MY VIEW / OPINION: AFTER 2 DEFEATS IN ROW, CARDIFF TODAY

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Sat Aug 13, 2022 1:28 pm

MY VIEW / OPINION:

AFTER 2 DEFEATS IN A ROW, CARDIFF TODAY GOT A WIN & BOY DID THEY DESERVE IT :thumbright: :bluebird: CITY PLAYED WITH DESIRE / HEART & GOOD FOOTBALL & SHOULD OF WON BY MORE GOALS / HOPEFULLY ETETE STARTS NEXT TIME :thumbright: :ayatollah: :bluebird:

Cardiff received of Sky today £130,000 for being live on tv :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Crowd 18,893 including 1,800 Brum fans.

My View Etete should start instead of Watters, give Etete a run.
Watters now 1 goal / 14 games, not good enough.

FIRST-HALF: It was all Cardiff and deservedly went a head :bluebird: GOAL! Cardiff City 1-0 Birmingham City (Philogene 17) :bluebird:
Great first-half by Cardiff, could of been 2-3 nil, good football, Watters had a couple of great chances but missed them, over all great half :bluebird: :bluebird:

SECOND-HALF: Max Watters off, Mark Harris on. at h-t, after Watters misses.

79min: WHAT A Miss! Harris does superbly well to keep the ball in and lift a cross to the bak post. He finds Etete, but his close-range header is wide of the post!
Under pressure for a while but stood strong, no silly mistakes.

GREAT 3 PTS :bluebird: :bluebird:

Etete looked up for it, right places :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

CARDIFF CITY 1 BIRMINGHAM CITY 0 :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:
H-T 1-0 :bluebird:

Crowd 18,893
Away Support 1,860 Brum fans

Cardiff City : Allsop; Romeo, Ng, Kipre, Collins; Wintle, Rinomhota, Sawyers; Philogene, Watters, O'Dowda.
Subs: Alnwick, Simpson, Ralls, Etete, Ojo, R. Colwill, Harris.

Two changes from our last league match - Ng & Philogene came in.

No Curtis Nelson.

Max Watters started for his 3rd league match in a row

GOAL! Cardiff City 1-0 Birmingham City (Philogene 17)

Goal! And what a well-worked goal it is from Cardiff. Wintle with a brilliant through-ball to O'Dowda, who fizzes a cross across goal and Philogene has the easiest of tap-ins at the far post. :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:

40th min: Oh what a miss. What. A. Miss.

O'Dowda does so well to break away and sends Watters through on goal. One v one. He dithers and sees his shot saved.

Watters missed a couple of sitters.

H-T 1-0 :bluebird: :bluebird:

46th min: Max Watters off, Mark Harris on.

65th min: Double change for Cardiff. Etete and Colwill on, Sawyers and Philogene off.

79min: WHAT A Miss!

Harris does superbly well to keep the ball in and lift a cross to the bak post. He finds Etete, but his close-range header is wide of the post!

80th min: O'Dowda off, Ojo on.

WLL DESERVED VICTORY :bluebird: :bluebird:
Attachments
8A75E0CB-2371-473E-8EEF-3C80E0400339.jpeg
8A75E0CB-2371-473E-8EEF-3C80E0400339.jpeg (170.84 KiB) Viewed 6078 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: MY VIEW / OPINION: AFTER 2 DEFEATS IN ROW, CARDIFF TOD

Postby Forever Blue » Sat Aug 13, 2022 1:30 pm

:bluebird:
Attachments
0F377251-3C57-4A2D-B67C-EC3750964112.jpeg
0F377251-3C57-4A2D-B67C-EC3750964112.jpeg (58.87 KiB) Viewed 6063 times

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Paul Keevil » Sat Aug 13, 2022 1:33 pm

Taking a positive spin on the 3 league matches

We beat a side who came down from the Premier League
We beat a side, today, who could have gone top of the table
Reading was a poor game

Were not doing bad
Looking for a Photographer?

Accredited Champions League, Premiership and FL Photographer
Cover RL, RU, Motorsport etc
Accredited - 2012 Olympic Games
Attend "Celebrity Events" - papping
Weddings & Porfolio Work
Paul Keevil

Postby Cardiffboy95 » Sat Aug 13, 2022 1:33 pm

Agree with what you said, apart from Watters.

I thought Watters did well in the first half, linking up play, a couple of nice touches.
His runs in behind the defence made a lot of space which we utilised time and again.

Agree he should have finished some of the chances he had, but really feel once he gets his first one they will start flowing then.
Confidence is key for a striker, and overall he played well. Just missing the finishing touch!
Cardiffboy95

Postby Bakedalasker » Sat Aug 13, 2022 1:37 pm

That was a comfortable win but it only became one when the final whistle blew.
Bakedalasker

Postby Bluebird-in-Jackland » Sat Aug 13, 2022 1:37 pm

Cardiffboy95 wrote:Agree with what you said, apart from Watters.

I thought Watters did well in the first half, linking up play, a couple of nice touches.
His runs in behind the defence made a lot of space which we utilised time and again.

