Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“ Max Watters “

Sat Aug 13, 2022 3:36 pm

Max Watters was substituted at h-t as he wasn’t well , Steve Morison and Sky Sports have confirmed:

Get well Asap Max.

Re: “ Max Watters “

Sat Aug 13, 2022 5:58 pm

Annis I remain sceptical about this so called illness. I believe Morison has learned from throwing players under the bus last season and never expected Watters to be here (he doesn’t rate him but couldn’t get better in) and so now is protecting him rather than calling him out in front of the cameras

Sat Aug 13, 2022 6:26 pm

Heard a few people say in the stands today that they thought he would be dragged off half time. I don't think he's a championship striker, league 1 maybe.

Sat Aug 13, 2022 6:31 pm

Like Nelson before him, I feel he was given a last chance today.

I dont think see will see Watters or Nelson play for us again.

Today, a decent striker would have easily had two, a good striker would have had a hattrick.

Sat Aug 13, 2022 7:29 pm

Barclay1 wrote:Like Nelson before him, I feel he was given a last chance today.

Today, a decent striker would have easily had two, a good striker would have had a hattrick.

I think you may well be right.

Sat Aug 13, 2022 10:13 pm

Oh looking for reactions again.

You might have been a half decent Referee but no way are you a football man, you’ve not got a clue and continue to be negative at everything turn.

I’m confident that to challenge you, if Max Watters plays again you bugger off this site never to return!

If you win I will leave.

It’s that simple but I don’t suppose you’ll accept the challenge as you love the blame game and as I’ve said before Referees are a funny lot, never played football and nicer fitted in but liked the power.

I wait your answer.

Sat Aug 13, 2022 11:03 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Max Watters was substituted at h-t as he wasn’t well , Steve Morison and Sky Sports have confirmed:

Get well Asap Max.

:thumbup:

Sun Aug 14, 2022 9:25 am

Watters problem yesterday was missing that chance.. Otherwise he played far better than he did against Norwich.. His movement and work rate was good.. The guy needs a break to go his way.. Unfortunately though, could be wrong but he seems to be a confidence player who allows things to get on top of him.. Needs a goal to lift the cloud above him.. Then who knows.. Depends on morrisons patience...

Sun Aug 14, 2022 9:34 am

Pulisnewport wrote:

You might have been a half decent Referee but no way are you a football man, you’ve not got a clue and continue to be negative at everything turn.

I’m confident that to challenge you, if Max Watters plays again you bugger off this site never to return!

If you win I will leave.

It’s that simple but I don’t suppose you’ll accept the challenge as you love the blame game and as I’ve said before Referees are a funny lot, never played football and nicer fitted in but liked the power.

I wait your answer.

Sorry, where has this suddenly come from? Challenge not accepted.

I made an opinion that many others beford me have made.

Whereas we dont agrer on many things, I actually expected a tad more respect from you?

Sun Aug 14, 2022 9:35 am

Pulisnewport wrote:

If you win I will leave.

I wait your answer.

Big call :happy1:

Sun Aug 14, 2022 10:08 am

litoblues wrote:Watters problem yesterday was missing that chance.. Otherwise he played far better than he did against Norwich.. His movement and work rate was good.. The guy needs a break to go his way.. Unfortunately though, could be wrong but he seems to be a confidence player who allows things to get on top of him.. Needs a goal to lift the cloud above him.. Then who knows.. Depends on morrisons patience...

The lad needs time and a good run of games I thought he did well yesterday if he had put that chance away it could have changed everything for him

Sun Aug 14, 2022 10:46 am

cardiff 74 wrote:
litoblues wrote:Watters problem yesterday was missing that chance.. Otherwise he played far better than he did against Norwich.. His movement and work rate was good.. The guy needs a break to go his way.. Unfortunately though, could be wrong but he seems to be a confidence player who allows things to get on top of him.. Needs a goal to lift the cloud above him.. Then who knows.. Depends on morrisons patience...

