm told that Tan's people (now there's one for the more mature Top of the Poppers on here :laughing6: ) are in talks with FC Nantes to try and 'agree' a way forward but for me, if FC Nantes bend after all this this time, I will be surprised; albeit it pleasantly, if it means any embargo is lifted

Cardiff City FC simply cannot afford (not just financially) to go through a three-window transfer embargo and it needs to be sorted out very soon

Despite many, including myself, who were prepared to back tje club pursuing their case in the Courts, that boat has well and truly sailed and now post-payment (of the debt) litigation is the only remaining path, if there is any at all

Half the problem is a lack of information and maybe the giving out of (shall we say) deliberately misleading information where it is offered. We are told so many things, like (quoting the politician) "The money has been set aside" that even for the more mellow amongst our support, it is difficult to decipher truth from fiction anymore and that is a sad situation

Instead of turning on each other, we need now to unite and demand answers and proposed solutions from those who actually have controlof our club, whether we like that or not...

Chris I thought all the appeals were over as WOL and BBC Wales, said a while back that the verdict from the Swiss federal court had dismissed our claim, but we are being told now that a verdict from that court is not due until Late January/early February. So by all accounts there is still this last appeal to be decided.
You could not make it up, or perhaps we can :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5:

Sun Dec 18, 2022 12:45 pm

Reply Twitter:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Dec 18, 2022 12:48 pm

Igovernor wrote:
Sven wrote:

Chris I thought all the appeals were over as WOL and BBC Wales, said a while back that the verdict from the Swiss federal court had dismissed our claim, but we are being told now that a verdict from that court is not due until Late January/early February. So by all accounts there is still this last appeal to be decided.

So is the appeal ongoing or not ?.

Sun Dec 18, 2022 1:25 pm

Igovernor wrote:
Sven wrote:

Making it up is a common occurence by our hierarchy modernly, Rog. The simple answer is that the highest point of appeal has now been completed on the transfer fee front and all that remains is the 'official' announcement, i.e. the one that Annis refers to elsewhere in this thread

If what I was told off- Forum remaims correct, the club are simply trying to deflect the announcement whilst they seek other avenues of resolution with FC Nantes and other involved parties

I would love all of this not be true but the placing of a transfer embargo and other news dripping out doesn't make it look good right now and the supporters should rightly be very concerned

Sun Dec 18, 2022 2:05 pm

Sven wrote:
Igovernor wrote:
Sven wrote:

Making it up is a common occurence by our hierarchy modernly, Rog. The simple answer is that the highest point of appeal has now been completed on the transfer fee front and all that remains is the 'official' announcement, i.e. the one that Annis refers to elsewhere in this thread

If what I was told off- Forum remaims correct, the club are simply trying to deflect the announcement whilst they seek other avenues of resolution with FC Nantes and other involved parties

I would love all of this not be true but the placing of a transfer embargo and other news dripping out doesn't make it look good right now and the supporters should rightly be very concerned

Chris, BBC Wales are still saying this :banghead:

"The Bluebirds continue to dispute the money owed and have appealed the CAS hearing to a Swiss Federal Court, which is expected to give its verdict in late January or early February, 2023."

Sun Dec 18, 2022 2:41 pm

Igovernor wrote:
Sven wrote:
Igovernor wrote:
Sven wrote:

Chris, BBC Wales are still saying this :banghead:

"The Bluebirds continue to dispute the money owed and have appealed the CAS hearing to a Swiss Federal Court, which is expected to give its verdict in late January or early February, 2023."

I agree it's all confused, Rog; but there is a difference between "expected to give its verdict" and "have made its verdict"

If my impeccable source is correct, the decision has been made and the final appeal was literally thrown out, which is why the club are now prepping the manager for a very disappointing January Transfer Window

Our short to medium future will be decided by the club's acceptance or not of these decisions and currently it's not looking great :cry:

Sun Dec 18, 2022 3:40 pm

The future of the club off the pitch is looking grim. We may manage to stay up
This year but I can’t see the club strengthening the next season so we will continue to go backwards, The club needs a change starting from the top.

Sun Dec 18, 2022 7:35 pm

It is clear now that someone (maybe Choo) had not done the paperwork correctly on that Friday which in the eyes of the insurance made the transfer incomplete hence the protracted Court cases. Therefore the papers were due to be completed correctly when Sala was due to return on the Tuesday morning.
The whole affair was a shambles by all parties, dodgy agents, crap aircraft and pilot as well as nantes looking to make a killing, city have made a big error in this and they tried to bullshit their way out of it, unfortunately city have had to foot the bill and if they don't it could lead to administration, we have no option other than to pay and the person responsible for the clanger must be sacked for gross misconduct :old:

Sun Dec 18, 2022 9:45 pm

Whistler wrote:It is clear now that someone (maybe Choo) had not done the paperwork correctly on that Friday which in the eyes of the insurance made the transfer incomplete hence the protracted Court cases. Therefore the papers were due to be completed correctly when Sala was due to return on the Tuesday morning.
The whole affair was a shambles by all parties, dodgy agents, crap aircraft and pilot as well as nantes looking to make a killing, city have made a big error in this and they tried to bullshit their way out of it, unfortunately city have had to foot the bill and if they don't it could lead to administration, we have no option other than to pay and the person responsible for the clanger must be sacked for gross misconduct :old:
There is no way that Tan will let us go into administration as he will lose the lot .

Mon Dec 19, 2022 1:15 pm

CCFC:
Players can be sold but we cannot buy, or loan players if we have to pay their wages. Unattached players can be signed.

Mon Dec 19, 2022 6:28 pm

Regarding the transfer embargo , the Club are acting in an irresponsible manner by not coming out clean an answering as to what is really happening . I do not see any disadvantage whatsoever if they are truthful .

In absence of truth and transparency speculation sets in and there can be real damage . My information - which is usually reliable but could be wrong - is that this is what is possibly happening : (1) To start with everyone in the know had said we have no chance of winning any case if we claim that Sala was not our player. To me this was elementary logic and I said so from the beginning.

(2) the issue went to FIFA ….the ultimate governing body in football who said we must pay …… and when we refused they put a 3 window transfer ban on us .

(3) We went above FIFA and went to court the CAS in Switzerland ….who ruled 100% against us and ordered to pay the transfer fee , Nantes costs and the Court costs .

(4) so we now went to the Swiss Federal Court and appealed against the CAS decision .

Very significantly we asked them to “stay” us having to pay until they (Swiss Federal Court) decide whether they will hear our case or not . Their decision of accepting our appeal or not is due in Jan/Feb . Now the SFC REFUSED to impose a stay . If you ask me ….. this is a clear indication that our appeal will be turned down. (5) because of this …. I believe (not certain) that we are now under two transfer embargoes not one (?) …. One from FIFA for 3 transfer windows and the other from the EFL (English Football League) . In my opinion we are clutching on straws and the SFC will not entertain our claim ….. but even if for any reason they do ….we will still lose . Tan and his men Dalman and Choo - are being evasive . We the fans are naturally very concerned .