Red card? Yes or no?

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Red card? Yes or no?

Postby Barclay1 » Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:13 am

I was there and from the Canton my immediate reaction was to appeal for the throw as I thought it was a strong but fair tackle and he got the ball.

Ive not seen it back on TV, ref was quick with the card. Any better views than mine?

Assistant refs last night were influential. Our disallowed goal ( again not seen it back) questioned by assistant as he clearly didnt know whether goal should stand after ref gave it.

Penalty? Ref gave it after what I think is a word in his earpiece from assistant. Initially ref turned away from appeals only to do 180° turn and point to spot.

Sending off, immediate flag (fair enough) but with the assistant in such close proximity, you cannot rule put another word in the ear simply saying 'red card serious foul play'.
1st Game 24th Nov 1973 City v Bolton 1-0 (Gil Reece)
Barclay1

Red card? Yes or no?

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Red card? Yes or no?

Postby paulh_85 » Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:21 am

I was close by and thought it was a red tbh. He did jump in but not sure exactly how much contact there was haven't seen it back
paulh_85

Return to General Chat