The lad needs time and a good run of games I thought he did well yesterday if he had put that chance away it could have changed everything for him

Common sense returns to the forum.

Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:01 am

This lad tries his best just needs a little luck and I think he would be away scoring on a regular basis. Our new striker missed an easier chance so why not get of this lads back given the time he will come good. Harris has Been given game after game still he's given more chances. As for Nelson it's get rid he's Bern chronic not up to the standards of the other new signings not in the same league. Kiepe will be missed on Wed so please bring in new defender to replace after Tuesdays dismal effort no one else who played that night should play. Watters was unlucky yesterday and the Brummies goalkeeper had a lucky day.

Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:03 am

Always thought Watters looks the type to play next to someone else up front. Harris causes trouble, hes not a striker more of an inside forward, he was decent against Birmingham. Causes trouble and gets back

We are missing that greedy type of ST who only cares about scoring

Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:24 am

He does need a run of games but how many do you give him if it's the main area where our gameplan is faltering.
We look better in other areas bar scoring. It would have been ideal to have a cup run and allow him gametime there.

Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:26 am

Barclay1 wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:

If you win I will leave.

I wait your answer.

Whereas we dont agrer on many things, I actually expected a tad more respect from you?

You’ve got my respect :ayatollah: but the constant whinging and wining is a tad disconcerting :laughing5:

Does make me wonder if you are a City supporter? :banghead:

Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:41 am

I thought he played well, but probably needed that chance to go in for confidence.

There were also a few times he took up a perfect goalscoring position only for the pass to not come his way when it should have.

Etete missed what I would class as a sitter with his head. Should have put it back across the goal as the goalie headed his way.

It's all subjective.

Sun Aug 14, 2022 12:58 pm

Pulisnewport wrote:
Barclay1 wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:

If you win I will leave.

I wait your answer.

You’ve got my respect :ayatollah: but the constant whinging and wining is a tad disconcerting :laughing5:

Does make me wonder if you are a City supporter? :banghead:

Everybody whinges and whines about players they like or dont like.

Its bot I dont like Watters as a person but I simply dont think he's good enough for Championship level football.

Do you? If you do then thats opinion for you. But please dont make an Anti Barclay post about something I have simply commented on.

And yes, I had a good refereeing career after a good playing career.

Sun Aug 14, 2022 1:15 pm

Whatever your view on Watters, I like the way that SM deals with this journo who questions him on this.

https://twitter.com/matthewjamesali/sta ... hnxXg&s=19

Sun Aug 14, 2022 1:44 pm

GrangeEndStar wrote:Whatever your view on Watters, I like the way that SM deals with this journo who questions him on this.

Funnily enough I recorded the same part of the interview on my phone and sent it to my friend. It was great to see him sticking up for his players, as we all know if they do something wrong he’ll be the first to say they were wrong. But at least he will stick up for them too. Also notice how the journalist started with I have to look for a negative and then later on says I’m not looking for a negative typical pathetic journalism. Does anyone know who it was?

Sun Aug 14, 2022 1:44 pm

Glad to see the lad getting some support on here though the first thing I thought after he missed that chance was Tony Evans. Seen him bury so many of those back in the day and he was a Brummie boy too.

Sun Aug 14, 2022 2:03 pm

There seems to be a significant minority of people who seem to think that Watters should continue to be played until he comes good. He has only scored one goal in 16 games, other than friendlies, can I ask the ones who want to keep playing Watters how many games they are prepared to play him for without scoring?

We have scored three goals this season and he has not assisted in any of them. So it is not as if he is creating goals for others. I could make excuses for him when we were crap and not making chances for anyone but now we are creating lots of chances and he has has several guilt edged opportunities to score which he has not taken. As for the hope it is just a matter of confidence why did this not happen when he did score a goal. Playing him any further is an exercise in flogging a dead horse. We do now have a viable alternative in Ettete and we need to get him in the team ASAP. Granted he too missed an easy chance on Saturday.