Agree he should have finished some of the chances he had, but really feel once he gets his first one they will start flowing then.
Confidence is key for a striker, and overall he played well. Just missing the finishing touch!

Perfectly put regarding Watters. We seemed to lose a lot of the space we saw in the first half in the second. Whether that was due to tactics or the fact Watters had gone off is up for debate out I personally think it’s the latter.
Bluebird-in-Jackland

Postby WelshSerb » Sat Aug 13, 2022 1:42 pm

Brazil turned up in blue for that first half, some of the best football I've seen down the city for years. Every single player chased then down was amazing to watch and hope it continues
WelshSerb

Postby Welshman in CA » Sat Aug 13, 2022 1:45 pm

Bluebird-in-Jackland wrote:

Perfectly put regarding Watters. We seemed to lose a lot of the space we saw in the first half in the second. Whether that was due to tactics or the fact Watters had gone off is up for debate out I personally think it’s the latter.

Watters was always pulling one or two of brum's players with him, as he did for the goal, but after he went off nobody was doing that and a few times we had 4 or 5 players hanging around outside the box & nobody in the box or running into it to pass to so it just got passed around on the edge of the area with someone eventually getting frustrated enough to have a pop at seeing which row they could kick it into disguised as a shot from 20 yards.
Welshman in CA

Postby BluebirdBoyall » Sat Aug 13, 2022 1:51 pm

Brilliant first half especially and second half showed our hard work and determination to make our home a fortress it never looked too shaky!

I was one for watters at start of season but with this style of football he seems too isolated and can’t get into the game, but when he did he should’ve scored 2/3 and then we’d have different comments :D

Callum o dowda what a player he is as well been phenomenal for us every game
BluebirdBoyall

Postby M4 Exile » Sat Aug 13, 2022 2:15 pm

If anything I think our first half was almost too good given the weather conditions, those that played the full 90 looked absolutely knackered I’m not surprised we started getting a bit sloppy late on
M4 Exile

Postby derynglas » Sat Aug 13, 2022 2:48 pm

Thoroughly enjoyed that, if we can just find that extra clinical edge then I think we’ll spring a few surprises this season.

Think there could be a real player in Etete once he gets settled in. Kudos to whichever one of our staff first spotted Jamilu Collins too, some player :ayatollah:.
derynglas

Postby Forever Blue » Sat Aug 13, 2022 2:58 pm

Welshman in CA wrote:

Watters was always pulling one or two of brum's players with him, as he did for the goal, but after he went off nobody was doing that and a few times we had 4 or 5 players hanging around outside the box & nobody in the box or running into it to pass to so it just got passed around on the edge of the area with someone eventually getting frustrated enough to have a pop at seeing which row they could kick it into disguised as a shot from 20 yards.

Ok Gents fair comments but Watters is suppose to be a brilliant scorer / striker and 1 goal in 14 games for me it’s not enough as a striker.
Another couple of games to start , I would still give him.

So why does Morison take Watters off if he so good?

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Bluebird-in-Jackland » Sat Aug 13, 2022 3:03 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Welshman in CA wrote:

Ok Gents fair comments but Watters is suppose to be a brilliant scorer / striker and 1 goal in 14 games for me it’s not enough as a striker.

He took him off today due to illness. Was said at half time, and in his post match sky interview Morison said the same.
Bluebird-in-Jackland

Postby Forever Blue » Sat Aug 13, 2022 3:04 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Welshman in CA wrote:

He took him off today due to illness. Was said at half time, and in his post match sky interview Morison said the same.

Fair enough not heard it yet.

But Morison usually does that

Also Watters missed a couple of great chances once again.

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Something_Blue » Sat Aug 13, 2022 3:05 pm

Annis we can not afford to start him
V baggies and Bristol city where we need to take our chances. I feel he feels sorry for himself throughout games always moaning at team mates for his own misplaced passes or lack of control. It’s a no from me a lower league striker in all facets
Something_Blue

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Sat Aug 13, 2022 3:06 pm

Watters was abysmal today. From the first time he touched the ball to giving it away in a good position and then giving the foul away.
His touch is poor, he has no anticipation and the one on one with the keeper was shocking.

Terrible performance by him backed up by Morisons decision to haul him off at half time.

Etete done really well when he came on although missed a sitter and doesn’t look ready yet. A bit like Tanner.
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby Something_Blue » Sat Aug 13, 2022 3:08 pm

Plus If anyone gullible enough to believe the illness story that’s up to them. Last season morison would have roasted watters in interview but has learnt to be a bit more diplomatic and protect the player.
Something_Blue

Postby OwainGlyndŵr123 » Sat Aug 13, 2022 3:08 pm

Best I’ve seen us play in a long time. If we keep it up we will draw in more of a crowd. Far too long we have witnessed hoofball and that has changed. It will take time but I think we are going in the right direction
OwainGlyndŵr123

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Sat Aug 13, 2022 3:09 pm

OwainGlyndŵr123 wrote:Best I’ve seen us play in a long time. If we keep it up we will draw in more of a crowd. Far too long we have witnessed hoofball and that has changed. It will take time but I think we are going in the right direction

That first half was the best all round display I’ve seen at home in quite a few years.
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby Something_Blue » Sat Aug 13, 2022 3:10 pm

For as well as we played a better side would have beat us due to our (Watters’) inability to convert easy chances. Yes Etete should have buried his but Watters is awful and lower league and on another day our great performance would be undone
Something_Blue

Postby Cardiffboy95 » Sat Aug 13, 2022 3:10 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:Watters was abysmal today. From the first time he touched the ball to giving it away in a good position and then giving the foul away.
His touch is poor, he has no anticipation and the one on one with the keeper was shocking.

