Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

WITH THE RIGHT MANAGER - Promotion is there for us...

Sun Sep 18, 2022 3:32 pm

On recent performances that may be a strange thing to say but, realistically, had we won yesterday we would have been 1 point off the play-offs

1 point off the play-offs and putting in some poor performances

With the right manager, and winning games comfortably, we would certainly be in with a shout of promotion.

Hopefully the Board see this and realise that the only way of recovering their money is getting someone decent in and getting us back to the Premier League.

Only then can they recoup their investment.

Re: WITH THE RIGHT MANAGER - Promotion is there for us...

Sun Sep 18, 2022 3:35 pm

Paul Keevil wrote:On recent performances that may be a strange thing to say but, realistically, had we won yesterday we would have been 1 point off the play-offs

1 point off the play-offs and putting in some poor performances

With the right manager, and winning games comfortably, we would certainly be in with a shout of promotion.

Hopefully the Board see this and realise that the only way of recovering their money is getting someone decent in and getting us back to the Premier League.

Only then can they recoup their investment.

I agree with you the championship isn't great this year ,Morison shown hes out of his depth with his chopping and changing after wins .

Sun Sep 18, 2022 3:45 pm

It really is.

If ever there was a season to go for a £200million incentive - It is this season!

Sun Sep 18, 2022 3:47 pm

Striker still needed

Sun Sep 18, 2022 3:49 pm

Love to be optimistic but then again we have poor board and poor owner who will simply just choose someone unknown like Hudson because he is easy to work with and will not want money or anything.
Love that hudson stayed with us but if he is treated the same as Morison then i cant see us improving.

Sun Sep 18, 2022 4:01 pm

Still no X factor, its all too predictable and blunt

I still believe Colwel could well be that X factor but he needs that second striker slot and a coach who can hide his lack of pace

We should be nowhere near the relegation fight though

Sun Sep 18, 2022 4:04 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Striker still needed

Agree ,who's out of contract ?

Sun Sep 18, 2022 4:30 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Striker still needed

Agree ,who's out of contract ?

Crole is the future and in my opinion should have been tried in the first team by now, young yes, but ability to score goals is more important than age.

Sun Sep 18, 2022 4:44 pm

Colwill is rubbish

Sun Sep 18, 2022 4:48 pm

With a manager who wants to play a pressing, passing game and two championship level strikers we would be a match for anyone in the Championship.

We obviously cannot get the strikers until January which would be too late for a promotion push and I fear as to who our next manager might be.

Sun Sep 18, 2022 5:04 pm

People spouting Scott Parker, Dyche are deluded. It amazes me how people still throw certain names about have you not learnt it will be a firefighting dinosaur who will inevitably do well enough to earn a longer contract and return is to caveman tactics or a cheap nobody.

Sun Sep 18, 2022 6:07 pm

If we hadn't had a great first half against Middlesbrough we'd be in the relegation zone.
Talk of promotion is just fantasy.

Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:37 pm

Don't see a promotion side at the moment. I still don't know what our tactics or style is yet, other than play it out from the back. We started the season with a high press which worked really well against Norwich but hasn't been adopted in every game since. Maybe the team are still gelling as they're too inconsistent at the moment.

Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:12 am

Too much tinkering by morison who thought he was the next Pep.