Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

ITS OFFICIAL:BREAKING:CARDIFF HIT WITH TRANSFER EMBARGO

Sat Dec 17, 2022 2:14 pm

The Bluebirds have confirmed the three-window embargo is currently in place following CAS' decision regarding the transfer of Emiliano Sala from Nantes

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=204226

Cardiff City have been placed under a transfer embargo in a significant blow which means they now cannot sign players in the January window.

Cardiff's hierarchy have met manager Mark Hudson to discuss the matter and he is fully aware of the situation.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=204226

As usual the usual suspects virtually slammed me when i said over 10 days ago, i could see it happening as we had refused to pay Emiliano Transfer fee even after losing 3 court cases all saying Emiliano Sala is a Cardiff City player and Tan has to pay.

No wonder Mark Hudson keeps saying we dont need more players and we already have a quality squad :roll: :roll:

BREAKING: Cardiff City hit with transfer embargo. Insist they are locked in talks to resolve the issue.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ITS OFFICIAL:BREAKING:CARDIFF HIT WITH TRANSFER EMBARGO

Sat Dec 17, 2022 2:18 pm

Cardiff City hit with transfer embargo ahead of January window but are locked in talks to resolve issue

The Bluebirds have confirmed the three-window embargo is currently in place following CAS' decision regarding the transfer of Emiliano Sala from Nantes

By Glen Williams

Cardiff City correspondent

SATURDAY 17 DEC 2022

Cardiff City have been placed under a transfer embargo

Cardiff City have been placed under a transfer embargo in a significant blow which means they now cannot sign players in the January window.

However the club say they are locked in talks with various parties in a bid to resolve the issue and are 'confident' the matter can be sorted.

The transfer ban comes after the Court of Arbitration for Sport in August dismissed Cardiff's appeal over paying Nantes FC the first instalment of the Emiliano Sala transfer fee, equating to £5.1million plus interest, after it was determined that the player's transfer from Nantes had been completed before his tragic death in January 2019.

Cardiff continue to dispute the money owed and have appealed against the CAS hearing to the Swiss Federal Court. A judgment from that higher court is expected by the end of January, or in early February.

In the meantime, the Bluebirds have been hit with the transfer embargo, which is due to last three windows.

Cardiff's hierarchy have met manager Mark Hudson to discuss the matter and he is fully aware of the situation.

"We are pretty confident of being able to negotiate our way through this. It's irrelevant anyway until January 1, when the transfer window opens, and we are working hard to find an amicable resolution by then. We are working hard to resolve this in the interest of the club."

Asked if he was worried about not being able to buy new players in January, Dalman said: "We would like to bring in a few additions, but my conversations with Mark Hudson is to carry on planning as normal. We are hoping this is a temporary embargo, not permanent. But the manager believes there is enough quality in the team anyway to compete at this level."

When CAS announced its ruling, Cardiff immediately issued a statement to say they would once again be appealing the decision. The club then stated if the appeal is unsuccessful, then it would "take legal action against those responsible for the crash for damages to recover its losses. This will include FC Nantes, and its agents."

Last week Cardiff signalled its intention to sue insurance company Miller Insurances LLP for £10m, claiming they failed to properly communicate the process for immediately insuring new players. They said Miller Insurance failed to act with reasonable skill and care and that it was the broker's responsibility to inform the club they would not be insured for a new player's death until its policy was amended to cover the new signing.

The club say they would have requested £20m of coverage for Sala before he boarded the plane if they had been informed of the risks tethered to such tragic events should they take place.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Dec 17, 2022 2:19 pm

Forever Blue wrote:The Bluebirds have confirmed the three-window embargo is currently in place following CAS' decision regarding the transfer of Emiliano Sala from Nantes

As usual the usual suspects virtually slammed me when i said over 10 days ago, i could see it happening as we had refused to pay Emiliano Transfer fee even after losing 3 court cases all saying Emiliano Sala is a Cardiff City player and Tan has to pay.

No wonder Mark Hudson keeps saying we dont need more players and we already have a quality squad :roll: :roll:

BREAKING: Cardiff City hit with transfer embargo. Insist they are locked in talks to resolve the issue.

Who slammed you ? ,I read the topics as most were agreeing it's possible .

Sat Dec 17, 2022 2:22 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:The Bluebirds have confirmed the three-window embargo is currently in place following CAS' decision regarding the transfer of Emiliano Sala from Nantes

Come on Wez, the usual suspects made out it was not true because it was not official, WE are a f*cking laughing stock, clowns, circus, it just goes on and on under this Hierarchy and you still stick up for them, shocking.

Instead of going for me go for the f*cking clowns

Sat Dec 17, 2022 2:25 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Come on Wez, the usual suspects made out it was not true because it was not official, WE are a f*cking laughing stock, clowns, circus, it just goes on and on under this Hierarchy and you still stick up for them, shocking.

I'm not sure I seen that tbh , who are the usual suspects? .most said it was probably right. It's been coming.

Sat Dec 17, 2022 2:26 pm

Tan out, out out, take your followers with you, shame on you Tan :evil:

Sat Dec 17, 2022 2:26 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Yes Annis you had a number of people slam you when you first came out with it.

No one thought it would be 3 windows though. Also the club knew this was coming hence why we signed a few 3 year contracts. This explains why we have settle for a League One squad, well it does to me.

Sat Dec 17, 2022 2:36 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Yes Annis you had a number of people slam you when you first came out with it.

No one thought it would be 3 windows though. Also the club knew this was coming hence why we signed a few 3 year contracts. This explains why we have settle for a League One squad, well it does to me.

Ian, fair play to Wez he does not run away like the others and re-appear when its all quite again.

They all should be on here slamming this Hierarchy, 3 court cases £mills lost, now 3 lots of windows .

Not one of Tans lovers will not slam him, we could go under and they still would find something to stick up for him.

We are in a terrible position on and off the pitch and its just getting worse.

Sat Dec 17, 2022 2:40 pm

Usual sycophants slamming the usual suspects me thinks.

If asking for a simple question mark when you stated it as fact already when it hadn't been confirmed yet is slamming you then okay I guess I'm one of the usual suspects & I will refrain from asking for a question mark in future.

Sat Dec 17, 2022 2:41 pm

Oh wow. I was expecting it after we failed to pay the Sala fee, although I was hoping somehow it would be avoided.

We're in a sticky mess now. This team needs to gel and start creating chances, scoring goals, and winning games quickly, or we could be playing in front of 10,000 in League One next year.

Sat Dec 17, 2022 2:43 pm

This is worse than shocking, what the hell is going on at our club, dragging our club through shit again, never paying, banned from transfers,yet these idiots just say everything is ok :roll: :roll:

Sat Dec 17, 2022 2:45 pm

BREAKING: Cardiff hit with transfer embargo

Media Wales

Saturday 17th December 2022

Cardiff City have been placed under a transfer embargo in a significant blow which means they now cannot sign players in the January window or the next two transfer windows.

However the club say they are locked in talks with various parties in a bid to resolve the issue and are 'confident' the matter can be sorted.

The transfer ban comes after the Court of Arbitration for Sport in August dismissed Cardiff's appeal over paying Nantes FC the first instalment of the Emiliano Sala transfer fee, equating to £5.1million plus interest, after it was determined that the player's transfer from Nantes had been completed before his tragic death in January 2019.

Cardiff continue to dispute the money owed and have appealed against the CAS hearing to the Swiss Federal Court. A judgment from that higher court is expected by the end of January, or in early February.

In the meantime, the Bluebirds have been hit with the transfer embargo, which is due to last three windows. Cardiff's hierarchy have met manager Mark Hudson to discuss the matter and he is fully aware of the situation.

The club say they are in talks with various parties, including FIFA and the Football League, as they seek to navigate a way around the problem.

Sat Dec 17, 2022 2:47 pm

Reply Twitter:

Sat Dec 17, 2022 2:53 pm

Welshman in CA wrote:Usual sycophants slamming the usual suspects me thinks.

If asking for a simple question mark when you stated it as fact already when it hadn't been confirmed yet is slamming you then okay I guess I'm one of the usual suspects & I will refrain from asking for a question mark in future.

The problem is theres so many false stories spouted on here it's no wonder things are questioned But like you I'm probably classed as usual suspect and people say it's a forum for debate? Sounds more like can debate as long as you agree with everyone else who are paranoid about the club setup... from personal experience its getting better to not say anything.. :o

Sat Dec 17, 2022 2:59 pm

I only just noticed it's for three windows. We won't even get to play Wrexham if this doesn't get resolved. We'll have back-to-back relegations while they get back-to-back promotions.

