Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Birmingham City boss John Eustace has waxed lyrical about th

Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:59 pm

Birmingham City boss John Eustace has waxed lyrical about the Bluebirds boss ahead of tomorrow's meeting.

Eustace, who took the reins at Birmingham just last month, has seen his side gain four points from their first two games of the season and will represent a difficult prospect for the Bluebirds.

However, he also expects a tough afternoon at Cardiff City Stadium and also recognised the dramatic change in playing style implemented by the Welsh club under the current boss.

Eustace said: “[I expect] a very, very difficult game. They have got a fantastic manager there. He came into the club last season in difficult times and turned them around and this year they are playing really good football. We know it is going to be a test.”

Re: Birmingham City boss John Eustace has waxed lyrical abou

Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:45 pm

Seems a fair comment. Bluenoses are saying since he joined in the summer they are playing like a different team but no info on whether it's tactical, a few new fresh faces or man management or a mix of the three. I'm looking forward to it, another test, tight game and valuable minutes in the bag as we build, win or lose, obviously the former I hope.

Re: Birmingham City boss John Eustace has waxed lyrical abou

Sat Aug 13, 2022 9:01 am

Steve Morison:

“They’re really organised. They’ve had a great start and they look good.

“They’re very structured in what they do and have some excellent players. It’ll be a good match.

“We’ll have a few more water breaks than usual. They can be positive and negative. Sometimes you’ll have the momentum and then you don’t want a break. But in other instances, it gives you a chance to have a minute with the boys when it isn’t going the way you want it to. The safety of the players is the most important thing."

John Eustace:

"The most pleasing thing is that we have been competitive. What I have asked for from day one is that we are competitive in every game we play, and we have certainly been doing that. Hopefully, that can continue.

“[I expect] a very, very difficult game. They have got a fantastic manager there. He came into the club last season in difficult times and turned them around and this year they are playing really good football. We know it is going to be a test.”