Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

"Yes its true we are interested."

Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:31 am

Now we await a concrete bid as Davies is still recovering from his injury.

STEVE MORISON: "HE IS NOT FOR SALE AT ANY PRICE."

Morison himself has made his stance very clear, insisting Davies isn't for sale at any price.

BUT / Burnley are signing Southampton’s Nathan Tella on loan.

Burnley boss Vincent Kompany has confirmed the club's interest in Isaak Davies, and has seemingly refused to admit defeat in the club's chase.

"Yeah [it's true] we are interested."

"The problem is if we go through the scouting list it is quite expensive but not every deal is feasible. There are players where you have to respect the fact the club doesn't want to let him go. We are looking for the smart opportunities and not necessarily to make someone's summer!'

“It’s not over until it’s over! But most managers say he’s not our player, so I have to respect he’s someone else’s player. That’s still the case, but I don’t want to deny that there has been an interest and if it happens, we’ll see."

“Those things sometimes have to play out, you state your interest, you do the necessary and anything we do will be diligent, so we have our ceiling. This is what we have, take it or leave it. And this is what we think we can do for you and you for us, and then we move on because we have to."

Vincent Kompany
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: "Yes its true we are interested."

Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:34 am

They’ll be back with I better offer after reading that I think.

Thu Aug 11, 2022 9:05 am

BUT / Burnley are signing Southampton’s Nathan Tella on loan.

Thu Aug 11, 2022 9:30 am

It’s Craig Bellamy who thinks very highly of Isaak Davies and both know each other very well. Bellamy is pushing hard for Burnley to sign him.

Thu Aug 11, 2022 9:45 am

for once i'm torn over this one. don't think he will be a striker for us, as i don't think hes got it in him, i think he'd be a great winger, but cannot see Morison playing him ahead of the other lads he has signed. and he seems to have picked up a few injuries last season. seen him against Luton were he played winger, but didn't run the channels, came to narrow all the time. if they come back with a decent offer i'd say £3.5m+ i'd probably consider it.

Thu Aug 11, 2022 9:51 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:They’ll be back with I better offer after reading that I think.

They will be back with offer of 4-5m with less conditions and more upfront.

Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:11 am

bluebird04 wrote:for once i'm torn over this one. don't think he will be a striker for us, as i don't think hes got it in him, i think he'd be a great winger, but cannot see Morison playing him ahead of the other lads he has signed. and he seems to have picked up a few injuries last season. seen him against Luton were he played winger, but didn't run the channels, came to narrow all the time. if they come back with a decent offer i'd say £3.5m+ i'd probably consider it.

We will take that and I feel it will be a good move for him.

If it happens I'm expecting to see Colwill go next.

Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:30 am

Bakedalasker wrote:
bluebird04 wrote:for once i'm torn over this one. don't think he will be a striker for us, as i don't think hes got it in him, i think he'd be a great winger, but cannot see Morison playing him ahead of the other lads he has signed. and he seems to have picked up a few injuries last season. seen him against Luton were he played winger, but didn't run the channels, came to narrow all the time. if they come back with a decent offer i'd say £3.5m+ i'd probably consider it.

We will take that and I feel it will be a good move for him.

If it happens I'm expecting to see Colwill go next.

Tbh I wouldn’t be too bothered by that either as he seems a bit of a luxury player atm.

Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:52 am

Surely the biggest positive here, is that the academy is now starting to produce players that other teams want? A sale may only generate a couple of million here and there, but it’ll go a hell of a long way to making the club more sustainable.

Thu Aug 11, 2022 1:13 pm

derynglas wrote:Surely the biggest positive here, is that the academy is now starting to produce players that other teams want? A sale may only generate a couple of million here and there, but it’ll go a hell of a long way to making the club more sustainable.

How many we produced so far that we have made money on or gone on to do well in the last ten years?

Thu Aug 11, 2022 1:44 pm

Isaak Davies fitness?

"Still a few weeks away. He's on the grass and training. He needs to build up slowly. He had a sore one on his knee and needs to be built up in the right way."

Steve Morison
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Aug 11, 2022 5:52 pm

So after all that
Burnley Signed Southampton’s Nathan Tella on loan, without having to spend a penny