Overstayed by 24 mins at the retail park - fine

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Bluebird1977 » Fri Aug 12, 2022 5:54 pm

Premier Park whoever these turds are sent me a notice said I over stayed after the Norwich game by 24mins and want £50 now or 90 after 14 days :lol:

Parked abit from greggs. Took the kids to greggs and then to the game while she went shopping around the retail park during the game.

Now after the game the traffic was chaos so she carried on shopping while I went across to asda. Went to leave and the traffic was a stand still so couldn't get out took atleast 30 mins to get from the retail car park put to the poxy main road due to loads coming out the petrol station also.

Think we will just ignore the fuckers like some have said in previous posts or maybe appeal :notworthy:
:bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: “We will dust ourselves down and go again” :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:
Bluebird1977

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Overstayed by 24 mins at the retail park - fine

Postby Cardiffboy95 » Fri Aug 12, 2022 6:07 pm

Don’t appeal mate.
If you appeal, they see it as admitting liability and they have you by the bollocks!

Just ignore it.
Cardiffboy95

Postby Bluebird1977 » Fri Aug 12, 2022 6:18 pm

Yeah thats what im thinking but If you can't get out within the 3 hours wtf you supposed to do fly out the car park that's the shittest part when your stuck on a stand still to get out due to traffic.
:bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: “We will dust ourselves down and go again” :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:
Bluebird1977

Postby GrangeEndStar » Fri Aug 12, 2022 6:22 pm

Don't ignore it. This used to be the advice before a court ruling in favour of Parking Eye (twats) that changes the industry in favour of the private parking sharks. Your next letter will be advising you that you now will be charged more as you haven't responded. If you ignore and don't pay that, the court process begins and you'll end up paying £250+. And this is all now automated with the company and court, so it's like printing money with no recourse.

What I would do though is contact the company and tell them about the delays through congestion, I doubt you'll get any joy and just a stock response saying that their acting within the law. It's worth googling and looking at Money Saving Expert as they had a dedicated section on this and someone may have experience of dealing with this company.
'Nail 'em up,' I say. 'Nail some sense into 'em.'
GrangeEndStar

Postby Bluebird1977 » Fri Aug 12, 2022 6:46 pm

GrangeEndStar wrote:Don't ignore it. This used to be the advice before a court ruling in favour of Parking Eye (twats) that changes the industry in favour of the private parking sharks. Your next letter will be advising you that you now will be charged more as you haven't responded. If you ignore and don't pay that, the court process begins and you'll end up paying £250+. And this is all now automated with the company and court, so it's like printing money with no recourse.

What I would do though is contact the company and tell them about the delays through congestion, I doubt you'll get any joy and just a stock response saying that their acting within the law. It's worth googling and looking at Money Saving Expert as they had a dedicated section on this and someone may have experience of dealing with this company.

Nice 1 for the reply m8 :ayatollah:
Bluebird1977

Postby bootsandsaddles » Fri Aug 12, 2022 7:47 pm

Only Cardiff Council will go all the way on parking fines if you have not responded to their letters just ignore It unless you have received a fine by recorded delivery which you have to sign if you haven't just say knowt it is not worth their time taken you to court :bluescarf:
bootsandsaddles

Postby GrangeEndStar » Fri Aug 12, 2022 7:55 pm

bootsandsaddles wrote:Only Cardiff Council will go all the way on parking fines if you have not responded to their letters just ignore It unless you have received a fine by recorded delivery which you have to sign if you haven't just say knowt it is not worth their time taken you to court :bluescarf:

Everything you say used to be true but the game changed and sadly no longer is the case. See my post above. It uses to be the case where it wasn't worth their time to pursue and it was also the case that you could argue that their charges didn't equate to potential loss of business to the parking sharks customers. That was because it was based on consumer law and not criminal, which is what the council uses hence they don't eff around. Believe me, and I say this from personal experience, you will eventually get fined £250+ if you ignore and I'm pretty good at this stuff.
GrangeEndStar

Postby GrangeEndStar » Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:02 pm

Bluebird1977 wrote:
GrangeEndStar wrote:Don't ignore it. This used to be the advice before a court ruling in favour of Parking Eye (twats) that changes the industry in favour of the private parking sharks. Your next letter will be advising you that you now will be charged more as you haven't responded. If you ignore and don't pay that, the court process begins and you'll end up paying £250+. And this is all now automated with the company and court, so it's like printing money with no recourse.

No worries mate. I got stung for £250 just as the law changed, wife was 17mins over in The Range so not exactly taking the piss. These firms are scum, even tried to fine my 89 year old father for not putting his car reg into their system that was in the local hospital. I got him off that but now the law is on their side, don't get caught like me. And I don't use the word scum lightly.
GrangeEndStar

Postby Bakedalasker » Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:43 pm

GrangeEndStar wrote:
Bluebird1977 wrote:

No worries mate. I got stung for £250 just as the law changed, wife was 17mins over in The Range so not exactly taking the piss. These firms are scum, even tried to fine my 89 year old father for not putting his car reg into their system that was in the local hospital. I got him off that but now the law is on their side, don't get caught like me. And I don't use the word scum lightly.

I was taken to court for not registering my number plate properly. Well actually I did but the machine only recognised 2 digits.

A bit of research showed that theses machines were faulty, I had over 100 witness statements to this. So you would have thought I would have won with that. No was the answer. I did win but for another reason. There are Primary and Secondary conditions to all of this. Primary being the offence is so obvious you broke the law you will have to pay. Secondary is that the offence can be questioned for the Judge to decide. I won my case because I was in the time limit of what I paid BUT the Car Parking company claimed I was Out of Contract because I had not entered my full registration. The Judge considered that secondary and gave me the win or whatever its called.

As you your case Ian it does sound like you have a secondary case here because as you say you can't fly out of the car park. You were ready to leave within the time but you could not because of the traffic. That will be your argument.
Bakedalasker

Postby GrangeEndStar » Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:14 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
GrangeEndStar wrote:
Bluebird1977 wrote:

I was taken to court for not registering my number plate properly. Well actually I did but the machine only recognised 2 digits.

A bit of research showed that theses machines were faulty, I had over 100 witness statements to this. So you would have thought I would have won with that. No was the answer. I did win but for another reason. There are Primary and Secondary conditions to all of this. Primary being the offence is so obvious you broke the law you will have to pay. Secondary is that the offence can be questioned for the Judge to decide. I won my case because I was in the time limit of what I paid BUT the Car Parking company claimed I was Out of Contract because I had not entered my full registration. The Judge considered that secondary and gave me the win or whatever its called.

As you your case Ian it does sound like you have a secondary case here because as you say you can't fly out of the car park. You were ready to leave within the time but you could not because of the traffic. That will be your argument.

That's the way I see it. If Ian can prove that it's not 'reasonable' that he could comply to the law due to traffic conditions. Worth a try but only if it works in his favour financially, as the parking firms now know that it can take time off work, effort and consequential legal costs to make challenging it practical. As I said, for councils and private firms, it's a license to print money and the law is now predominantly on their side. And it's not right.
GrangeEndStar

Postby Carpe Diem » Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:45 pm

Is parking 3 hours on match days? I thought it was reduced to 90mins?
Otherwise everybody could park there.
Carpe Diem

Postby 103 Barmy Army » Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:46 pm

As above, I was also under the impression that parking was only free for 90 minutes when the football is on. There used to be signs explaining this, so that would be my next port of call, to check.
103 Barmy Army

Postby Sven » Sat Aug 13, 2022 12:27 am

Bluebird1977 wrote:Premier Park whoever these turds are sent me a notice said I over stayed after the Norwich game by 24mins and want £50 now or 90 after 14 days :lol:

Parked abit from greggs. Took the kids to greggs and then to the game while she went shopping around the retail park during the game.

Now after the game the traffic was chaos so she carried on shopping while I went across to asda. Went to leave and the traffic was a stand still so couldn't get out took atleast 30 mins to get from the retail car park put to the poxy main road due to loads coming out the petrol station also.

Think we will just ignore the fuckers like some have said in previous posts or maybe appeal :notworthy:

Ian, I absolutely detest these scum/scam companies that prey on often unwary motorists but my sincere advice to you is to pay up at the lowest level, i.e. now before it escalates

My partner spent 10 minutes at the Heath and in a rush parked in the poorly signed staff only part of the multi-storey. A 'Parking zpenalty' (not fine) followed and I told her to ignore the letters that followed...

A provisional Court date and £270 later, inc. admin costs and expenses, it was a lesson learned. I paid the charge myself out of embarrassment, as I was adamant from prior experience they would back off eventually

Same company recently 'penalty charged' her elderly mum for leaving her car in a local supermarket overnight after she absent-mindedly took the shopping trolley home, as it was only a short distance away

Result of appeal was pay up or else, so she did, as it was a worry for her

The Case Law below (Parking Eye v Beavis) is why scum/scam companies like them will now somewhat comfortably take it all the way... :cry:

https://www.lawble.co.uk/parking-eye-vs ... penalties/
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Sat Aug 13, 2022 6:58 am

Bluebird1977 wrote:Premier Park whoever these turds are sent me a notice said I over stayed after the Norwich game by 24mins and want £50 now or 90 after 14 days :lol:

Personally, I think you’re better off biting the bullet and paying the fuckers.

The signs in the car park say 3 hours parking except on match days when it’s 90 minutes so you have zero chance of appealing and winning in my opinion.
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby valleyrambill » Sat Aug 13, 2022 7:34 am

Yes do not ignore it as the law did change and it was a lot of my colleagues from the Heath hospital who ended up paying crazy amount of fines and this then loaded companies like this to take things further another bullshit kick to us.

Parking Eye too about 13 NHS staff to court as they had fines that were thousands and the court supported Parking Eye and one of the staff had to re mortgage their home as they had an £11.000 fine to pay

So as much as it is annoying do not ignore it appeal it but do not ignore it
[color=#0040BF][/color]
valleyrambill

Postby Bluebina » Sat Aug 13, 2022 9:19 am

There is a facebook group dealing with these people, they have lawyers and parking law experts that will tell you exactly how to appeal and win :thumbup:
Bluebina

Postby Bakedalasker » Sat Aug 13, 2022 10:40 am

Sven wrote:

Ian, I absolutely detest these scum/scam companies that prey on often unwary motorists but my sincere advice to you is to pay up at the lowest level, i.e. now before it escalates

My partner spent 10 minutes at the Heath and in a rush parked in the poorly signed staff only part of the multi-storey. A 'Parking zpenalty' (not fine) followed and I told her to ignore the letters that followed...

A provisional Court date and £270 later, inc. admin costs and expenses, it was a lesson learned. I paid the charge myself out of embarrassment, as I was adamant from prior experience they would back off eventually

Same company recently 'penalty charged' her elderly mum for leaving her car in a local supermarket overnight after she absent-mindedly took the shopping trolley home, as it was only a short distance away

Result of appeal was pay up or else, so she did, as it was a worry for her

The Case Law below (Parking Eye v Beavis) is why scum/scam companies like them will now somewhat comfortably take it all the way... :cry:

https://www.lawble.co.uk/parking-eye-vs ... penalties/

This is where its good to go to some of these Forums that help you fight your case. This parking Eye v Beavis was used against me but my case was a different scenario making this Beavis case invalid. These Parking companies rely on you not knowing this.
Bakedalasker

Postby NinianLFW » Mon Aug 15, 2022 7:35 pm

If its Parking Eye.
Just ignore it.
I had one a few years ago.
They kept on sending me letters for months.
They get more and more threatening as time goes on.
Towards the end when they still got no reply the threats of court action gets thrown at you.
The worst thing you can do is reply or give in and pay.
They rely on people being frightened in to paying.
They have no legal way to make you pay.
One or two have been taken to court but that's of thousands that like me just ignore.
Only the council or police can issue fines for parking.
And only those should you pay.
NinianLFW

Postby stickywicket » Mon Aug 15, 2022 7:40 pm

I was told you can pay 4quid to park there on match day via the app.Other than that get some one to put your reg in the casino parking machine.They have an open door policy on match day.
stickywicket

Postby Bakedalasker » Mon Aug 15, 2022 8:18 pm

NinianLFW wrote:If its Parking Eye.
Just ignore it.
I had one a few years ago.
They kept on sending me letters for months.
They get more and more threatening as time goes on.
Towards the end when they still got no reply the threats of court action gets thrown at you.
The worst thing you can do is reply or give in and pay.
They rely on people being frightened in to paying.
They have no legal way to make you pay.
One or two have been taken to court but that's of thousands that like me just ignore.
Only the council or police can issue fines for parking.
And only those should you pay.

Different game these days.

These companies are taking people to court more and more these days. I know as I was taken to court by one of them.
Bakedalasker

Postby A Quiet Monkfish » Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:15 pm

RE. you have 2 choices, pay or ignore. If you ignore you may hear nothing for 5 years and just before it's timed-out you can get a bill for £250 + to include legal costs, interest etc, along with notification of summons. They will go to court for this and it's up to the judge whose side he's on - but having 'ignored' previous requests for payment, he'll surely back Parking Eye.

I had a £320 invoice for a 5yr old parking ticket. Used these :

www.mypcnappeal.co.uk

Withing 1 hr had sent be a [very, very, long] wording to pasted onto defence papers. No word of a lie, within 24yrs had letter from Parking eye saying invoice was cancelled. Cost me £40.
A Quiet Monkfish

Postby Welshman in CA » Wed Aug 17, 2022 5:05 pm

stickywicket wrote:I was told you can pay 4quid to park there on match day via the app.Other than that get some one to put your reg in the casino parking machine.They have an open door policy on match day.

This should be everyone's first port of call. You could even wait for the wife there & get a drink/something to eat after the match rather than the overpriced crap at the ground. I used to frequent the Grovesner (?) in the city center years ago & the food was great as well as well priced.
Welshman in CA

Postby Floppsy » Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:55 pm

For £50 I don't think it's worth the time and energy to appeal, especially when there's no guarantee of success.
I'd just pay up.
Floppsy

Postby RV Casual » Wed Aug 17, 2022 11:53 pm

OT I know but 6.50 for a pint in the ground on Saturday, in a plastic cup and absolutely minging.

:(, yes I dont have to buy it but think of the money the club could actualy make with a decent pint at a fair price.
RV Casual

Return to General Chat