Sun Aug 14, 2022 2:10 pm

Bluebird-in-Jackland wrote:
GrangeEndStar wrote:Whatever your view on Watters, I like the way that SM deals with this journo who questions him on this.

Funnily enough I recorded the same part of the interview on my phone and sent it to my friend. It was great to see him sticking up for his players, as we all know if they do something wrong he’ll be the first to say they were wrong. But at least he will stick up for them too. Also notice how the journalist started with I have to look for a negative and then later on says I’m not looking for a negative typical pathetic journalism. Does anyone know who it was?

I've no idea who the journo was but it sounds like a junior trying to get cheap scraps for a story. I used to be one and whoever it is doesn't sound very effective or experienced.

Sun Aug 14, 2022 2:36 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

I think you may well be right.

Agreed, that one on one is meat and drink for a natural striker and he never looked like putting it in.

Sun Aug 14, 2022 4:57 pm

Crayfish wrote:There seems to be a significant minority of people who seem to think that Watters should continue to be played until he comes good. He has only scored one goal in 16 games, other than friendlies, can I ask the ones who want to keep playing Watters how many games they are prepared to play him for without scoring?

We have scored three goals this season and he has not assisted in any of them. So it is not as if he is creating goals for others. I could make excuses for him when we were crap and not making chances for anyone but now we are creating lots of chances and he has has several guilt edged opportunities to score which he has not taken. As for the hope it is just a matter of confidence why did this not happen when he did score a goal. Playing him any further is an exercise in flogging a dead horse. We do now have a viable alternative in Ettete and we need to get him in the team ASAP. Granted he too missed an easy chance on Saturday.

Nobody has said that he should be played until he come good but they have said he should be given a run of games and if pulling 2 defenders away for yesterdays goal is not assisting I'm not sure what is. So he missed a sitter but the way people are going on you would think no other striker ever has.

As with people saying they like to hold off on praising or demonizing Morison until 10 to 12 games into the season why not at least give him that same 10 games, he hasn't seen the last 20 minutes of a game unless he comes on as a sub. Your viable alternative didn't even hit the target from 5 yards out but yet he's still viable, how long are you giving him? I want them both to come good and maybe try them together.

Everyone is also saying we need at least 1 more striker & we all want every player to score every chance they get but that only happens on your playstation.

Sun Aug 14, 2022 5:16 pm

Pulisnewport wrote:

If you win I will leave.

I wait your answer.

He promised to leave before but had to come back because he loves the attention.
Typical referee :lol: :lol:

I’ve no problem with him being here but you’re right his constant whinging, moaning and negativity does bring the forum down.

Sun Aug 14, 2022 5:45 pm

Thats class from Morison. Good to see him defending his players

Sun Aug 14, 2022 6:47 pm

City slicker27 wrote:

Thats class from Morison. Good to see him defending his players

Agree. Excellent from Morison and my initial thought was ‘Go on max, get us a goal at the Hawthorns’.
My head is still saying that I don’t think he’s a championship player.

Mon Aug 15, 2022 6:16 am

Watters is very short on confidence, that’s become obvious. And I’ve always been of the mind to give him a run. But watching him this season has started to remind me of Joe Mason. Someone who seems to just go through the motions, without any outward sign of commitment or aggression. I hope he comes good, but will it?

Mon Aug 15, 2022 10:38 am

MikeP wrote:This lad tries his best just needs a little luck and I think he would be away scoring on a regular basis. Our new striker missed an easier chance so why not get of this lads back given the time he will come good. Harris has Been given game after game still he's given more chances. As for Nelson it's get rid he's Bern chronic not up to the standards of the other new signings not in the same league. Kiepe will be missed on Wed so please bring in new defender to replace after Tuesdays dismal effort no one else who played that night should play. Watters was unlucky yesterday and the Brummies goalkeeper had a lucky day.

Just out curiosity, can anyone name me a Cardiff city striker who has started his career with Cardiff so dreadfully, one goal in 16 games and has gone on to ‘come good’ and gone on to score loads of goals for us? I can’t think of a single one.