Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Birmingham manager says Cardiff spent lots this summer

Sat Aug 13, 2022 3:50 pm

Just watched the distance reaction and he says how Cardiff have spent a lot this summer :clap:
Correct me if I’m wrong but sure we only spent £35,000 on Tanner and just spent £500,000 on etete last week, wouldn’t consider that a big spend to use as an excuse for there loss :D

Re: Birmingham manager says Cardiff spent lots this summer

Sat Aug 13, 2022 5:01 pm

BluebirdBoyall wrote:Just watched the distance reaction and he says how Cardiff have spent a lot this summer :clap:
Correct me if I’m wrong but sure we only spent £35,000 on Tanner and just spent £500,000 on etete last week, wouldn’t consider that a big spend to use as an excuse for there loss :D

So we signed all the free agents without paying them a penny to sign for us ? Very nice of them I must say not to take any money off us.... :o

Sat Aug 13, 2022 5:27 pm

Ince the Reading Manager said the same, he lost out on two players due to Cardiff paying bigger signing on fees and wages!

Sat Aug 13, 2022 5:55 pm

HarriRhys22 wrote:Ince the Reading Manager said the same, he lost out on two players due to Cardiff paying bigger signing on fees and wages!

Was that the reason he lost out on them though? Or was it more down to they didn’t want to play for Ince?

Sat Aug 13, 2022 6:36 pm

BluebirdBoyall wrote:Just watched the distance reaction and he says how Cardiff have spent a lot this summer :clap:

Unfortunately whereas you are correct in essence, you'll get a lot of stick for that comment.

Sat Aug 13, 2022 6:47 pm

Cardiffboy95 wrote:
HarriRhys22 wrote:Ince the Reading Manager said the same, he lost out on two players due to Cardiff paying bigger signing on fees and wages!

Was that the reason he lost out on them though? Or was it more down to they didn’t want to play for Ince?

Financial reasons, apparently. According to Ince anyway.

Sat Aug 13, 2022 7:01 pm

City slicker27 wrote:
Cardiffboy95 wrote:

Financial reasons, apparently. According to Ince anyway.

Talking out of his arse I reckon.
Morison has said we haven’t been able to get some players due to financial reasons, so we’re not throwing money at them.

Ince just using an excuse because he’s never going to come out and say they didn’t want to play for him.

Sat Aug 13, 2022 8:57 pm

Barclay1 wrote:

Unfortunately whereas you are correct in essence, you'll get a lot of stick for that comment.

Yes in essence we spent £535k on transfer fees on 2 players...... what about the free agents did we get them for nothing or did we pay money to get them to sighn for us? Because as far as "most" people understand free agents cost clubs money in fees even city :laughing6:
your interpretation of how football transfer finance works is bewildering to say the least..

Sun Aug 14, 2022 9:00 am

pembroke allan wrote:
Barclay1 wrote:

Yes in essence we spent £535k on transfer fees on 2 players...... what about the free agents did we get them for nothing or did we pay money to get them to sighn for us? Because as far as "most" people understand free agents cost clubs money in fees even city :laughing6:
your interpretation of how football transfer finance works is bewildering to say the least..

Exactly. Free agents are in the position of basically asking for large signing on fees as we aren’t paying their ex parent club a fee.

Sun Aug 14, 2022 12:39 pm

Well I don’t know how much the signing on fee people demands is but as you all clearly know then please enlighten me as to what the value of each players signing on fee is? I wouldn’t expect it to be that great but as I said I don’t know the value. Due to a few responses it’s clear everyone knows the signing on fee so please tell me otherwise you don’t know and therefore can’t say it was a high fee :D I also assume the two manager criticising don’t know either so they can’t criticise either :ayatollah:

Sun Aug 14, 2022 12:59 pm

Well I don’t know how much the signing on fee people demands is but as you all clearly know then please enlighten me as to what the value of each players signing on fee is? I wouldn’t expect it to be that great but as I said I don’t know the value. Due to a few responses it’s clear everyone knows the signing on fee so please tell me otherwise you don’t know and therefore can’t say it was a high fee :D I also assume the two manager criticising don’t know either so they can’t criticise either :ayatollah:

Sun Aug 14, 2022 6:21 pm

BluebirdBoyall wrote:Well I don’t know how much the signing on fee people demands is but as you all clearly know then please enlighten me as to what the value of each players signing on fee is? I wouldn’t expect it to be that great but as I said I don’t know the value. Due to a few responses it’s clear everyone knows the signing on fee so please tell me otherwise you don’t know and therefore can’t say it was a high fee :D I also assume the two manager criticising don’t know either so they can’t criticise either :ayatollah:

No idea but I’m pretty sure they wouldn’t have signed without a fee; their agent wouldn’t have allowed that.

Sun Aug 14, 2022 8:08 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
BluebirdBoyall wrote:Well I don’t know how much the signing on fee people demands is but as you all clearly know then please enlighten me as to what the value of each players signing on fee is? I wouldn’t expect it to be that great but as I said I don’t know the value. Due to a few responses it’s clear everyone knows the signing on fee so please tell me otherwise you don’t know and therefore can’t say it was a high fee :D I also assume the two manager criticising don’t know either so they can’t criticise either :ayatollah:

No idea but I’m pretty sure they wouldn’t have signed without a fee; their agent wouldn’t have allowed that.

Well if a free agent market value is worth £500k you can assume
agent would be looking at similar fee for player to sign.....what shouldn't be in dispute is signing a free agent still costs club money to get him to sign.... anyone who thinks club only spent under 600k for for 15 players are deluded in the extreme..... wouldn't be surprised if total came out over £2m with the signing on fees for these players ... yes not a lot money but as we've seen buying expensive players doesn't always mean value for money ....

Mon Aug 15, 2022 10:22 am

My ex neighbour was an City player when in around 2004 he renewed his contract with city He got £75k signing on bonus then just to sign a new contract that gave him a bigger salary

Mon Aug 15, 2022 10:44 am

Abergavenny wrote:My ex neighbour was an City player when in around 2004 he renewed his contract with city He got £75k signing on bonus then just to sign a new contract that gave him a bigger salary

Our points exactly mate. Plus, that was close to 20 years ago. Any clues on the name of your ex neighbour? :P

Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:35 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Abergavenny wrote:My ex neighbour was an City player when in around 2004 he renewed his contract with city He got £75k signing on bonus then just to sign a new contract that gave him a bigger salary

Our points exactly mate. Plus, that was close to 20 years ago. Any clues on the name of your ex neighbour? :P

Let’s say an ex swansea player who we forgave for playing for Swansea

Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:44 am

Abergavenny wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

I’ve narrowed it to 2. Surname L?

Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:49 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Abergavenny wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Both L & B lived in Langstone no more than couple hundred meters apart But yes it was one of them

Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:56 am

Abergavenny wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Abergavenny wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Both L & B lived in Langstone no more than couple hundred meters apart But yes it was one of them

:old: :thumbup: