Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

TRANSFER: THE FATE OF EMILIANO SALA (BBC ONE)

Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:09 pm

An incredibly sad programme documentary that showed how the tragedy unfolded, the key players within it and the pre-existing knowledge that screams out that both plane and pilot were unfit for purpose and neither should ever have been near that fateful flight...! :cry:

Some of the 'links' on another thread allude to this; but to see it all told on the screen by real people, including Emiliano Sala's family, Ibbotson's best friend and others, makes it even more harrowing and regretful

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=229831

Shame on anyone who had a knowing part to play in the procurement of that plane, its illegal pilot and its unairworthy condition... :oops:

From the programme, I have 3 simple questions:

1: What legal actions are the Sala family pursuing and against whom?

2: What is the separate French investigation into the circumstances of Emiliano's transfer?

3: Are David Henderson and others connected to the plane potentially facing further charges on top of any already laid?

Sadly, I feel there is still some distance to go in this tragedy... :?

Re: TRANSFER: THE FATE OF EMILIANO SALA (BBC ONE)

Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:58 am

One thing is for certain… I remember at the time thinking Cardiff’s stance in not paying was a PR disaster and almost a stupid attempt at trying to save paying… now it’s transpires Cardiff were right to withhold payment.
The problem is CAS rule we must pay it and although Cardiff may sue for liability the liable parties do not have such money for us to recover.
I hope the evidence puts these guys away for a long time.

Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:58 am

Everything to do with Emiliano Sala
Link

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=204226

Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:23 am

Something_Blue wrote:One thing is for certain… I remember at the time thinking Cardiff’s stance in not paying was a PR disaster and almost a stupid attempt at trying to save paying… now it’s transpires Cardiff were right to withhold payment.
The problem is CAS rule we must pay it and although Cardiff may sue for liability the liable parties do not have such money for us to recover.

Agree with you ,Cardiff should not lose out on the actions beyond their control.

Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:54 am

wez1927 wrote:
Something_Blue wrote:One thing is for certain… I remember at the time thinking Cardiff’s stance in not paying was a PR disaster and almost a stupid attempt at trying to save paying… now it’s transpires Cardiff were right to withhold payment.

Agree with you ,Cardiff should not lose out on the actions beyond there control.

Absolutely right. In fact it would have financially irresponsible not to pursue this.

Just one point. People have mentioned that certain individuals won’t have the money to pay any successful action for the club.

That’s probably right ………………. but their insurers will. That has been the whole reason behind all of these actions that the club has taken.

However, this will all take some time and I don’t see an early end to all of this.

Thu Sep 22, 2022 12:17 pm

Even as some say we won't get a penny I just hope that someone ends up behind bars for a long time.
Hopefully all the other low life's hiding from justice in this case get uncovered too.
PS. Well done Mr Tan, the club and board for at least unearthing this dirty area of transfers.

Fri Sep 23, 2022 11:58 am

I'm also interested in those questions Chris, the French investigation around the transfer suggests there's more to this than meets the eye regarding Nantes and its agents. The Sala family investigation is also important too. A young man needlessly lost his life due to a badly organised flight in a defective plane and with an unlicensed pilot, someone is guilty of manslaughter in my eyes through willful negligence.

Fri Sep 23, 2022 12:51 pm

GrangeEndStar wrote:I'm also interested in those questions Chris, the French investigation around the transfer suggests there's more to this than meets the eye regarding Nantes and its agents. The Sala family investigation is also important too. A young man needlessly lost his life due to a badly organised flight in a defective plane and with an unlicensed pilot, someone is guilty of manslaughter in my eyes through willful negligence.

Remember the police going in to Nantes offices and took files and computers but heard nothing since.