City fans, Very confused about the amount of chants and shou

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Always City » Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:35 am

Very confused about the amount of chants and shouts for Morison to be sacked coming from parts of the Canton last night.
Understand it’s the minority and emotions are running high but come on….. it’s a whole new squad, only really fair to be judging the man after at least 8 games.
Always City

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: City fans, Very confused about the amount of chants and

Postby Bluebina » Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:44 am

I didn't hear it but thats ridiculous, it was a brand new reserves match with players that hadn't played together as a team, along with the rest of the Championship, we treat these games as a chance to try out new things and test the reserves.

Sometimes you learn more from a loss and bad performances than a flukey win, a lot of those players will be moved on and loaned out sooner or later if we can get replacements.
Bluebina

Postby Pantmawr Bluebird » Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:54 am

I've been seeing Morrison out statements on social media too

Bit over the top in my opinion
Pantmawr Bluebird

Postby NIBluebird » Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:18 pm

Ummm one point off automatic promotion :banghead:
NIBluebird

Postby montyblue » Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:25 pm

My only criticism is playing "nelson" surely if the fans can see he makes way to many mistakes more than most defenders we have why keep playing him
he has played 2 games and given away 2 penalties and 1 assist to the opposition. We have not had a good pairing since
bamba / morrison
montyblue

Postby bluebird7291 » Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:32 pm

montyblue wrote:My only criticism is playing "nelson" surely if the fans can see he makes way to many mistakes more than most defenders we have why keep playing him
he has played 2 games and given away 2 penalties and 1 assist to the opposition. We have not had a good pairing since
bamba / morrison

Weve just signed a CB so I'd assume morrison sees it too. Bagan is the only issue in defence now.
bluebird7291

Postby Aberbeeg Blues » Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:08 pm

SM has simply Never connected with our fan base. He comes across as very selfish and he’s throw several players under the bus.

Things will quickly begin to unravel this season unless he somehow changes his style of management.
Aberbeeg Blues

Postby NPCF3 » Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:29 pm

Pathetic. You don't overhaul a squad and start moaning after 2 league games and a dead-rubber cup game.

Even if Morison does fail, you give 12 games minimum
NPCF3

Postby Sven » Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:50 pm

NPCF3 wrote:Pathetic. You don't overhaul a squad and start moaning after 2 league games and a dead-rubber cup game.

Even if Morison does fail, you give 12 games minimum

Why was it a 'dead rubber'? :?
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby Sven » Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:53 pm

Aberbeeg Blues wrote:SM has simply Never connected with our fan base. He comes across as very selfish and he’s throw several players under the bus.

Things will quickly begin to unravel this season unless he somehow changes his style of management.

Most supporters (and playwrs) wanted Morison as manager early on and I don't think he's changed; it's some fickle and impatient 'fans' that have changed more than a Chameleon at a Mr Benn convention... ;)
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby Bonner » Wed Aug 10, 2022 5:18 pm

embarrassing support at times.. we do have quite a few numpties
lot of the younger more influenced fans are like ‘sheep’
Bonner

Postby boyo1927 » Fri Aug 12, 2022 4:03 pm

Morison shoukd be about manager for next few years. He is very good at getting players in as proven by Jan loans..style of play is so much better we will win more than lose.
boyo1927

Postby Bakedalasker » Fri Aug 12, 2022 5:47 pm

Morison was the cheap option and that is why he is going to get stick from the crowd.

If we had brought in an experienced manager who has had the chance to bring in his own then there would be a lot of tolerance about. However, we have not done that and the criticism fresh hold is a lot lower. Its not Morisons fault as he has taken his chance. Name me anyone who would have not done so in his shoes.

Personally it you are one who wants to have a go at Morison then you are chanting at the wrong person.
Bakedalasker

Postby 1980s Bluebird » Sat Aug 13, 2022 2:00 pm

I heard some of those chants, string more than those words together was probably their limit to be honest.
1980s Bluebird

Return to General Chat