Sat Dec 17, 2022 3:01 pm

pembroke allan wrote:

The problem is theres so many false stories spouted on here it's no wonder things are questioned But like you I'm probably classed as usual suspect and people say it's a forum for debate? Sounds more like can debate as long as you agree with everyone else who are paranoid about the club setup... from personal experience its getting better to not say anything.. :o

Cant you two for once see what Tan is doing to our club and slam him.

I made two headlines about the Ban coming in place, was told to put a ? because club or echo not confirmed lol.

Yes your right it is a forum.

ARE YOU BOTH HAPPY WITH HOW OUR CLUB IS RUN BY THE REGIME ?

DO YOU THINK AFTER 3 DIFFERENT COURTS HAVE ORDERED US TO PAY SALA'S FEE WE SHOULD PAY IT, YES OR NO?

Sat Dec 17, 2022 3:04 pm

It’s constant doom and gloom at this club and it will carry on until tan and his cronies sell up and leave. like a previous poster has said we are nothing but a laughing stock, the club is rotten!

Sat Dec 17, 2022 3:06 pm

Willo Cardiff wrote:It’s constant doom and gloom at this club and it will carry on until tan and his cronies sell up and leave. like a previous poster has said we are nothing but a laughing stock, the club is rotten!

Thats sadly the truth, they have to ALL leave.

Sat Dec 17, 2022 3:11 pm

The media want to make theit mind up wol and williams said that the federal court had given their verdict and turned diwm our appeal, now they are saying verdict due end of jan or feb. Anyway we will pay the first instalment and then the ban will be lifted

Sat Dec 17, 2022 3:12 pm

Reply Twitter:

Sat Dec 17, 2022 3:14 pm

Reply FB:

Sat Dec 17, 2022 3:15 pm

Reply FB:

Sat Dec 17, 2022 3:19 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

I made two headlines about the Ban coming in place, was told to put a ? because club or echo not confirmed lol.

DO YOU THINK AFTER 3 DIFFERENT COURTS HAVE ORDERED US TO PAY SALA'S FEE WE SHOULD PAY IT, YES OR NO?

Will you agree you should have put a question mark? ;)

I've said before that Tan has done both good & bad while I have never had a good word to say about the others, even agreeing with you on a few occasions about Dalman. This embargo should not have happened & the fee should have been paid the minute all appeals were exhausted.

As for "Tan out" I can only say that it would be a good idea if we have someone else willing to pump the money into the club that is obviously needed.

Sat Dec 17, 2022 3:24 pm

Welshman in CA wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Will you agree you should have put a question mark? ;)

I've said before that Tan has done both good & bad while I have never had a good word to say about the others, even agreeing with you on a few occasions about Dalman. This embargo should not have happened & the fee should have been paid the minute all appeals were exhausted.

As for "Tan out" I can only say that it would be a good idea if we have someone else willing to pump the money into the club that is obviously needed.

Bloody hell that annoyed you more than how Tan is running our club :lol:

No because, the person who told me has never been wrong.

But i did just for you.

Sat Dec 17, 2022 3:35 pm

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=204226 :cry:

Sat Dec 17, 2022 3:39 pm

Replies FB:

Sat Dec 17, 2022 3:46 pm

Said this for a while
the longer this situation carries on the more punishment our club will get.
The board are just trying to keep the peace in the boardroom. Told Hudson to basically keep quiet and put up with the situation Tan has gotten himself into. The board cant simply resolve the transfer ban because it's all from Tan and his greedy ways.

The longer Tan is with our club the more our club will suffer, in reputation AND as a championship club.

Sat Dec 17, 2022 3:55 pm

Last straw for me, I said all along its right to fight it but once all legal routes were exhausted the money should have been sent.
But obviously when you go too far fighting for the truth you will get punishment from corporate crooks.
As for headlines I suppose if enough stories are put up sooner or later one will be right lmfhao.

Sat Dec 17, 2022 4:06 pm

Tans leadership is dragging us from one crisis to another which will eventually relegate us. Time to sell up and move on - and take that parasite Dalman with you.

Sat Dec 17, 2022 5:06 pm

Perhaps this is when the masterplan of revenge kicks in for returning to blue?