Terrible performance by him backed up by Morisons decision to haul him off at half time.

Etete done really well when he came on although missed a sitter and doesn’t look ready yet. A bit like Tanner.

We all have our opinions, it’s what makes this forum so good. We discuss our opinions. Some agree, others will not and argue their point.

But, I don’t think it was a coincidence that after half time the gaps behind their defence weren’t appearing as often as they were, I think Max played a big part of that. He makes those runs which get forgotten about, and they’re the things that don’t go noticed by supporters.

Morison sees something in him, I really believe that. Think he just needs that bit of luck, and things will click!
Cardiffboy95

Postby theclaw » Sat Aug 13, 2022 3:11 pm

Great first half of good football and could have been 3-0.Strange as it seems we looked a worse team with out Watters.Odawda MOTM for me.
Only negative for me today was the delays on the link road going home :banghead:
theclaw

Postby Welshman in CA » Sat Aug 13, 2022 3:11 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Welshman in CA wrote:

Only Morison can answer that question but I'm sure we all want someone to start scoring & we definitely need another striker. For Etete to not even hit the target from 3 yards out with nobody near him is not a good first impression either, the keeper may have saved it but that's not the point, at least get it between the goalposts.
Welshman in CA

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Sat Aug 13, 2022 3:26 pm

Cardiffboy95 wrote:
OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:Watters was abysmal today. From the first time he touched the ball to giving it away in a good position and then giving the foul away.

We all have our opinions, it’s what makes this forum so good. We discuss our opinions. Some agree, others will not and argue their point.

But, I don’t think it was a coincidence that after half time the gaps behind their defence weren’t appearing as often as they were, I think Max played a big part of that. He makes those runs which get forgotten about, and they’re the things that don’t go noticed by supporters.

Morison sees something in him, I really believe that. Think he just needs that bit of luck, and things will click!

Yes you’re right about opinions and it’s a good thing but no way on earth can I agree with you mate :lol: ;)
I’ve got the best view in the stadium and watched him closely.

His runs are absolutely nothing special. In fact the time a low ball came into the box from our left he was flat footed and just watched it making no attempt to attack it.

And as for Morison, he was in despair every time Watters fucked up. Putting his hands on his head, shaking his head and ranting.

I’ll respect your opinion but can’t come close to agreeing especially on todays performance.
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby paulh_85 » Sat Aug 13, 2022 3:26 pm

Welshman in CA wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Welshman in CA wrote:

Only Morison can answer that question but I'm sure we all want someone to start scoring & we definitely need another striker. For Etete to not even hit the target from 3 yards out with nobody near him is not a good first impression either, the keeper may have saved it but that's not the point, at least get it between the goalposts.

Keeper was nowhere as long as the header was near post.

It was a terrible miss, and so was Watters one on one. Brilliant performance though and the goals will come if we play like that
paulh_85

Postby Forever Blue » Sat Aug 13, 2022 3:38 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
Welshman in CA wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Welshman in CA wrote:

It was a terrible miss, and so was Watters one on one. Brilliant performance though and the goals will come if we play like that

Yes it was Watters miss once again, still deserves a few more starts for confidence and I am
Not writing him off just yet.

But time is running out for him.

14 appearances / 1 goal

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby bluebird58 » Sat Aug 13, 2022 3:47 pm

I thought Watters looked better today than the Norwich game. He seemed to be involved more today, and made plenty of space for the others. Unlike some people, I’m not writing him off yet, but he still needs to improve
First game Cardiff v Coventry City 1967
bluebird58

Postby paulh_85 » Sat Aug 13, 2022 4:02 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
Welshman in CA wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Welshman in CA wrote:

Yes it was Watters miss once again, still deserves a few more starts for confidence and I am
Not writing him off just yet.

But time is running out for him.

14 appearances / 1 goal

The stats don't look good and he has no "credit in the bank" to miss opportunities like he did today. But it was a good first half performance from him and I feel better about him after that. First two games we created no chances. If we keep creating them I think he will score
paulh_85

Postby pembroke allan » Sat Aug 13, 2022 5:32 pm

Do watters played terrible? Yet after he went off we lost momentum going forward because there was no one making space upfront...... yes he missed couple good chances easy ones even but so did o'dowda and etete . But at least he showed his movement is good if given the right service like today which was a far cry from previous two games .... as for overall performance best football probably since 2008 and can only get better
pembroke allan

Postby TopCat CCFC » Sat Aug 13, 2022 11:11 pm

Good Win today - Still can't get over last weeks league performance at Reading - We missed a trick there .
TopCat CCFC

Return to General Chat